2019-20 Baseball offseason | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Baseball offseason

Ever ask yourself why the NYY aren't into paying the luxury tax? And they've won one title in 20 years. You're over the top.
In just to tell you that you suck at basic math.

Like, really f****** suck.

Nobody could possibly get that wrong.

Yet here you are.

what is going on here.gif

He didnt want a new deal. That ridiculous offer that they floated was only after the wheels were turning on a trade and it was still well over $100 mill apart. Time after time the Sox offered him deals and he refused to negotiate.

He did not want to be in Boston long term, period.
The Red Sox wanted Mookie to take a discount.
Mookie wanted market rate and a lot of years.
The Red Sox didn’t want to do that.
10 years 300 million isn’t good enough.
12 years 420 million isn’t going to happen.
If the Red Sox offered 8 years 320
Million or 10 years 350 million then Mookie might have signed.

Mookie doesn’t owe the team taking a discount. The Red Sox aren’t a small market team.

Mookie doesn’t owe the team taking a discount. The Red Sox aren’t a small market team.

Mookie didnt make a single counter offer to any of the Sox offers. His camp finally made a counter when the wheels were turning.

Mookie deserves every dollar he could get. But ive seen too many stars bail on Boston for brighter pastures. Im glad we got something

Mookie didnt make a single counter offer to any of the Sox offers. His camp finally made a counter when the wheels were turning.

Mookie deserves every dollar he could get. But ive seen too many stars bail on Boston for brighter pastures. Im glad we got something
Lou Merloni’s leak is garbage. We don’t know what Mookie’s camp offered.
He is leaking what Sam Kennedy wants out in public.
The Red Sox low balled Jon Lester when they wanted to resign the guy.
I don’t give management any benefit of the doubt on this stuff.
Mookie wasn’t taking a discount.
He never said he wanted to leave he wanted market value.
If the Red Sox offered him a FA contract he would have given it real consideration. They tried to get him to take a discount.

Verdugo is a scumbag character wise.
Downs and Wong are prospects.
The Sox got a better trade by doing this bullchit.

Mookie is a top 5 player in baseball and only 27 he is a player you pay.

In just to tell you that you suck at basic math.

Like, really f****** suck.

Nobody could possibly get that wrong.

Yet here you are.

Calm down there keyboard warrior.

The NY Yankees bent over backwards to avoid paying luxury tax in 2018 and over the last 3-4 years have been generally resistant to jacking up payroll like they had in the past. My comment wasn't a criticism of NY but rather a response to Alscas' goofy complaints - criticizing a franchise that has won 4 titles in 15 years and has spent more than anybody on payroll.

You're talking out your butt. You have no idea what level of pay Betts would have taken. It's well known that the MLBPA encourages their members to pursue free agency to stir up bidding and get max dollars. Betts was going to go that route and was looking for a massive deal. Made no economic sense for Boston to pay that kind of money.

Calm down there keyboard warrior.

The NY Yankees bent over backwards to avoid paying luxury tax in 2018 and over the last 3-4 years have been generally resistant to jacking up payroll like they had in the past. My comment wasn't a criticism of NY but rather a response to Alscas' goofy complaints - criticizing a franchise that has won 4 titles in 15 years and has spent more than anybody on payroll.
Dude I don’t care. I was mocking your math.

Way to take the steam out of my troll job.

August can’t come soon enough, I’ll be trolling your Eagles takes before you know it.

If the Red Sox offered him a FA contract he would have given it real consideration. They tried to get him to take a discount.

You just don't get it. Betts owed it to the MLBPA to pursue free agency. Next year the Sox would have either gotten nothing or ended up paying out a ridiculously insane contract. I understand you work in the legal profession but a fundamental understanding of economics might come into play here. Boston would end up having a payroll approaching $300 million. Baseball's future prospects are not all that great. Would be an incredibly dumb move to lay out that sorta cash.

You're talking out your butt. You have no idea what level of pay Betts would have taken. It's well known that the MLBPA encourages their members to pursue free agency to stir up bidding and get max dollars. Betts was going to go that route and was looking for a massive deal. Made no economic sense for Boston to pay that kind of money.
You just want to argue with me. I don’t care you what you think okay.
Other people Are fun you just want to argue with me. Go post on the political board if you want to have a fight back and forth.
I really don’t care what you think. Have a good night. You like arguing with me. I don’t care what you think. I am not going to respond anymore to you.
It’s pointless.

Dude I don’t care. I was mocking your math.

Way to take the steam out of my troll job.

August can’t come soon enough, I’ll be trolling your Eagles takes before you know it.

I just regret that I didn't troll your @ss when my Birds took it to your football squad this past season.

You just want to argue with me. I don’t care you what you think okay.
Other people Are fun you just want to argue with me. Go post on the political board if you want to have a fight back and forth.
I really don’t care what you think. Have a good night. You like arguing with me. I don’t care what you think. I am not going to respond anymore to you.
It’s pointless.

I haven't posted on the political board for at least three years yet you always bring that up. Good Lord you are so sensitive. I challenge your H0T Takes and u curl up in the fetal position. I don't actually enjoy arguing with u cuz then I'm forced to decipher your atrocious grammar.

Why didn't Boston trade Betts to ATL? You were telling me that the Braves were the likely destination. Yeah John Malone's gonna dole out $375 mil over 12 years. lol good luck wid dat.

FYI - this thread is about one more snarky post from being locked.

Chill out and discuss. Knock off the other crap. Thanks.

I’m mad we had to give up Jeter Downs.

Though losing Downs but keeping Maeda is better for us, for this one season. If we win it all, it will be worth it.

I’m mad we had to give up Jeter Downs.

Though losing Downs but keeping Maeda is better for us, for this one season. If we win it all, it will be worth it.
You guys are trading Maeda for the pitching prospect from the Twins who was supposed to go to Boston.
He will be a reliever for the Dodgers next year.
He is 21 years old and can throw 100.
The reason the Red Sox didn’t want him is because they believe his medical won’t let him stay healthy enough to start.

Dodgers didn’t need Maeda.
The Joc Pederson and Ross Stirpling deal fell thru though.

It sucks to me the Red Sox got a better deal in the redo than they deserved.
Wong and Downs are decent prospects.