2018 NBA Draft Early Entry Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2018 NBA Draft Early Entry Thread

Kentucky freshman Jarred Vanderbilt enters NBA draft, will not sign agent. Six guys from KY have declared and I think they have had two players transfer. If Green leaves they lose almost their entire team. :rolling:

Kentucky freshman Jarred Vanderbilt enters NBA draft, will not sign agent. Six guys from KY have declared and I think they have had two players transfer. If Green leaves they lose almost their entire team. :rolling:
I'm losing sleep over it.

I see the kid with 2.9 points from Purdue is getting tonnes of flack but I see it as a smart move, if his goal is to come back and develop.

You get free exposure to drills and the process, that you may go through later, and you get free pro feedback on your game and what you need to develop on. It's all good information for his own development that he can use over the next 2 years.

I see the kid with 2.9 points from Purdue is getting tonnes of flack but I see it as a smart move, if his goal is to come back and develop.

You get free exposure to drills and the process, that you may go through later, and you get free pro feedback on your game and what you need to develop on. It's all good information for his own development that he can use over the next 2 years.
Not necessarily. The combine is limited to around 65 kids I believe. And just because you declare doesn’t mean a team has to work you out. He may very well get 0 workouts and no feedback

I would imagine there’s not much feedback if they’re not interested in you. This isn’t the NBA scouts all giving free services to every marginal college player that requests it. They don’t have time for that.

I would imagine there’s not much feedback if they’re not interested in you. This isn’t the NBA scouts all giving free services to every marginal college player that requests it. They don’t have time for that.
Isn’t the lack of direct feedback by the scouts a form of negative feedback that realistic people (yeah, I know) would understand?

Not necessarily. The combine is limited to around 65 kids I believe. And just because you declare doesn’t mean a team has to work you out. He may very well get 0 workouts and no feedback

And if that is the case, what has he lost?

It is a no risk move.

These early entries get more comical every year.

I’m thinking about declaring so I can get some feedback. Because I can’t figure out on my own that I’m too slow, too weak, can’t handle the ball well enough, can’t shoot well enough if it’s not a driveway game played at one basket, can’t guard anybody that’s not as slow as me, and that my only strength is I can probably make 85-90% from the free throw line in practice if I’m not tired. Scout me! Give me FEEDBACK. Tell me what to work on! Waste your time on me!

Frankly, I think if I was a front office guy I’d be writing some of these kids off for not knowing their limits. Who the heck wants a guy who “doesn’t get it” on their team. Those are the guys who can completely suck but still blame the coach when they sit the bench.

37 or 64 Who kept her name in were drafted The bigger question what happened to the 24 that were drafted that stayed in the draft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom