2018 Mets thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Mets thread

Dykstra in the news again. I'm not good at linking on the phone, but he got caught with coke, pot and x after altercation with an uber driver.

Sweep a first place team and then lose two out of three to a last place team. Sounds like the Mets to me. Also, how many times can deGrom absolutely dominate and walk away with a no decision. Yeah, Familia blew it tonight but the offense has been putrid.

Sweep a first place team and then lose two out of three to a last place team. Sounds like the Mets to me. Also, how many times can deGrom absolutely dominate and walk away with a no decision. Yeah, Familia blew it tonight but the offense has been putrid.

They said that DeGrom is 4-0 but the Mets are 4-5 in the games he's pitched. :confused:

Mowin' down the National League

The Met's "Big Five" (in games pitched for the Mets)

Jacob DeGrom 49-32
Matt Harvey 35-37
Noah Syndergaard 28-17
Zach Wheeler 23-27
Stephen Matz 17-18
TOTAL: 152-135 (.530)

Not awful but far from dominant.

Mickey Callaway is incompetent. There's no way to wrap my head around how poorly he manages a game. He cost them the game and the series by relying on Ramos and Blevins; both of which should be DFAd.

Jason Vargas is what happens when you shop from Clearance section. He's not better than Matt Harvey.

Last edited:
Mickey Callaway is incompetent. There's no way to wrap my head around how poorly he manages a game. He cost them the game and the series by relying on Ramos and Blevins; both of which should be DFAd.

Jason Vargas is what happens when you shop from Clearance section. He's not better than Matt Harvey.
We have so much dead weight on this roster Vargas Ramos Reyes.

Vargas was 18-11 last year in K.C. he's got a good start on the 11. I wish Callaway would stick with his starters longer and stick to his more proven relievers. You are more likely to win with 2-3 pitchers than 5-6.

Vargas was 18-11 last year in K.C. he's got a good start on the 11. I wish Callaway would stick with his starters longer and stick to his more proven relievers. You are more likely to win with 2-3 pitchers than 5-6.

Vargas was brutal in the second half of the season and wins don't mean that a pitcher is good. Harvey's prime doesn't have much to show for it in the W column because he was stuck behind an inept offense. Same way Jacob has 4 wins when he should have 7 at this point. His ERA is close to 1. Vargas' was over 6 post all star. Vargas' fastball tops out at 88, he has command and location issues.

If the Wilpons truly cared about winning they would have offered Arrieta to have a scary 1-2-3, but they don't and are fine with the status quo. Going to the World Series in 2015 confirmed to the crooks that they don't have to spend money to win if everything goes right. Too bad they didn't win it all that year. You'd be able to stomach what is happening right now.

Vargas was brutal in the second half of the season and wins don't mean that a pitcher is good. Harvey's prime doesn't have much to show for it in the W column because he was stuck behind an inept offense. Same way Jacob has 4 wins when he should have 7 at this point. His ERA is close to 1. Vargas' was over 6 post all star. Vargas' fastball tops out at 88, he has command and location issues.

If the Wilpons truly cared about winning they would have offered Arrieta to have a scary 1-2-3, but they don't and are fine with the status quo. Going to the World Series in 2015 confirmed to the crooks that they don't have to spend money to win if everything goes right. Too bad they didn't win it all that year. You'd be able to stomach what is happening right now.

Wins may be over-rated but I'll take them. Right now Vargas isn't a source of them.

You can't make this up. They can't stay out of their own way.

We have finally used up the great start. 25-25.

If the Mets are out of it close to the trade deadline, do they dangle deGrom to try to get some prospects? I love the guy and don’t want to lose him, but the farm system is bare right now. We need serious prospects, especially with the Braves and Phillies on the rise. I don’t want to see them go into a complete tailspin like they did post 2008. Would be a miserable few years.

If the Mets are out of it close to the trade deadline, do they dangle deGrom to try to get some prospects? I love the guy and don’t want to lose him, but the farm system is bare right now. We need serious prospects, especially with the Braves and Phillies on the rise. I don’t want to see them go into a complete tailspin like they did post 2008. Would be a miserable few years.

Absolutely not. You cannot trust Alderson with his inability to scout prospects.

Noah to the 10 day DL.

Boycott starts now. Alderson is to blame for the bullpen. Callaway is in over his head, but he doesn't even have professionals to work with. The pen is the reason they're not in 1st right now.

Jay Bruce per 162 games the last 2 1/2 seasons:

In a Mets uniform: 601AB 59BB 147SKO 145H (.241BA) 28D 1T 32HR 2SB 88RBI 73RS
In another Uniform: 601AB 52BB 150SKO 156H (.260BA) 36D 9T 37HR 6SB 123RBI 94RS

actually the last 2 weeks have played well except for about 2 games. all the injuries totally screwed up the bullpen. having every starter hurt hasnt helped either. still only 4 or so out and just the blown leads the last few days from being right around first..

hang in and get some pieces back.

I feel terrible for Degrom the guy is having a dominant season and the mets are wasting it.

One way to end a 14 inning game is to bring in a guy with a 13.50 ERA and have him double it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom