2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

Welcome to Clay Helton’s Circus
I think he's a goner if he doesn't make the Pac-12 Championship Game in 2020. They don't like not winning championships in that part of LA, plus being 1-4 vs. ND adds fuel to the fire.

I don't like the Big Ten idea of players transferring w/o sitting out, but need to do something to protect the players from being messed over by coaches constantly coming and going. Maybe the new school has to give over (some might say transfer) to the school whose HC broke a contract by leaving early 1 scholarship per year they left before their contract was up. Needs to be some way for the kids to have some chance of stability at the college level.

Tennessee: Colorado defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh is leaving to join the Vols in the same capacity, Bruce Feldman tweets.

So for all intents and purposes, is Dino fully staffed at this point? New OC, new DC, former OC reassigned, new DB coach, former QB coach reassigned. Is that it?

USC: Oregon cornerbacks coach Donte Williams is expected to become the cornerbacks coach and pass game coordinator at USC, according to multiple reports.

USC: Oregon cornerbacks coach Donte Williams is expected to become the cornerbacks coach and pass game coordinator at USC, according to multiple reports.
Offensive and defensive coach? Interesting.

That might be a worse job than Rutgers and I can’t believe I wrote that. Nobody wanted that job. They just needed a body at this point.

The whole situation stinks for the players and especially the commits who just signed an NLI to play for him at Colorado.
Even if the new signees were released, they’d have nowhere to go as most schools have filled their allotment. In these situations it might be worth allowing them to enter next year’s portal without having to sit out a year. That way they could assess the incoming coaching staff (play no more than 4 games) and not lose any eligibility.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom