2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

I never thought about what happens to most of the assistants. What a crazy unstable business where you have to be willing to move!
What a brutal business to raise a family in.

Missouri has SEC TV money they can afford to overpay as long as the coach is good.
Who knows but the money is nothing to them.

What if the coach isn't good? He inherited a good team and coached them for 1 year.

Who pays $4M for a guy they could get for $3M?

This isn't monopoly money we're playing with Randolph.

(even though it might seem so).

What if the coach isn't good? He inherited a good team and coached them for 1 year.

Who pays $4M for a guy they could get for $3M?

This isn't monopoly money we're playing with Randolph.

(even though it might seem so).
His agent let him down imo.

I’m really starting to wonder what we are waiting for re: defensive coordinator hire... Becoming more doubtful we make changes in offense with each passing day. Hope Dino has a plan and isn’t just “taking his time thinking about it”.

Didn't Missouri not get their first choice for HC last time and lost him to an upstate NY team and settle on Odem? Maybe they thought that ain't happening again and made sure with an overbid.
Not sure if serious, but Odom was hired before Babers.

Not sure if serious, but Odom was hired before Babers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the rumor was Missouri was the one that offered Babers more $ than SU but Babers had already agreed in principle to coach SU and stayed to his word.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the rumor was Missouri was the one that offered Babers more $ than SU but Babers had already agreed in principle to coach SU and stayed to his word.

Memphis and Mizzu offered him jobs and more $ and he very well could have taken them instead of Syracuse but he took Syracuse. There was no conflict about timing or staying to his word, Dino wanted the Syracuse job. Missouri was a mess at the time as well

I’m really starting to wonder what we are waiting for re: defensive coordinator hire... Becoming more doubtful we make changes in offense with each passing day. Hope Dino has a plan and isn’t just “taking his time thinking about it”.

Really? season has been over for 8 days. Many coaches still working, coaching for bowl games, and things need to play out. In addition, there is also the big coaches conference around the national championship. Also the early signing date, where many of the firings , changes, moves will take place after and then subsequent rehirings. Sure new coaches are putting staffs together but different scenario. Then the chips will fall where they may. Dino pretty much said there will be a new D Coordinator ( staff changes) in his last press conference.

Come on. Dino has a job that pays him North of 2 mil and you are worried that he many not have a plan on how to try and improve his football program? Serioulsy? whether the plan is successful is one thing, but do you think he is just sitting around thinking about it and may or may not get around to addressing his open d coordinator position because his wife wants him to put the Christmas light up?

Last edited:

All of what IthacaBarrel said. And Norwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom