Class of 2018 - 2018 Grad Transfers | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 2018 Grad Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on -- there are PLENTY of guys playing at lower levels that are proven commodities, who might relish the opportunity to play for Syracuse, in the Dome, against ACC competition. We should obviously try to get the best players we can, but if we can land a forward to contribute depth or maybe even a 4/5 type who could bolster depth at both positions, we should do it.

Remember Grant Mullins from Columbia? We wanted him badly after Malichi declared for early entry. Despite playing in the Ivy League [not saying anything controversial when I suggest they are a lower caliber league], he drew extensive attention from SU, Michigan, and Cal -- and eventually opted for the latter. Despite coming from a lesser conference, he ended up starting 80% of the games his one season there, and shot 40% from three while average double figures.

Sometimes, those players are better than you [not you specifically, Alsacs] might expect -- they aren't all just automatically practice bodies. We were looking at Mullins as a third guard, while clearly he was capable of starting and performing well at the P5 conference level.

And I agree that we don't have bountiful playing time on paper to offer -- so you'd be looking at a kid who would add value in a lesser role. Once we get closer to graduation, there will be hundreds of fifth year grad transfers out there, and a handful of them will probably fit the bill.

Best of all, we don't need to bring in someone to plug a major hole like we have in the past, just to add depth. Doesn't really matter to me if it is a grad transfer or a "regular" transfer, although I'd prefer the latter.

Speaking of Grant Mullins-- check this out. Bill Walton is ridiculous haha

Absolutely stunned about Bazley. Stunned. BUT...(trying to be positive)...Trey Porter would be better for us next year.

He's a grown man vs a skinny, albeit super talented kid. At 6-10, 235lbs, with ability to score, rebound & block shots, and especially due to his offensive game close to hoop.

With our roster, I really feel like if SU got Porter for next season, it would be just as good - if not better - than Bazley playing here.

Dolezaj and Brissett are ball-handling forwards. So a bruising PF type would def be a good fit.

IM DONE WITH GRAD TRANSFERS

...is the sentiment of someone on this board

Yup.
The internet allows even the biggest morons to have a voice.

We're not quite as screwed this upcoming year as we woulda been 2 seasons ago, had we not gotten Gillon & AWIII.
At least we can field 5 legit starters w/o 'needing' Grad transfers (at least as of this moment).

That said - would be REALLY nice if we could pick up a 3, and a 4/5 in the Grad xfer market now.

Plus maybe a traditional transfer too.

Yup.
The internet allows even the biggest morons to have a voice.

We're not quite as screwed this upcoming year as we woulda been 2 seasons ago, had we not gotten Gillon & AWIII.
At least we can field 5 legit starters w/o 'needing' Grad transfers (at least as of this moment).

That said - would be REALLY nice if we could pick up a 3, and a 4/5 in the Grad xfer market now.

Plus maybe a traditional transfer too.

We need 2 more bigs. Absolutely.

Absolutely stunned about Bazley. Stunned. BUT...(trying to be positive)...Trey Porter would be better for us next year.

He's a grown man vs a skinny, albeit super talented kid. At 6-10, 235lbs, with ability to score, rebound & block shots, and especially due to his offensive game close to hoop.

With our roster, I really feel like if SU got Porter for next season, it would be just as good - if not better - than Bazley playing here.
Yeah, look, if this kid needs a minutes restriction this is NOT the program for him.

JB does not need someone's blood on his hands.

Go get porter now!!!!

Porter??? I try to keep up but fill me in please! I can't find a thread for porter except the one who is already in school

PF Femi Olujobi- grad transfer from NC A&T 16pts and 8 rebounds per game. Put up 21 and 4 against Clemson, 18 and 8 against Gtown, and 21 and 4 against VIrginia Tech. He is originally from Long Island and he can hit the 3!

The name sounds familiar from the past. He spent 2 years but barely played at Oakland before transaferring!

PF Femi Olujobi- grad transfer from NC A&T 16pts and 8 rebounds per game. Put up 21 and 4 against Clemson, 18 and 8 against Gtown, and 21 and 4 against VIrginia Tech. He is originally from Long Island and he can hit the 3!

The name sounds familiar from the past. He spent 2 years but barely played at Oakland before transaferring!
How big?

This sounds like a perfect fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors