2019 NHL playoffs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

Thanks for the tough series Leafs.
It’s amazing how these teams always play 7 game series.

Boston will have home ice advantage as long as they survive the rest of these playoffs.

I wanted both the Bruins and Leafs to lose. (Habs fan). But if i had to pick, I would prefer Leafs nation to have another painful loss.

was rooting for the Bruins, in a "lesser of two evils" sense.

I'll be pulling for CBJ next series. Bergeron and Chara looked shot to me.

I wanted both the Bruins and Leafs to lose. (Habs fan). But if i had to pick, I would prefer Leafs nation to have another painful loss.

This always cracks me up - NSFW

Fire Babcock. Playing the fourth line down 2 goals in the third, and more minutes in the third than Mathews line. Mathews and Tavares on the bench. Mathews played a total of 17 minutes, 5 in the third...Your best player! Give me Trotz

Fire Babcock. Playing the fourth line down 2 goals in the third, and more minutes in the third than Mathews line. Mathews and Tavares on the bench. Mathews played a total of 17 minutes, 5 in the third...Your best player! Give me Trotz

IMO, Marner is their best player. Mathews has a great shot, but doesn't seem to want to get his hands dirty.

Eh fellow habs fan saying exactly how I feel. Living in Toronto when they got Tavares they were acting like the favourites for the cup it was nauseating.

Legit... they have some flaws particularly on defence but the way the guy manages minutes is beyond weird.

Of course people will defend him saying he’s got two golds and a ring. But give anyone those Team Canada teams and they’d still be the favourite.

was rooting for the Bruins, in a "lesser of two evils" sense.

I'll be pulling for CBJ next series. Bergeron and Chara looked shot to me.
Toronto speed is elite.
Bergeron is hurt. Chara is old.
Bruins matchup a lot better against the Blue Jacksts than the Leafs.
Mariner won them game 1 but after that game he went MIA.
Losing Nasri was the difference in this series. The Leafs didn’t have a 3rd line with Marleau’s corpse having to be the 3rd line C killed them.

Legit... they have some flaws particularly on defence but the way the guy manages minutes is beyond weird.

Of course people will defend him saying he’s got two golds and a ring. But give anyone those Team Canada teams and they’d still be the favourite.
There was a stat NBCS put up. The last 5 series that Babcock was up in wins, he lost in 7 games. All I need to know

Babcock lost game 4 for sure.
This game 7 though was lost because Anderson gave up 2 soft goals in the first period.
That second goal was just bad angle play by him.
Tavares was the Leafs best player the last 2 games.
Matthews scored goals this series but his lack of a 2 way play was noticeable. Matthews needs to try and play a little support D.

Babcock lost game 4 for sure.
This game 7 though was lost because Anderson gave up 2 soft goals in the first period.
That second goal was just bad angle play by him.
Tavares was the Leafs best player the last 2 games.
Matthews scored goals this series but his lack of a 2 way play was noticeable. Matthews needs to try and play a little support D.
First goal had eyes
Both goals were result of turnovers by the D. If Gardner never wears a Leaf Jersey ever again, I’m good with it. He was -5 in last years final game against Boston
Mathews and Tavares need to be double shifted in third. What do we get? Fourth line chewing up minutes

A little old school here when I actually used to follow hockey much more

Boston over Toronto, is like Toronto over Ottawa (for those that remember about 15-20 years ago). I actually was an Ottawa fan back then living in Toronto so it was tough.

Seems like Freddy Anderson had a Patrick Lalime type Game 7 performance.

...and VGK ties it up with :47 left.

OT in Game 7...nothing quite like it.

Couture/Tuch in the Bucci Challenge

First goal had eyes
Both goals were result of turnovers by the D. If Gardner never wears a Leaf Jersey ever again, I’m good with it. He was -5 in last years final game against Boston
Mathews and Tavares need to be double shifted in third. What do we get? Fourth line chewing up minutes

Dermotts terrible turnover up the middle under NO duress led to the soft 1st goal .. Gardner is and always will be TERRIBLE behind the net .. he either has the puck with plenty of time and just accepts contact and turns it over .. or if he is under pressure from the outset he blindly banks it and prays. In my opinion , he’s always been miscast as a Dman and should have been a forward .. he’s good rushing the puck and making plays in the OFFENSIVE end ..

I thought the leafs actually deserved a better fate this game as they pretty much dominated the second and should have had more than 1 goal

Babcock is a rigid coach with no plan B and I hope he’s gone

His strange Ice time allotment is quite annoying as well .. seems to employ the same breakdown be it game 5 of the regular season or game 7 of the playoffs

Remember last year with his bizarre limited use of Matthews on the PP?

I don’t get it.. you actually think boston has less annoying fans Toronto ?

Anyone watching the SJ/Las Vegas game?

Unreal - can't say that I've seen a comeback like this in a Game 7 before.
Bruins-Leafs 2013 game 7.
Bruins were down 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd. Reimer choked and the Bruins won 5-4 in OT.

Now the Bruins didn’t get a stupid major penalty to help the comeback. That major penalty called on the Knights was garbage and basically gave the Sharks a chance.

Bruins-Leafs 2013 game 7.
Bruins were down 4-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd. Reimer choked and the Bruins won 5-4 in OT.

Now the Bruins didn’t get a stupid major penalty to help the comeback. That major penalty called on the Knights was garbage and basically gave the Sharks a chance.

Difference here is that SJ actually took the lead in regulation, by scoring 4 goals within 5:00, when it looked like they were left for dead.

Leafs fans are insufferable enough as it is, with their delusions of grandeur. Winning a cup would make that exponentially worse.

Bruins fans aren’t like Patriots fans.
Bruins fans have always been good hockey fans.
Patriots fans have become entitled and country club and basically have become Super Bowl win or the season is a failure and fhe season doesn’t start till the second week of the playoffs.
Bruins fans are intense and the Bruins team only has 1 real dink in Marchand. Bergeron is universally respected by hockey fans.

Leafs fans are like pre-2004 Red Sox fans. I am sure people from Canada who aren’t Leafs fans can be annoyed by that. The Montreal fans aren’t going to root for Toronto as they hate both Boston and Toronto their two biggest rivals and because Boston has won recently they don’t really care about them as they have beaten Boston a ton of times in their history. They don’t want Toronto to break thru.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom