2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

I have confidence in EP...
Would be great to see him come up big today, to get in a good mindset for the playoffs.
He's capable -amazed at the consistently bad play recently at both ends of the floor.
High expectations for the W today -Celtics stuck with 7 seed so nothing to play for.
Let's go Knicks!

I owe the biggest apologize and I deserve to eat the biggest helping of crow to Thibs. Phenomenal job coach of the year. I hated the hire called him a retread coach and wanted to tank for Cade Cunningham who is no longer the consensus number 1 pick. We are a another superstar player away from contenders in the east but will be a though out in the playoffs this year.

I owe the biggest apologize and I deserve to eat the biggest helping of crow to Thibs. Phenomenal job coach of the year. I hated the hire called him a retread coach and wanted to tank for Cade Cunningham who is no longer the consensus number 1 pick. We are a another superstar player away from contenders in the east but will be a though out in the playoffs this year.
Sorry dude, you were put on Death Row for a reason.

glad you found Jesus, but it’s too late.

go root for the nets...

Hopefully, I'm not eating my words, but Atlanta is the perfect matchup for the Knicks. Knicks D will play against anyone, but they will struggle to score against the better defensive teams who can really expose their weaknesses in the back court. I'm worried most about Bucks and Heat and the Knicks wouldn't face them till round 3. Take care of biz against the Hawks and I think the Knicks have a decent shot against the Sixers.

Hopefully, I'm not eating my words, but Atlanta is the perfect matchup for the Knicks. Knicks D will play against anyone, but they will struggle to score against the better defensive teams who can really expose their weaknesses in the back court. I'm worried most about Bucks and Heat and the Knicks wouldn't face them till round 3. Take care of biz against the Hawks and I think the Knicks have a decent shot against the Sixers.

Curious - What makes you think we have a decent shot against the 76ers?

I thought we caught them at a few fortunate times during the year and were never able to capitalize. I'm not overly optimistic about catching them with a full line-up...

I worry that the stripes are going to turn this into a Trae Young FT shooting display.

Wondering what Thibs does about Payton. He's been awful for several games.
Maybe the week between games gets his head straight.
We'll need Good Elfrid -not 6" starting each half with a malfunctioning PG.

Just read that the Hawks increased State Farm Arena to 45% capacity for the playoffs.
Only going to 25% at MSG. Would provide quite a lift/message to announce a revised 50%.
In honor of the Mighty Knicks!
Your Move, Governor Cuomo. :cool:

Just read that the Hawks increased State Farm Arena to 45% capacity for the playoffs.
Only going to 25% at MSG. Would provide quite a lift/message to announce a revised 50%.
In honor of the Mighty Knicks!
Your Move, Governor Cuomo. :cool:

The nice thing is that probably 1/4 of that 45% in Atlanta will be Knicks fans. The opposite won't be true in MSG.

Sorry dude, you were put on Death Row for a reason.

glad you found Jesus, but it’s too late.

go root for the nets...
Kaiser turning on his acolyte...

The nice thing is that probably 1/4 of that 45% in Atlanta will be Knicks fans. The opposite won't be true in MSG.

Nice for away games -but more I think about it, a surprise announcement that MSG going to 50%, and the extra fan support, would be huge news for the team and maybe a boost to start the series 2-0.

I'm wondering if Thibs will try to shut everyone down but Trae and just have Trae be a volume shooter.

Don't let him get to the foul line, don't let him set up their shooters... just put Trae on the dance floor, one on one, and dare him to make enough jumpers from the outside.

I'm wondering if Thibs will try to shut everyone down but Trae and just have Trae be a volume shooter.

Don't let him get to the foul line, don't let him set up their shooters... just put Trae on the dance floor, one on one, and dare him to make enough jumpers from the outside.

I am already getting mad about some of the shooting foul calls Trae is going to get.

Thibs has floated this as a possibility; I wonder if we see Frank get some actual minutes to check Trae. Elf really shouldnt play a minute in this series, but I'm not too hopeful on that. But if you just gave the Elf minutes to Frank (maybe 15 a game?) i wonder if that wouldn't be better for the team.

I trust Thibs to have a good strategy for Trae, and no denying Frank can defend.

I think the Hawks have the much bigger problem:
Expect MSG energy level to be similar to when Willis came out late for warmups, then hit those first two shots. The 15K crazy Knicks fans will have the Knicks playing out of their minds.

I trust Thibs to have a good strategy for Trae, and no denying Frank can defend.

Expect MSG energy level to be similar to when Willis came out late for warmups, then hit those first two shots. The 15K crazy Knicks fans will have the Knicks playing out of their minds.
Incredibly relevant first part of that post.

Frank didn’t play essentially all game then subbed in to guard Trae 30 feet from the hoop on the last possession? I hate it.

Or the Knicks “stars” won’t show up... Steph Curry broke the nba. Bully ball doesn’t translate in the playoffs whereas perimeter players get a ton of calls and really make the league go. Before anyone jumps down my throat about being a fair weather fan, I posted after the Lakers game thst I was worried about how Randle’s high degree of difficulty shots would hold up in the playoffs and whether RJ would show up, Game 1 was not too promisin, but it was only one game.

Burks, Rose, Noel and Quickley all balled out. Need Randle and RJ to show up. The Payton starting thing needs to end ASAP... he brings no thing to the table, offense or defense. Get Burks starting or Quickley.

Sadly, I think I agree with Shaq... The hawks are the more talented team here. Knicks still have a good shot though with their D. Gotta keep young out of the paint.

Why are our last shot play calls so mind numbingly awful? The guy who scored 18 points in the 4th is inbounding? What? A turnaround jumper from a guy with a pretty slow release with .9 seconds left? Huh? Quickley in the game to run as far away from the inbounder as he can? ???

Randle can’t play worse... can Young play any better?
He was poor for sure. He made toughs shots all year but when they don’t go down, it clearly looks like forces. He will be back game 2 I am confident. Still made that huge 3 late. Cannot just force him with iso though.

And young played great but he’s a star player. Not some bum who went off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom