2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 National Signing Day Thread (Part 1)...

I think it was a case of him just getting a bit of cold feet. Nothing to do with grades. Read the SU.com article

Clemson flipped an Ohio State 5 Star OL and Dabo may have gone dirty on Urban to get it done.
Football recruiting is a lot more dirty than basketball recruiting and basketball had those FBI indictments.
Screw Meyer lol. While I'm not thrilled that Clemson is getting top notch talent that we have to compete against, watching Meyer squirm after his comments to Ash re:Syracuse just makes my day.

Screw Meyer lol. While I'm not thrilled that Clemson is getting top notch talent that we have to compete against, watching Meyer squirm after his comments to Ash re:Syracuse just makes my day.
To be fair our fanbase didn’t want Ash.
The Ash camp if not him had to be aware of that.

Wait wasn't this our only 4 star recruit. Any way u slice it or dice it, it's bad news. Not sure why we're trying to spin it. I never heard any news about him not being 1,000% committed until he wasn't.

It's a loss but hopefully they have a backup plan. I never really understood the fake commitment before the real one anyway if you ask me. It's alot for a young kid to make his plans so early in process and then let it fester and see things develop that may be better. It's completely human what he did.

Sure, but I can’t recall a commit sending bigger mixed signals than in all my years of following recruiting.

Really odd.

Thumbs up to landing Amie and a good group of recruits.

Two I wanted most: Sampson and Jordan.
Yes, they haven’t signed elsewhere yet, but not a good sign.

Sigh.

Thumbs up to landing Amie and a good group of recruits.

Two I wanted most: Sampson and Jordan.
Yes, they haven’t signed elsewhere yet, but not a good sign.

Sigh.

We got 4 of 5 I wanted most; Hendrix, Trill, White, TBD Jordan, Wallace. My 6-10 group included Sampson, but to flip and throw in one of the top QB’s on our board in Chance Amie to go with this WR haul and I couldn’t be happier.

Clemson flipped an Ohio State 5 Star OL and Dabo may have gone dirty on Urban to get it done.
Football recruiting is a lot more dirty than basketball recruiting and basketball had those FBI indictments.
I'm actually OK with that in this instance.

Did you forget about a recruit named Washington from a couple years ago?

Yeah, that was another surprise. Did that happen on signing day? Don’t recall.

Eligibility question. So eligibility basically comes down to a combo of grades and scores. Could good 1st semester grades in HS make one not eligible today but eligible by the late signing period?

We got 4 of 5 I wanted most; Hendrix, Trill, White, TBD Jordan, Wallace. My 6-10 group included Sampson, but to flip and throw in one of the top QB’s on our board in Chance Amie to go with this WR haul and I couldn’t be happier.

Can’t really disagree. Your list is solid. Their upside is probably greater than Sampson’s. I guess I chose Sampson because of the clout he’d give the class as a 4 star.

Here is the list that I have still out
Jack Smith
Edward Hendrix
Tyrone Sampson and the reason that I still list him is what if his grades weren't good enough and he really didn't want to have to say that? Wouldn't he say he was re opening?
Jawhar Jordan
Akeem Dixson

Do I have that about right?

It was a good signing day overall however the loss of Sampson stings and the 2 RB's not signing really stinks. The RB depth doesn't look stellar at this point.

Jack Smith
Edward Hendrix
Tyrone Sampson and the reason that I still list him is what if his grades weren't good enough and he really didn't want to have to say that? Wouldn't he say he was re opening?
Jawhar Jordan
Akeem Dixson

Hendrix signed.

Jack Smith
Edward Hendrix
Jawhar Jordan
Akeem Dixson

Hendrix is in.

I like the way we ran the ball towards the end of the year the OL developed nicely but OL depth is also key part to class and rebuild so I'd like to see us add juco OL and continue to recruit Sampson.

It was a good signing day overall however the loss of Sampson stings and the 2 RB's not signing really stinks. The RB depth doesn't look stellar at this point.
The 2 RBS Way more important than OL which appears to be in good shape moving forward.

Jack Smith
Edward Hendrix
Jawhar Jordan
Akeem Dixson

May be some truth to your Sampson thinking. The pay side knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom