2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Bad opponent's can help, I think they need more than that though.

Boone is going to have to trust his starting staff more. Maybe it's just a Sox trigger finger, but the curse of Adam Warren is upon this bullpen. Starters are going to have to give 6-7 innings and most importantly Severino has to get the mojo back.

On offense, they need Judge back, can't keep trotting Shane Robinson out there. Need Sanchez back too. Bird can't be a .200 hitter, needs to be the guy the Astros actually worried about last year in the playoffs.

And this one is maybe a little too critical because he's hitting the ball hard, but Stanton hit 18 HRs in August last year. He's become a singles machine. His OPS is down 150 points from last year. He needs to start taking over.

So, how can Boone snap them out of this.
Coach-Kicking-Dirt-at-Umpire.jpg

Reggie%20Jackson%20vs%20Billy%20Martin.jpg

Seriously, what can a manager do? I can’t think of a sport where the leader is less relevant.
John Farrell was dragging down Xander Bogaerts and Mookie Betts last year.
Managers can’t really help but they can hurt your team if the team hates them. I doubt the Yankees core hate Boone but Girardi did run a tighter ship.

Two major issues: Sanchez not being the Sanchez we expected. Sev having control issues the last 5 starts. Chapman last night was a bit of a blip. Reminded me of a game or 2 that Mo had against the Sox at Fenway.

Chapman did it a week ago too right after the all star break.

John Farrell was dragging down Xander Bogaerts and Mookie Betts last year.
Managers can’t really help but they can hurt your team if the team hates them. I doubt the Yankees core hate Boone but Girardi did run a tighter ship.

You keep saying that but both Betts and Bogaerts were hobbled by nagging injuries last year, particularly Bogaerts. He had a bad wrist injury.

I didn't say there wasn't dysfunction. Not a big Farrell fan.

Both guys were banged up last year. Bogaerts squaring the ball up much better this year because he was dealing with a serious wrist injury last year. This is widely known. Hitting for much more power this year. That has zero to do with Farrell.
I explained it in the other thread about Farrell’s philosophy. I am not going to bother posting it in this thread. You can see what I meant about Farrell and yes he was a problem and the team has done a lot better without him.

I explained it in the other thread about Farrell’s philosophy. I am not going to bother posting it in this thread. You can see what I meant about Farrell and yes he was a problem and the team has done a lot better without him.

I pretty much agree with all of that. But I don't agree that Xander is hitting for power because Farrell is gone. He had a serious wrist injury last year. This is not a secret.

Jiminy Christmas stick to the Red Sawx thread people.
Must be too many threads over there about planning the route for the World Series Parade that they need more space to discuss more immediate issues.

DUCK BOATS
Funny story. When I was in college I worked on an assembly line one summer at a factory that was building them for shipment to Vietnam. My sole contribution to the Vietnam War since I came up deuces with a 325 lottery number.

Seriously, what can a manager do? I can’t think of a sport where the leader is less relevant.

I generally agree with this statement.

Remember 10 years ago when Mike Scoscia was considered a genius. What has he done in the last decade? Buck Showalter has always been held in high regard. Not sure why and he's a dick to boot. Baseball is a brutally long season and if you don't have the horses you get exposed over 162 games. Not like football where a great coach can scheme his way around a superior opponent.

Lynn looks good, offense making an appearance in the 4th. One thing thats apparent with Torres and Andujar both being starters and all of the trades the last few years, the Yanks have run through most if not all of their near mlb position players. I mean Robinson and Voit, yuck. Frazier getting back would be great. Do we have any infielders in AA who could make a push next year now that Drury is traded and that light hitting 2nd basemen whose name escapes me is likely not the answer.

Lynn looks good, offense making an appearance in the 4th. One thing thats apparent with Torres and Andujar both being starters and all of the trades the last few years, the Yanks have run through most if not all of their near mlb position players. I mean Robinson and Voit, yuck. Frazier getting back would be great. Do we have any infielders in AA who could make a push next year now that Drury is traded and that light hitting 2nd basemen whose name escapes me is likely not the answer.
Wade.

Voit and Robinson are here because they both won’t make the offseason 40 man.

They will need another couple of Walker type guys, except ones who don’t get dizzy and can hit

The kid plays his heart out whenever he is given the opportunity. I would be concerned if someone in the clubhouse had said something. He is one of my favorites of the young players...I hope the Yankees don't trade him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom