2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)...

I mean losing Sampson sucks but if you call today a flop, you're not paying attention.
Right, I think the fact that we've got so many in who appear to be fine academically is a phenomenal start to the class. Now we've got 6 weeks to backfill whichever spots don't get taken today.

It's like guaranteeing 60-70% of your class before the Feb. NLOI day.

I certainly feel much more comfortable now than in the past.

...I don't see the point in following this stuff year round anymore. ...

Yeah, this is where I stand. There's a gut-punch every year with this stuff, it's easier to just wait until August and see who's on the practice field.

One of the 2 four star crown jewels decommits. What would you call it?

Still a lot to be pleased with in this class but if you also want to say today's a flop I can't help you

I think people who thought he came in and started next year were reaching though.. Great to get a 4 star kid but he may well have been 2 yrs down the road to see the field.

Any link to Lewis’ departure & Sampson changing his mind?
Some people on the recruiting board saying they know why, but not related to the departures. They are not being forthcoming with info to respect his privacy.

I mean losing Sampson sucks but if you call today a flop, you're not paying attention.

Wait wasn't this our only 4 star recruit. Any way u slice it or dice it, it's bad news. Not sure why we're trying to spin it. I never heard any news about him not being 1,000% committed until he wasn't.

It's a loss but hopefully they have a backup plan. I never really understood the fake commitment before the real one anyway if you ask me. It's alot for a young kid to make his plans so early in process and then let it fester and see things develop that may be better. It's completely human what he did.

Grades, maybe? He just tweeted he is no longer graduating early.

Maybe Cuse told him he couldnt sign today since "grades" and that pissed him off, knee jerk reaction, boom opens recruitment.

So here’s what stands out to me. Size. Especially the skill guys. All are long and lean or jacked.

Lutz is probably our smallest kid and even if he’s 5-11 he’s still easily 195.

I was just noticing that a big upgrade in size coming with the speed and talent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom