2019 NHL playoffs | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

So the St. Louis didn’t have an AHL affiliate last year and Binnington was assigned to the Bruins AHL team in Providence.
The Bruins have multiple players who were teammates and practiced with him in Providence.
So it will be interesting to see if they have a real scouting report on the guy.
So they will know something that no one in the NHL has figured out since January. Maybe they will be able to explain how a five year AHL veteran becomes the most important player on the hottest team. The guy is on another planet. He has always been a good goalie but now he is a great goalie.

Well I am not celebrating a Blues win yet, it's amazing how much difference Binnington has made since January. Six years in the minors and all of a sudden he has turned into Ken Dryden. You don't see that too often at that level.

Usually the best thing going for a goaltender is how well the team plays D in front of him, which limits the number of quality shots. St. Louis outskated San Jose, specially after the hand pass incident. But I don't expect them to have that edge against Boston, whose bottom six are relentless. Also Boston is coming in healthy, so there's that also. St Louis could win if they avoid getting behind early, for Boston's counter-attack off turnovers is phenomenal and they love playing kitty by the door with a lead. They're physically stronger than SJ. I expect them to hammer Pietrangelo, who's been their key on D. Parayko will have to make a step upward. But you never know. It'll be interesting to see how this ridiculously long layoff affects each team.

St. Louis is a slower than Toronto but more physical than Toronto and less physical than Columbus but faster than Columbus they won 3 rounds so anyone could win.

Toronto is the best team Boston will have played.

St. Louis is a slower than Toronto but more physical than Toronto and less physical than Columbus but faster than Columbus they won 3 rounds so anyone could win.

They could have been, but they chose not to be.

Toronto's team was built for regular season success, which hurt them in the playoffs (think: Tampa) when the NHL goes all "Rule book? What rule book?" They failed to adjust. They need more sand in the gizzard. TO wanted to play the "nice" game, tic-tac-toe, skate-pass-shoot, and Boston - which is a very strong skating team themselves - got physical and didn't allow it. I don't expect Boston to push St Louis around along the boards or in the corners, and if the play stays there they've got a good chance, for I do expect Boston will out skate them on the open ice. But you never know.

So the St. Louis didn’t have an AHL affiliate last year and Binnington was assigned to the Bruins AHL team in Providence.
The Bruins have multiple players who were teammates and practiced with him in Providence.
So it will be interesting to see if they have a real scouting report on the guy.
It’s only Clifton and Grzelcyk. Whatever scouting report they may have didn’t help the last time these two teams faced each other.

I don’t think Binnington has an apparent weakness like Martin Jones’ high glove side. To Cowtown’s point, the Blues defense does make Binnington better. He won’t be fazed mentally. Puck control is my biggest concern. Well, that and turnovers like we saw early against San Jose.

Regardless of what happens, you can’t tell me there’s a franchise in any of the major sports that deserves a title more than the Blues. That’s taking both past and present history into account.

Regardless of what happens, you can’t tell me there’s a franchise in any of the major sports that deserves a title more than the Blues. That’s taking both past and present history into account.
Detroit Lions

It’s only Clifton and Grzelcyk. Whatever scouting report they may have didn’t help the last time these two teams faced each other.

I don’t think Binnington has an apparent weakness like Martin Jones’ high glove side. To Cowtown’s point, the Blues defense does make Binnington better. He won’t be fazed mentally. Puck control is my biggest concern. Well, that and turnovers like we saw early against San Jose.
The Bruins minor coaching staff will have a detailed scouting report as well.

They videotape practices all the time. So they will have an idea of what they are facing.

Seriously. My favorite teams in each sport are the NY Giants, the Cubs, the Utah Jazz and the Blues. You could not believe how happy I was when the Giants won their first Super Bowl. Then the Cubs. Like most Cubs fans, never expected it. Jazz were close once. Blues never, even though they have been President's Cup winners. This might be their only chance ever

Usually the best thing going for a goaltender is how well the team plays D in front of him, which limits the number of quality shots. St. Louis outskated San Jose, specially after the hand pass incident. But I don't expect them to have that edge against Boston, whose bottom six are relentless. Also Boston is coming in healthy, so there's that also. St Louis could win if they avoid getting behind early, for Boston's counter-attack off turnovers is phenomenal and they love playing kitty by the door with a lead. They're physically stronger than SJ. I expect them to hammer Pietrangelo, who's been their key on D. Parayko will have to make a step upward. But you never know. It'll be interesting to see how this ridiculously long layoff affects each team.
Prior to January, Binnington had one game in six seasons in the NHL and it's not like the Blues had Vezina Trophy winners ahead of him. You put other goalies with his backround, or even regular NHL goalies and are they going to lead them to the best record in the 2nd half, and the finals. I think if the Blues act like they belong they will be fine.

Seriously. My favorite teams in each sport are the NY Giants, the Cubs, the Utah Jazz and the Blues. You could not believe how happy I was when the Giants won their first Super Bowl. Then the Cubs. Like most Cubs fans, never expected it. Jazz were close once. Blues never, even though they have been President's Cup winners. This might be their only chance ever
I used to work with a Cubs/Blues fan. You guys should start a support group.

Buffalo Bills.
Not bad, although they did win back-to-back AFL titles. Plus they appeared in four straight Super Bowls. Most people don’t even count the previous Cup appearances for the Blues.

The city of Buffalo is due, no question.

The Bruins minor coaching staff will have a detailed scouting report as well.

They videotape practices all the time. So they will have an idea of what they are facing.
We’ll see. I realize they have more time now, but it’s not like they didn’t have the same resources available to them back in February.

St. Louis is light years better than Toronto (one of the worst defensive squads in the entire NHL)

We’ll see. I realize they have more time now, but it’s not like they didn’t have the same resources available to them back in February.
There is nothing on Binnington that hasn’t been there since his first start in the NHL. If they find something it won’t be because of a minor league coaching staff.

To me it’s as simple as staying out of the box . Boston’s powerplay has been on fire the entire playoffs. Pretty sure they got outplayed 5 on 5 round 1 , but second a lead went in the box , leafs were digging the puck out of their net ..

There is nothing on Binnington that hasn’t been there since his first start in the NHL. If they find something it won’t be because of a minor league coaching staff.
So, "Your wife is a lesbian", probably won't work?

Ugh St Louis you guys are going to need more shots the next game...

Ugh St Louis you guys are going to need more shots the next game...
Bruins were rusty in the first period.
The Blues play hard but they aren’t as talented as the Bruins.

Bruins were rusty in the first period.
The Blues play hard but they aren’t as talented as the Bruins.
Could have been a different game if it wasn't for some stupid penalties.

Could have been a different game if it wasn't for some stupid penalties.
I don’t think the refs were the story last night. They called it tight both ways. They call everything nowadays.
The Blues aren’t the Hurricanes but they aren’t as good as the Maple Leafs.
The Blues outplayed the Bruins in the first period but the last 2 periods it was domination by the Bruins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom