2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Better team won. See you next year baseball.

Glad Stanton was ready for the moment. If those last two strikes were just 2 feet higher and 1 foot to the inside, he might have grounded them out.
The 2 best teams in the AL are still playing. Same as the NL.

Not surprised stanton and Sanchez don’t get the big hit

Sanchez with a great at bat but with the bases loaded 1 out only giving up 1 run is a win

Ugh what a tease
Ball wasn’t carrying at the stadium in this series. Both Sanchez in his last at bat and Torres earlier hit balls that looked like they had a chance to go out. Of course the Red Sox had a few that died as well, but for the Yankees who rely heavily on the home run, not getting the long ball was a real killer.

Should have gone after Chris Yelich. :)
Yep. Yelich is a LFer, LH, and a better hitter (though less power). Instead the Yankees acquired a clone of their RFer and tried to figure out what to do with LF all season. Not sure what the Marlins would have wanted from the Yankees for Yelich, but it probably started with Frazier and Adams and maybe Andujar. That's a steep price.

Here's to what should be an interesting offseason.

Yep. Yelich is a LFer, LH, and a better hitter (though less power). Instead the Yankees acquired a clone of their RFer and tried to figure out what to do with LF all season. Not sure what the Marlins would have wanted from the Yankees for Yelich, but it probably started with Frazier and Adams and maybe Andujar. That's a steep price.

Here's to what should be an interesting offseason.
Definitely need to get a little more left handed at the plate. Bird having a bad year didn’t help.

Didn’t have any faith in CC. Should have planned on Sonny going game 4. If his curveball was on, he would have been tough on the Sox.

Didn’t have any faith in CC. Should have planned on Sonny going game 4. If his curveball was on, he would have been tough on the Sox.
Sonny Gray wasn't on the ALDS roster.

Boone gave CC too long a leash.

Sonny Gray wasn't on the ALDS roster.

Boone gave CC too long a leash.

that's why I said they should have planned for it. should have been on the roster.

that's why I said they should have planned for it. should have been on the roster.
That's fair, they could have carried Gray instead of Tarpley. But I still would have had more confidence in CC than Gray starting that game. Boone needed to have Robertson ready in the 3rd inning.

That's fair, they could have carried Gray instead of Tarpley. But I still would have had more confidence in CC than Gray starting that game. Boone needed to have Robertson ready in the 3rd inning.

I have no idea why tarpley was on the roster

In two starts against Boston this year Gray gave up twelve earned runs in 5-1/3 innings.

In two starts against Boston this year Gray gave up twelve earned runs in 5-1/3 innings.

Was his curve ball on?

Was his curve ball on?

Given his #s probably not but his approach doesn't work against Boston. He nibbles too much instead of challenging hitters. Before you know it there are base runners all over the place and he's thrown 75 pitches in three innings.

Let 'em bleat. I don't see them getting past Houston, and we'll be ready in the spring. It's baseball. :)

Maybe, but he hasn't shown that he's a guy who can handle NY pressure. You're going to start him in game 4 with an insane crowd that's already prepared to crush him at the first sign of trouble? Against that lineup? I think he would have urinated in his pants.

Boone is getting a lot of heat for leaving in starters too long. I say get him better starters. It's not like it was Grady Little/Pedro in 2003. It's the 3rd inning!

Patrick Corbin - come on down...

Maybe, but he hasn't shown that he's a guy who can handle NY pressure. You're going to start him in game 4 with an insane crowd that's already prepared to crush him at the first sign of trouble? Against that lineup? I think he would have urinated in his pants.

Boone is getting a lot of heat for leaving in starters too long. I say get him better starters. It's not like it was Grady Little/Pedro in 2003. It's the 3rd inning!

Cashman not getting Gerrit Cole because he didn’t want to give up Frazier was a mistake.
Cole was almost a Yankee.
Your rotation is average if Severino isn’t in form.
Severino game 3 start was worse than CC.
Yankees need a starter and they need to Diversify the offense. It’s too HR dependent. Red Sox pitchers didn’t give up a HR in games 3 and 4. The Yankee offense did nothing because of that.
Yankees could flip one of their stud young guys Andujar or Torres for a pitcher and just sign Manny Machado.

The only team I could see taking Stanton in a trade he would waive his no trade clause would be the LA Dodgers.

Yeah, if we somehow botch getting Corbin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom