2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

That’s my point.

Halftime of game 3...

Anytime u guys want to get a non-infield single tonight is ok with me...
Game 1 Final
Boston 108
Cleveland 83
Cavs-Celtics will be a competitive series.
I know that MSG would be loud if they actually could have playoff basketball.
Dolan is a bad owner so I feel for Knick fans.

Im neither a red sox nor a yankees fan, however my take on watching each squad is that the red sox have the better offense , yankees have better pitching...and redsox have better D.

Im neither a red sox nor a yankees fan, however my take on watching each squad is that the red sox have the better offense , yankees have better pitching...and redsox have better D.
No.

No.

And No.

Yankees hit better, sux pitch better and they’re tied with the glove, but the Yankees are improving and will have the lead there soon.

At least you admitted you don’t watch...

No.

No.

And No.

Yankees hit better, sux pitch better and they’re tied with the glove, but the Yankees are improving and will have the lead there soon.

you are basing this on what? what you've seen thus far? if you look at the team stats they are almost even in terms of most offensive and pitching metrics. but if you look at the actual personal, who is underperforming, who is over performing, you will eventually see I am correct. The only SP from the Sox that I believe can be counted on for the entire season is Sale. The yankees have a better starting staff. The yankees have the slightly better bullpen as well, not sure that the numbers state right now, but they do. Defense isn't even. The Sox have 3 Cf's in the outfield, a much better defensive catcher, and are strong up the middle when healthy. Dever's is sort of a dumpster fire on D at 3rd...

No.

No.

And No.

Wrong as well.

I concur the Yanks have the better offense. Boston has better starting pitching, Yanks have a better pen - call that a draw. Sox are better with the glove. And you aren't catching as long as we have guys like Mookie and JBJ.

you are basing this on what? what you've seen thus far? if you look at the team stats they are almost even in terms of most offensive and pitching metrics. but if you look at the actual personal, who is underperforming, who is over performing, you will eventually see I am correct. The only SP from the Sox that I believe can be counted on for the entire season is Sale. The yankees have a better starting staff. The yankees have the slightly better bullpen as well, not sure that the numbers state right now, but they do. Defense isn't even. The Sox have 3 Cf's in the outfield, a much better defensive catcher, and are strong up the middle when healthy. Dever's is sort of a dumpster fire on D at 3rd...

Porcello would be the second best starter (and pushing for first) on the yanks staff right now. Sox have better starters.

The Yankees rotation is getting the job done, so far

No.

No.

And No.

Hitting is very close as is starting pitching. NY def has the better bullpen. When Pedroia returns in the next week or two Boston will have four gold glove caliber defenders in Betts, JBJ, Pedroia and Moreland. The only below average defensive player is Devers, he is defintely a liability. NY seems pretty solid all the way around except catcher is a dumpster fire imo.

Don’t get lost in the Sanchez can’t catch bullshit, no one is lining up to run on him, no one.

Yankee gloves are better than you think, the OF is stellar (Judge, Gardy and Hicks are all Gold Glove caliber) and INF is damn good.

Boston pitchers are much better, we likely have a little better middle relief. Their goofball closer is as good as Chapman.

Don’t get lost in the Sanchez can’t catch bullshit, no one is lining up to run on him, no one.

Yankee gloves are better than you think, the OF is stellar (Judge, Gardy and Hicks are all Gold Glove caliber) and INF is damn good.

Boston pitchers are much better, we likely have a little better middle relief. Their goofball closer is as good as Chapman.

The NYY OF is solid defensively but none are on a level with Betts or JBJ. You don't "likely" have better middle relief, you def have better middle relief.

You don't have to run on Sanchez. Just wait til the ball rolls to the backstop. He's the worst receiver in MLB.

Just Dingers Martinez is on pace for 47 HR and 140 RBIs.

Just need the pitching to pickup and this will be a battle on summer long for the AL East.

Just need the pitching to pickup and this will be a battle on summer long for the AL East.

You can make a case that he's the best hitter in MLB.

It’s gonna be a battle. Yankees need to trade for another starting pitcher.

Just Dianabol or Just Dbol for short, is just hot.

He sucks.

Just Dianabol or Just Dbol for short, is just hot.

He sucks.
Does it suck for NYers that all they have is the Yankees.
I mean these past few days have been the first time I have watched consecutive Sox games without the Bruins/Patriots/Celtics being the top story.

I mean these past few days have been the first time I have watched consecutive Sox games without the Bruins/Patriots/Celtics being the top story.
It’s not like it’s been since 1918 for all, well, maybe the Knicks.

We good here.

It’s not like it’s been since 1918 for all, well, maybe the Knicks.

We good here.
Sox have 3 titles since 2004.
Rangers have 1 title since 1940.
Knickerbockers have 2 titles in their history 1970 and 1973.

New York sports has become a 2 sports town baseball and football.
If you aren’t a Yankees/Giants fan and are a Mets/Jets fan I can’t even imagine.

When the Patriots have their post Brady fall and we all know it’s coming the Celtics and Bruins with the Red Sox will fill the hole until they get a QB.

Sox have 3 titles since 2004.
Rangers have 1 title since 1940.
Knickerbockers have 2 titles in their history 1970 and 1973.

New York sports has become a 2 sports town baseball and football.
If you aren’t a Yankees/Giants fan and are a Mets/Jets fan I can’t even imagine.

When the Patriots have their post Brady fall and we all know it’s coming the Celtics and Bruins with the Red Sox will fill the hole until they get a QB.

You're being too kind to lump the G-men in with the NYY. They belong in the other half of that sentence. :)

If NYers became Steelers fans, they wouldn't have that problem. ;)

If NYers became Steelers fans, they wouldn't have that problem. ;)
If Eli had bens run game, OL and WRs...he’d have 5 Titles like tommyboy.

Another 2 HR day for Just Dingers Martinez.

I can’t believe how little the Sox had to pay for this guy.

Concerns about his foot probably played a factor but if he stays healthy, all he does is produce. 45 HR and 104 RBI in just 119 games last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom