2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

This coaching carousel turnout has not been good news for us from a recruiting standpoint. Assuming Hafley goes to BC, Rutgers got Shady and just last year MD got Locksley. Coaching abilities aside, they can all recruit.

This coaching carousel turnout has not been good news for us from a recruiting standpoint. Assuming Hafley goes to BC, Rutgers got Shady and just last year MD got Locksley. Coaching abilities aside, they can all recruit.
The alternative to that statement is that Locksley has still not proven he can win games against teams not named Syracuse, Rutgers will never be better than average in the B10 and Hafley has never been a head coach before. While I agree all three can recruit, can they actually win games? I guess we will see. I was worried about Joe Moorhead coming back to the NE and running a similar offense.

Last edited:
The alternative to that statement is that Locksley has still not proven he can win games against teams not named Syracuse, Rutgers will never be better than average in the B10 and Hafley has never been a head coach before. While I agree all three can recruit, can they actually win games? I guess we will see. I was worried about Joe Moorhead coming back to the NE and running a similar offense.
Good points. I think if Rutgers is even average in B10, I will be shocked. If I knew nothing about them other than they have to play PSU, OSU, MSU, Mich each year plus one of Wisconsin, Iowa or Nebraska in most years... I would assume they were starting 0-5 every year.

Good points. I think if Rutgers is even average in B10, I will be shocked. If I knew nothing about them other than they have to play PSU, OSU, MSU, Mich each year plus one of Wisconsin, Iowa or Nebraska in most years... I would assume they were starting 0-5 every year.
And next year add Tommy to Trishton for an 0-6 start.

While BCU and Rutgirls may have good recruiting head coaches, they are defensive oriented.
As long as Syracuse has a Dome, my preference is for an offensive (edit: was "office") oriented coach.
An exciting offense should give Syracuse an advantage in recruiting QBs and WRs.

Last edited:
And next year add Tommy to Trishton for an 0-6 start.

While BCU and Rutgirls may have good recruiting head coaches, they are defensive oriented.
As long as Syracuse has a Dome, my preference is for an office oriented coach.
An exciting offense should give Syracuse an advantage in recruiting QBs and WRs.

I'd prefer that our HC get out of the office more, but that's just me.

If you don’t think Dino leaves the office to recruit you would be wrong

I believe It was just a joke about a typo from Alsacs

I believe It was just a joke about a typo from Alsacs
What did I say? I really don’t care about typos i get a lot wrong anyway and I am on my phone.

What did I say? I really don’t care about typos i get a lot wrong anyway and I am on my phone.

Falsely accused! It was Moontan. My mistake.

Falsely accused! It was Moontan. My mistake.
Good catch! I didn't even realize that the predictive spelling "feature" did that to that post. ;)

Anyone have an idea why it's taking us forever to hire a DC or make any other changes? The job has been open for close to 2 months and there's been probably 30 new coordinators hired by other schools since that time.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea why it's taking us forever to hire a DC or make any other changes? The job has been open for close to 2 months and there's been probably 30 new coordinators hired by other schools since that time.

I think it's been suggested here by people 'in the know' that this person has been hired already. It's just a matter of announcing it when this coach's season is over (on December 31st in Memphis).

Many of those other schools it's been a complete house cleaning of staff. SU fired of one coordinator, that could mean reshuffling of staff or other new hires by the new DC. May be waiting until they have all the pieces in place.

I am impressed by the total lack of rumors in the press about this. HCDB runs a tight ship.
Maybe the press forgot about us...

It likely means that this is a non-flashy, or non-traditional, hire. I do suspect that there will be some associated shuffling (1-3 added staff). I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those that is forced out from an on-the-field coaching position will be retained as an analist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom