2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

never thought I would say Petrino was a less sleazy choice than anyone, but certainly was in this case. still hope they go 0-12 and get shutout every game however, he still sucks greatly

Bakersfield College (CC – CA): R. Todd Littlejohn has been announced as interim head coach at Bakersfield. Littlejohn most recently served as safeties / special teams coordinator at Prairie View A&M.

Bakersfield College (CC – CA): R. Todd Littlejohn has been announced as interim head coach at Bakersfield. Littlejohn most recently served as safeties / special teams coordinator at Prairie View A&M.

Robin Hood and Little John walkin' through the forest...

36CD8FFE-11F8-48FC-826D-09E429616EF4.png

We’re going to see how good of a coach Orgeron is after losing a ton of players and likely both coordinators...

I was already worried for them just losing their QB. He *clearly* was the difference and made it all possible.

He was close to getting fired just 2 yrs ago.. made a ton of changes and got the QB he needed and now all those pieces are gone. He could be back on the hot seat in a yr.

He was close to getting fired just 2 yrs ago.. made a ton of changes and got the QB he needed and now all those pieces are gone. He could be back on the hot seat in a yr.
you make it sound like his tenure as been a net negative.

LSU fans have been way more negative then positive.. When we played them a few yrs ago they were not happy at all with him the fans I talked with in Baton rouge or New Orleans.

It's funny, I was kind of thinking the same. Had he gone 8-4 this year, I think he would have been gone. He's certainly safe for the foreseeable future, but, given how insane the SEC is, a few marginal years in a row and he will likely be done. Can he coach is the question. Many schools didn't think so, and he certainly benefitted from a top flight O & D staff this year, alongside potentially an all-world QB.

We’re going to see how good of a coach Orgeron is after losing a ton of players and likely both coordinators...

Which is really unfair to him. Look at the end of the day great players can make coaches look great. As uppereck said, this is a guy who was on the hotseat. We'll see how much leash he has now. Probably not much because those fans are insane. (literally insane. Etienne's family was getting death threats.)

always thought he was a position coach/motivator/recruitor more than a head coach guy. but when you recruit in the SEC/USC type places its already magnitudes easier to recruit..

Not like he brought in oodles of talent to SU but he brought a ton of passion and energy and helped SU while here but we were also peaking at that time.

I think I said this in the game thread, sort of tongue in cheek but not completely. Watch in 2 years they’ll have run him out of town.

always thought he was a position coach/motivator/recruitor more than a head coach guy. but when you recruit in the SEC/USC type places its already magnitudes easier to recruit..

Not like he brought in oodles of talent to SU but he brought a ton of passion and energy and helped SU while here but we were also peaking at that time.

But isn’t that perfect for a HC? Bowden did it for years. Ed O just needs to recruit and motivate. Then hire great OCs and DCs. That is easier to do than replacing a HC entirely. A good HC will move on eventually, they almost always do. Ed O is an LSU lifer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom