2018 Mets thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

The only way the Mets are going to get any better is if the Wilpons sell the team. We all know that’s not going to happen though. I expect mediocrity for the duration of their ownership. Whatever management is in place won’t be able to do enough to put the Mets on top. There are exceptions of course, like 2015, but that’s not the norm.

How many times can this team lose when the other team only scores 2 runs? Ugh. I’m convinced regardless of record, the Mets are the worst team in baseball. I believe they would lose a 7 game series to every other team.

How many times can this team lose when the other team only scores 2 runs? Ugh. I’m convinced regardless of record, the Mets are the worst team in baseball. I believe they would lose a 7 game series to every other team.

Alex Cobb came in with a 1-7 record and a 6.80 ERA and we made him look like a Cy Young candidate. Baltimore had the worst record in baseball, was 7-23 on the road and had lost 7 in a row.

Let's send this roster to Las Vegas and call the Las Vegas team up. they couldn't do any worse.

Another Mets "snapshot". I think we can all agree that the big problem is the offense. The starting pitchers are doing well. the Bullpen has it's lapses. B ut the inability to score runs is killing us. So I'll focus on the hitters: the current batting order and anybody else with at least 50 plate appearances. Again, the simple system is their OPS this year compared to their career OPS.

C- Devin Mesoraco 2018 .809 career .719 difference: +90
1b- Adrián González .699-.844 = -145
2b- Asdrúbal Cabrera .827-.755 = +72
SS- Amed Rosario .660-.662 = -2
3B- Todd Frazier .746 - .778 = -32
LF- José Bautista .866-.841 = +25 (His Mets numbers, believe it or not, with no HR)
CF- Michael Conforto .740-.826 = -86
RF- Jay Bruce .649-.785 = -136

Brandon Nimmo .953 -.827 = +126
José Reyes .405-.763 = -358
Luis Guillorme .462-.462 = 0 (first big league season)
Jose Lobaton .503-.614 = -111
Kevin Plawecki .635-.616 = +19

Still on DL:
Yoenis Céspedes .790 - .825 = -35
Wilmer Flores .719 - .724 = -5
Juan Lagares .765-.667 = +98 (out for season)

The big problems are Cespedes being out and Conforto and Bruce under performing. Those guys should be a very productive outfield. Last year they produced 829 bases and 331 runs. This year, just past the 1/3 mark of the season, they've produced 264 bases and 99 runs. Meanwhile, Gonzalez and Reyes are washed up and Bautista, who has walked a lot and hit for a good average, seems no longer to be a home run threat.

It’s June 10th and I’m officially calling it quits on this baseball season. I’ll probably check out some postseason games but I don’t plan on watching any other regular season games. This season has been mentally exhausting as a Met fan. If they somehow turn it around(yeah right, it’s the Mets), I’ll eat some crow. Until then, the World Cup, NBA Draft and two tennis grand slams will have to tide me over until football season begins.

So long folks. See you next February for spring training.

It’s June 10th and I’m officially calling it quits on this baseball season. I’ll probably check out some postseason games but I don’t plan on watching any other regular season games. This season has been mentally exhausting as a Met fan. If they somehow turn it around(yeah right, it’s the Mets), I’ll eat some crow. Until then, the World Cup, NBA Draft and two tennis grand slams will have to tide me over until football season begins.

So long folks. See you next February for spring training.

I'm emotionally attached if the team wears uniforms that say "Syracuse". I root for the Mets because it's fun to have a major league team to root for. If they are adding to my life, I'll follow them closely. if they aren't, I'll back off and just check up on them until they start doing something positive.

I'm emotionally attached if the team wears uniforms that say "Syracuse". I root for the Mets because it's fun to have a major league team to root for. If they are adding to my life, I'll follow them closely. if they aren't, I'll back off and just check up on them until they start doing something positive.

Yes. I agree. Syracuse basketball has always been number one for me. I’ll watch them no matter how they are doing. I can’t fault amateur(some for the time being) athletes giving it their all. I can’t muster up as much sympathy for some of these professional baseball players who are getting millions of dollars a year to severely underperform. I feel as though most fans probably take the losing harder than most of the players. With the Mets, I have to sit back and tell myself I’m not on the team. I’m not the one who’s failing.

Yes. I agree. Syracuse basketball has always been number one for me. I’ll watch them no matter how they are doing. I can’t fault amateur(some for the time being) athletes giving it their all. I can’t muster up as much sympathy for some of these professional baseball players who are getting millions of dollars a year to severely underperform. I feel as though most fans probably take the losing harder than most of the players. With the Mets, I have to sit back and tell myself I’m not on the team. I’m not the one who’s failing.

The fact that i can withdraw from the Mets when things are not going well suggests to me that the players take it harder than the fans.

I now declare myself the Mets MVP. After watching all or part of 8 straight losses I didn't watch a moment of tonight's game and they won, Seth Lugo shutting out the mighty Yankees.

amazing that the are only 7.5 out after all this crap. really should be 4-5 games better with almost no better playing..

send conforto down isnt doing it and his 2 good streaks of hitting have been followed by months of bad.. bring the kid up from double A if they need to he seems to be the only hitter they have in the system. is rivera coming back sometime soon? Put Flores in the outfield if they need to, bad can he be?

They should have swept the yankess, led for almost every inning of all 3 games.

Mets fans just because I came across this and you fans deserve something cool. Here is Terry Collins mic’d Up when you guys tried to drill Chase Utley after what he did in 2015 NLDS.
Also it’s no NFSW has bad language.

Pretty good moment for him.

Mets fans just because I came across this and you fans deserve something cool. Here is Terry Collins mic’d Up when you guys tried to drill Chase Utley after what he did in 2015 NLDS.
Also it’s no NFSW has bad language.

Pretty good moment for him.
I miss terry. This franchise is a dumpster fire.

Bad teams find different ways to lose. The Mets aren't just bad. they are boring because they always lose the same way.

This is quite the read: A Complete History of Media Reports Chronicling the Wilpons’ Meddling in New York Mets Baseball…

In other news, I just read that deGrom's last 10 starts have produced a 0.87 ERA and a 2-8 team result. If that's not a classic Mets factoid, I don't know what is.

It's surreal.

1529014792396.png

What the Mets did today:
Mets vs. Diamondbacks - Game Recap - June 17, 2018 - ESPN
...is something called a "comeback". Being a Mets fan, I had to look it up to see what it meant. Apparently, if you fall behind, you don't automatically have to lose. If you can score some runs and keep scoring them until you have more runs than the other team and the game ends, you win. I like it.

they went from may 27th to today without scoring a 4 run inning on top of 120 innings without 4 guys getting on base just the other day..

The Mets new strategy: Score 12 runs in a game, rather than 12 runs in a month.

fastest team to ever go 10 over to 10 under .500. can they go back to 10 over and set that record too.. only about 17 more to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom