2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Scooter missed an inning now and then. Of course that was so he could get a head start across the bridge to get home to Cora.

now and then?

its the 7th inning and Scooter's on the Deegan...

My favorite game with Rizzuto on the PBP was in 1978 (IIRC). The Yankees were playing the Dead Sux in Yankee Stadium after losing a series in Bahstahn because the Sux were hitting homers to left. Whoever was pitching for the Yanks had the Sux' number because they kept hitting high, fly balls into Death Valley. There were a big grunch of them during the game and Rizzuto kept saying on each one, "There's another Fenway Park home run!" as the left fielder settled under what was a routine fly out.

Even the Scooter missed an inning now and then. Of course that was so he could get a head start across the bridge to get home to Cora.

Scooter used to leave games early almost every night to beat the traffic over the George Washington Bridge. They would laugh about it on the broadcasts.

If this isn't the opening day lineup, it's close

Put Wade at 2nd, move Bird to 3rd in lineup and slide everyone down a spot.

Barring injury’s $100...

I think I figured a way to sign a guy like Lynn or Cobb to a reasonable 2 year deal and only have him count for under $8M on the cap this year but still give him a contract that would be acceptable to him

#cashshouldgivemeajob

I think I figured a way to sign a guy like Lynn or Cobb to a reasonable 2 year deal and only have him count for under $8M on the cap this year but still give him a contract that would be acceptable to him

#cashshouldgivemeajob
images

per the CBA:

The CBA!

Article XXXIII, Section E(4)(a)

Any amounts that are actually earned by a Player as Performance Bonuses, Award Bonuses or any other bonuses properly included in a Uniform Player’s Contract shall be included as part of the Player’s Salary in the Contract Year in which the service or performance giving rise to the Bonus was provided. Potential bonuses shall not be included in the AAV calculation made pursuant to Section E(2) above.

the way I read this is that performance bonuses only count against the cap in the year they are earned.

it would be possible to sign a guy like Lynn or Cobb to a 2 year deal for a total base salary of $10-12M, half of which would count against the luxury tax threshold for this season. add in another $10-15M in performance bonuses but write them so they could only trigger in the 2nd year and thus the much larger portion would be paid in the 2nd year and would count against the threshold after the tax rate reset (and we've already spent millions for Manny, Bryce, etc.)

you could even have the player's orig team resign them to a contract like that (totally eliminating the compensation picks) then trade them to us for a mid-level prospect we'll never miss (as opposed to watching them go unsigned and getting nothing back)

#wheresmyjobcash?

And it begins...

Ugh. Was hoping the every day at bats would help him catch lightning in a bottle so they could possibly trade him for something . . . anything . . .

And it begins...

I can't wait to see the injuries he'll be held out with.

Elevated blood pressure

Snoring

Bad haircut

Nutrition deficit (too much ice cream)

The yips

Bunched undies

Get the duct tape out, can’t trade him if he’s on the shelf...

Get the duct tape out, can’t trade him if he’s on the shelf...
I have seen the future.

He will be moved at the trade deadline.

Every day we eat that contract he becomes more palatable for another team to take on.

Gardy
Judge
Sir Didi
Stanton
Bird
Sanchez
Hicks
Andujar
Drury

i could live with that as an opening day lineup

Gardy
Judge
Sir Didi
Stanton
Bird
Sanchez
Hicks
Andujar
Drury

i could live with that as an opening day lineup
I don't know, not sure we woukd hit well enough for power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom