2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

Former SU football player Joe Dailey is heading back East. Congrats to him.

Looks like BC is trying to find someone, anyone, from NJ to help them recruit that state.
This is why I'm fine with us not focusing on NJ too much. Too many mouths to feed, too many coaches in kids' ears, too many shady connections required to land kids.

This is why I'm fine with us not focusing on NJ too much. Too many mouths to feed, too many coaches in kids' ears, too many shady connections required to land kids.

nice choice of words with "Shady" ;)

Too many IROCS driving around with Bon Jovi blasting, stalking kids

IROC.jpg

He’s from Jersey and can’t run his own offense at Ok St. He gets big 10 salary and full autonomy at Rutgers.

Does Schiano give anyone full autonomy? Greg is pretty controlling. Maybe he thinks he’s changed, but people don’t change like that.

exactly. you go through all that, sell your soul, and you end up with decent 3 star kids that you could get in 10 other states, meanwhile Ohio State and Penn State clean up

Former SU football player Joe Dailey is heading back East. Congrats to him.

Looks like BC is trying to find someone, anyone, from NJ to help them recruit that state.

I hate to do this because you are one of the best posters on this board but...we wanted Joe Dailey but he played at Nebraska.

Last edited:
I hate to do this because you are one of the best posters on this board but...we wanted Joe Dailey but he played at Nebraska.
My bad. Was thinking of Joe Fields. My apologies.

Guess we’ll have a coach by this weekend? I hear we’ve been waiting in the coaches convention.

any chance Dino is waiting to make a hire cause he is headed to Waco?

Guess we’ll have a coach by this weekend? I hear we’ve been waiting in the coaches convention.

That’s what’s I’ve heard. He’s as good as gone. Was spotted buying a house there just today. He’s gone. Ward is coming back as HC, a position he’s more suited to and he already knows the players.

That’s what’s I’ve heard. He’s as good as gone. Was spotted buying a house there just today. He’s gone. Ward is coming back as HC, a position he’s more suited to and he already knows the players.
Shafer coming in as DC too from what I heard on the pay side

The convention runs Sunday to Tuesday so I would think Wednesday would be the earliest.

I’m just messing with you guys. I’ve been in business 20 years. Feels like something is up. We’ll see.

Huh. Come to think of it, Mrs Shrmdougluvr was watching Fixer Upper last weekend and there was a man named Darrin Barbers looking for homes in the $5 to $6 million range with large theatre rooms and multiple in-law suites. I though, that guy looks just like HCDB, but what would he be doing house shopping in Waco?

Probably fake

Also, he is going to pay $2.5m less for assistants than Rutgers?

According to at least a few different sources, this information was released by Mississippi State before the announcement on Friday.

Probably fake

What’s funny is Rutgers isn’t spending all that cash to get the Brett Venables of the world, they are overpaying half-decent Jersey-centric coaches who otherwise wouldn’t go to a dumpster fire like Rutgers

According to at least a few different sources, this information was released by Mississippi State before the announcement on Friday.
I was going off the comments on Twitter that points out it says Southern Conference in one of the incentive vs SouthEastern Conference

Mike Leach is going to be an absolute disaster at StarkVegas IMO. They'll never give him enough time to turn that program around and with all his weird quotes and stuff I feel like the locals will quickly get restless.

Can't wait to watch though. The lower tier of the SEC is going to be very fun.

Good point. Deep South money / establishment doesn’t do quirky.

Probably fake

look at the wording, this specifically says 10 asst coaches, everywhere regarding RUTGERS/ Gary Schiano was for asst coaches AND support staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom