2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Absolutely. Kay has a long history as an assclown.
Da Pope is also back in town, he needs a ratings boost.

I believe him though, he knows u can’t mess with heads.

It’s why I hate his show, that’s the kind of humor they try and often fail with.

Kay saying later on he was being facetious is the same as when people call in during the CMB portion on WFAN and getting on Bart about his lack of baseball knowledge and he always says he was just joking. Same thing, it's Kays way of trying to deflect his dumb comments

The kid plays his heart out whenever he is given the opportunity. I would be concerned if someone in the clubhouse had said something. He is one of my favorites of the young players...I hope the Yankees don't trade him.
I like him to, don’t want to see him traded, but if he goes now, it will be for an Ace this winter.

I suppose I could live with that.

Although I’d rather trade Hicks...

Kay saying later on he was being facetious is the same as when people call in during the CMB portion on WFAN and getting on Bart about his lack of baseball knowledge and he always says he was just joking. Same thing, it's Kays way of trying to deflect his dumb comments

If people can't tell your joking or being facetious, then give it up because you aren't good at it.

It’s why I hate his show, that’s the kind of humor they try and often fail with.
His show is unlistenable/unwatchable. He is a genuine ass as a person, too, and not nearly as professional as he would have you believe. I won't say more in an open forum like this.

DkASNMGX4AIuVMg.jpg

I am not a fan of Kay. His comments were worded strangely, but it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that he was not actually blaming Frazier for his injury. Frazier is coming across as a dumb jock in this situation.

Yeah, I don't often listen to Kay's show. But every time I do, I think the same thing... they are trying wayyyyyy too hard. Doesn't even come off as genuine. At all.

Sometimes being the pbp voice of the NEW YORK YANKEES should be enough for one man.

21.1 Million dollars a year.

Atleast Ellsbury came to the team in shape. Sox finally are getting Sandoval off the books.

Price’s contract is worse as well.

When Damon went to the Yankees it made Red Sox fans mad. When Ellsbury left fans weren’t angry one iota.

I am not a fan of Kay. His comments were worded strangely, but it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that he was not actually blaming Frazier for his injury. Frazier is coming across as a dumb jock in this situation.
Nah, Kay was out of line and Frazier was well within in his rights to fire back. The after effects of concussions - dizziness, headaches and vertigo - are quite real and can be debilitating, particularly for a professional athlete. Kay should shut his pie hole and hope he never has to experience it himself.

Nah, Kay was out of line and Frazier was well within in his rights to fire back. The after effects of concussions - dizziness, headaches and vertigo - are quite real and can be debilitating, particularly for a professional athlete. Kay should shut his pie hole and hope he never has to experience it himself.
How was Kay out of line? He was being sarcastic.

He claimed he was being sarcastic after the fact, when he was called out. That makes him a douchebag.
Most people wouldn’t require the explanation. It was obvious.

John Farrell was dragging down Xander Bogaerts and Mookie Betts last year.
Managers can’t really help but they can hurt your team if the team hates them. I doubt the Yankees core hate Boone but Girardi did run a tighter ship.
I think managers can, at most, add a win or two to a team's total if they do a lot right. But they can easily cost a team wins by doing stupid stuff like leaving starters in too long, not managing the bullpen properly, playing the wrong guys because they have a feeling, etc.

It's kind of like golf, it takes a lot to hit par, but it's real easy to start leaving snowmen all over the place.

A couple of largely uninteresting Kay anecdotes.

A good friend of mine went to Fordham with Kay and knows him well. The three of us went to a sports bar in NY several years ago. He didn't seem like a bad guy tho a bit full of himself but that was somewhat understandable. Every five minutes a different NYY fan would come by the table to kiss his ring. Didn't get to interact with him as much as I would have liked with all of the interruptions.

My friend told me a story about how he was at a wedding with several Fordham grads including Kay. Kay, very early in his career, wanted to try out a new HR call on the other guys to get their opinion. They roundly booed him but he wasn't deterred. "See ya".

A couple of largely uninteresting Kay anecdotes.

A good friend of mine went to Fordham with Kay and knows him well. The three of us went to a sports bar in NY several years ago. He didn't seem like a bad guy tho a bit full of himself but that was somewhat understandable. Every five minutes a different NYY fan would come by the table to kiss his ring. Didn't get to interact with him as much as I would have liked with all of the interruptions.

My friend told me a story about how he was at a wedding with several Fordham grads including Kay. Kay, very early in his career, wanted to try out a new HR call on the other guys to get their opinion. They roundly booed him but he wasn't deterred. "See ya".
He came into the dive bar I used to hang out in one time, sat right next to me in my friends seat, who had got up to go to the loo. I said to him, ‘you know Michael, if my friend wasn’t a mets fan, I’d have to ask you to get up, but since he is...phluck him’. The. I just turned my head away and went back to watching football on tv. He just started laughing really hard. We talked for a bit, he offered to get up for my buddy, but joined in on busting on his Met fandom. All I really remember from our conversation, because it shocked me...was that he wasn’t a big Joe Torre fan. Kept saying Buck and Stick built that dynasty and was sorta blaming him for losing 03.

This would’ve been the January of 04 playoffs on a Saturday, don’t recall much else other than Jody, some girl and her dorky date came in and while not really dressed up, they hopped in a limo and shot up 1st Ave after a round of drinks.

Wonder what he thought of Mr Torre after the 04 season...

He came into the dive bar I used to hang out in one time, sat right next to me in my friends seat, who had got up to go to the loo. I said to him, ‘you know Michael, if my friend wasn’t a mets fan, I’d have to ask you to get up, but since he is...phluck him’. The. I just turned my head away and went back to watching football on tv. He just started laughing really hard. We talked for a bit, he offered to get up for my buddy, but joined in on busting on his Met fandom. All I really remember from our conversation, because it shocked me...was that he wasn’t a big Joe Torre fan. Kept saying Buck and Stick built that dynasty and was sorta blaming him for losing 03.

This would’ve been the January of 04 playoffs on a Saturday, don’t recall much else other than Jody, some girl and her dorky date came in and while not really dressed up, they hopped in a limo and shot up 1st Ave after a round of drinks.

Wonder what he thought of Mr Torre after the 04 season...

Funny you say that because I remember my friend telling me that Kay was a huge Showalter guy.

Atleast Ellsbury came to the team in shape. Sox finally are getting Sandoval off the books.

Price’s contract is worse as well.

When Damon went to the Yankees it made Red Sox fans mad. When Ellsbury left fans weren’t angry one iota.
The sox have sandoval for another year, sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom