2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

A few interesting tidbits below. The 2nd because the Navy DC who we've speculated getting in the past was previously talked about as a favorite for that job. The last one because I've never heard of that title before.

USC: Todd Orlando, who served as defensive coordinator at Texas the past few seasons (and had recently accepted a position at Texas Tech) is expected to be the new defensive coordinator at USC multiple outlets are reporting.

Washington State: Jake Dickert, who was promoted to defensive coordinator at Wyoming heading into the 2019 season, is leaving to join the Washington State staff as defensive coordinator. Wyoming defensive ends coach AJ Cooper and corners coach John Richardson are also joining the Wazzu staff.

West Virginia: Trey Neyer is joining the staff as defensive recruiting coordinator, according to 247. Neyer previously served as the director of player personnel at Miami (OH). Prior to that role, he served as an offensive graduate assistant working with the running backs and also spent four season as a student manager at Alabama.

Edit: Newberry was a favorite for the MSU job, not the WSU one.
The Scoop - Monday January 20, 2020 - FootballScoop

Last edited:
When I picture the aloha spirit Graham doesn’t come to mind.

1579652847792.jpeg

Miami (FL): Former Carol City (FL) head coach Benedick Hyppolite is joining the Miami staff in a graduate assistant role, per source.

No one should be surprised. Happy wife, happy life they say. Not sure a lifer from San Diego is moving to the snow belt area of upstate ny. Moving on

New Mexico is his alma mater. He will be working under one of his former DCs. Great opportunity for him to go home again. Seems like a good guy. I am happy for him.

I wonder what San Diego State is going to do now? They lost the two guys that knew the system well. I would be scared if I was an Aztec fan if Hoke tries to be the DC himself.

New Mexico is his alma mater. He will be working under one of his former DCs. Great opportunity for him to go home again. Seems like a good guy. I am happy for him.

I wonder what San Diego State is going to do now? They lost the two guys that knew the system well. I would be scared if I was an Aztec fan if Hoke tries to be the DC himself.

Definitely makes sense. The Merri-go-round of Rocky visiting SU, announcing retirement, Arnette joining and then leaving and now Rocky unretiring to join The Lobos is just wild. I get it but still... I just hope this story ends well for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom