2019 NHL playoffs | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

1 game suspension for McAvoy.

Is that an admission on the part of the NHL that their refs screwed up the on-ice call?
How many times does it take for you to realize an illegal check to the head doesn’t have a major penalty as an option.

Joe Thornton got suspended 1 game in first round for the same exact penalty. He didn’t get a major he got a minor for an illegal check to the head and got suspended game 4 against Vegas.
The refs didn’t screw anything up.

How many times does it take for you to realize an illegal check to the head doesn’t have a major penalty as an option.

Joe Thornton got suspended 1 game in first round for the same exact penalty. He didn’t get a major he got a minor for an illegal check to the head and got suspended game 4 against Vegas.

Intent to injure = major penalty.

You didn't think a major penalty was deserved, and I did. We disagree on that - not a big deal.

Also, the Leafs are currently 3.8 Million under the salary cap. Plus, the 5.3 million they have been paying Nathan Horton for the last 6 yrs not to play , comes off the books
Fair enough... Johnnsen and Kapanen to sign as well

Wow, a Game 7 just ended in double OT and you guys are talking about salary caps and suspensions. The East Coast bias is strong.

1 game suspension for McAvoy.

Is that an admission on the part of the NHL that their refs screwed up the on-ice call?

I think Bettman wants the Bruins to win, and this - well in advance of even the first game of the next series - will go a long way to cover that up.

You're missing the point, which is the difference between how that play is called in the playoffs vs. the regular season. That's why there is conjecture about the rule and how it's applied. I don't think you watch a lot of hockey. I watch at least three games a week and also play three times a week with a bunch of others like me, most of whom watch more than I do, and are all in agreement.

Also, the Leafs are currently 3.8 Million under the salary cap. Plus, the 5.3 million they have been paying Nathan Horton for the last 6 yrs not to play , comes off the books
The Horton money didn’t count against the cap though

You're missing the point, which is the difference between how that play is called in the playoffs vs. the regular season. That's why there is conjecture about the rule and how it's applied. I don't think you watch a lot of hockey. I watch at least three games a week and also play three times a week with a bunch of others like me, most of whom watch more than I do, and are all in agreement.
That was the most obvious five and a game hit in the “new “ NHL

That was the most obvious five and a game hit in the “new “ NHL

On the replay you can see the ref made the "You're gone!" sign right after he blew the whistle. The he must have remembered the "Let 'em go" edict from the top.

Carolina Hurricanes fans might be the most delusional “fanbase” in the NHL.

Boston has no excuse if they don't win this. The ony team of the remaining three that has a legitimate chance to beat them is San Jose.

So turns out leafs vs bruins should have been the conference final instead of round 1 .. stupid NHL playoff format .. been a snooze fest since that series

So turns out leafs vs bruins should have been the conference final instead of round 1 .. stupid NHL playoff format .. been a snooze fest since that series
If the NHL wasn’t stupid the first round would have been
Lightning-Blue Jackets
Capitals-Hurricanes
Bruins-Penguins
Islanders-Leafs

We know Blue Jackets, Hurricanes win.
Bruins likely beat Penguins
Leafs/Islanders probably Toronto.

Boston beat Columbus
So Leafs/Islanders vs. Carolina

NHL likely gets Toronto in the ECF vs. Boston.
Boston is getting a worse opponent each round.
San Jose is really the only team left I could see 50/50 vs. Boston.
The Sharks are legit but the Hurricanes are a bunch of mediocre players who are scrappy but not scary at all.
Their goalies make Anderson from the Leafs look like Martin Brodeur.

The WC has been great.

I'm just glad the Celtics imploded so we don't have to live through the Boston grand slam.

Boston has no excuse if they don't win this. The ony team of the remaining three that has a legitimate chance to beat them is San Jose.
If the NHL wasn’t stupid the first round would have been
Lightning-Blue Jackets
Capitals-Hurricanes
Bruins-Penguins
Islanders-Leafs

We know Blue Jackets, Hurricanes win.
Bruins likely beat Penguins
Leafs/Islanders probably Toronto.

Boston beat Columbus
So Leafs/Islanders vs. Carolina

NHL likely gets Toronto in the ECF vs. Boston.
Boston is getting a worse opponent each round.
San Jose is really the only team left I could see 50/50 vs. Boston.
The Sharks are legit but the Hurricanes are a bunch of mediocre players who are scrappy but not scary at all.
Their goalies make Anderson from the Leafs look like Martin Brodeur.
Keep underestimating the Blues.

Keep underestimating the Blues.
The Blues have done well and I hope they beat the Sharks but their roster doesn’t scare anybody.

The Blues have done well and I hope they beat the Sharks but their roster doesn’t scare anybody.
East Coast bias. Blues have the best record in the league since the All-Star Break.

East Coast bias. Blues have the best record in the league since the All-Star Break.
The Bruins had an 18 game unbeaten streak in the second half. Then they went the last month getting healthy because they weren’t catching Tampa who was miles better than everyone.
The Bruins had injuries the whole year as their only stud who didn’t miss 15+ games was Marchand.
Pastanik and Bergeron both missed 4-6 weeks this year.
The Lightning were the best team this year.
The Bruins had the second most points in the league.

The Bruins are the best team left.
I hope the Blues beat the Sharks.
The Sharks top defense pair is the best in the NHL Burns and Karlsson.
Plus Couture.

The Blues have Tarasenko who is a stud and bunch of unknowns.
The Bruins have more talent than the Blues. It’s not East Coast bias to say that.

The Blues goalie is a rookie who isn’t scary.

I hope it’s Boston-St. Louis just because San Jose has more talent.

The Bruins had an 18 game unbeaten streak in the second half. Then they went the last month getting healthy because they weren’t catching Tampa who was miles better than everyone.
The Bruins had injuries the whole year as their only stud who didn’t miss 15+ games was Marchand.
Pastanik and Bergeron both missed 4-6 weeks this year.
The Lightning were the best team this year.
The Bruins had the second most points in the league.

The Bruins are the best team left.
I hope the Blues beat the Sharks.
The Sharks top defense pair is the best in the NHL Burns and Karlsson.
Plus Couture.

The Blues have Tarasenko who is a stud and bunch of unknowns.
The Bruins have more talent than the Blues. It’s not East Coast bias to say that.

The Blues goalie is a rookie who isn’t scary.

I hope it’s Boston-St. Louis just because San Jose has more talent.
You’re only proving my point.

I think you meant point-streak for the Bruins. The Blues actually won 11 in a row. They were dealing with injuries as well after that.

Burns and Karlsson are offensive-minded players and don’t really share ice time. Vlasic is their best defender. The Blues are better defensively top to bottom. O’Reilly is one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

You probably think Backes is amazing and never heard of him when he was in St. Louis. That’s East Coast bias. So is saying the Sharks are the only team left who can beat the Bruins when the Sharks only finished with two more points than the Blues during the regular season. The same Blues who had the worst record in the league in early January. They’re a different team now.

Where did I say the Blues have more talent than the Bruins? I said don’t underestimate them. And don’t move the goalposts.

Binnington is up for Rookie of the Year and just outplayed Bishop.

It’s OK if you don’t pay attention to the WC.

You’re only proving my point.

I think you meant point-streak for the Bruins. The Blues actually won 11 in a row. They were dealing with injuries as well after that.

Burns and Karlsson are offensive-minded players and don’t really share ice time. Vlasic is their best defender. The Blues are better defensively top to bottom. O’Reilly is one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

You probably think Backes is amazing and never heard of him when he was in St. Louis. That’s East Coast bias. So is saying the Sharks are the only team left who can beat the Bruins when the Sharks only finished with two more points than the Blues during the regular season. The same Blues who had the worst record in the league in early January. They’re a different team now.

Where did I say the Blues have more talent than the Bruins? I said don’t underestimate them. And don’t move the goalposts.

Binnington is up for Rookie of the Year and just outplayed Bishop.

It’s OK if you don’t pay attention to the WC.
Backes sucks.
He only plays when they Bruins want a 4th line with a C who will be physical and hit the other team.
He was way overpaid by Cam Neely.

Binnington would be the 3rd best goalie the Bruins would have faced behind Anderson and Bobrovsky.

I hope the Blues and Bruins meet in the Finals.

Backes sucks.
He only plays when they Bruins want a 4th line with a C who will be physical and hit the other team.
He was way overpaid by Cam Neely.

Binnington would be the 3rd best goalie the Bruins would have faced behind Anderson and Bobrovsky.

I hope the Blues and Bruins meet in the Finals.
Enjoy:

Enjoy:
Hockey any team can win any series.
It’s not like I don’t think the Bruins could lose.
They played the game you cited with Pastarnik out injured. Pasta is one of their best players.
Blues could beat the Bruins.
I just think the Bruins are the best team left and the Sharks have the second most talent of the 4 left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom