2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Yeah and in the 2019 draft. If we lost the coin flip we would have gotten JA Morant. Pretty good silver medal.

He hurt his ankle and is out 3-5 weeks. When I hurt my ankle as a HS Junior, I didn’t even miss a GAME!

Needs to show more Grizzly pride, and those Grizzly trainers better be put on notice that if he’s not back in 2 weeks, it will be their hides!

He hurt his ankle and is out 3-5 weeks. When I hurt my ankle as a HS Junior, I didn’t even miss a GAME!

Needs to show more Grizzly pride, and those Grizzly trainers better be put on notice that if he’s not back in 2 weeks, it will be their hides!
They might have to cut him to send a message.

Don't compare basketball injuries to baseball. Basketball you need to be able to move up and down the court. If you tweak your hamstring and your a position player in baseball you can DH (if you play in the AL) to keep you out of playing the field and you can still hit and take it base to base. I won't forgive Stanton for the 2019 ALCS against the Astros for that reason. But don't compare injuries in this case two completely different sports.

Don't compare basketball injuries to baseball. Basketball you need to be able to move up and down the court. If you tweak your hamstring and your a position player in baseball you can DH (if you play in the AL) to keep you out of playing the field and you can still hit and take it base to base. I won't forgive Stanton for the 2019 ALCS against the Astros for that reason. But don't compare injuries in this case two completely different sports.
Injuries affect performance in any sport. In baseball, you need to run the bases, unless you hit a home run. You need to run for a batted ball.

This isn't rocket science.

Injuries affect performance in any sport. In baseball, you need to run the bases, unless you hit a home run. You need to run for a batted ball.

This isn't rocket science.

Take it base to base. Especially in the Championship series of the Playoffs. We went over this If you tear your calf/hamstring you tear it. Regarding Morant this is the early regular season and he is an upcoming young superstar.

Take it base to base. Especially in the Championship series of the Playoffs. We went over this If you tear your calf/hamstring you tear it. Regarding Morant this is the early regular season and he is an upcoming young superstar.
Maybe I'm dense, but what does this have to do with my response to your response?

Is there any thread that CuseRunner joins that doesn't become a complete clusterF?

You can't open a topic anymore without 5 poster piling on the village dunce over some nonsensical tangent.

2 Quotes from a good 12/30 NY Post article:

In the eight-man rotation Thibodeau used in Tuesday’s victory at Cleveland, seven of the players were on last season’s moribund squad. Yes, coaching matters

Thibodeau has used the same starting lineup since opening night — all five players who were on the Knicks last season under David Fizdale and Mike Miller. Fizdale was bounced after 4-18 start and the club finished 21-45.

Includes many player quotes -and words back-up their play. All sound completely bought in and very happy with Thibs. Amazed with short preseason how far the Knicks have come -complete turnaround!

Fun team to watch and wonder how far Thibs can take these young promising players while adding a couple more good ones along the way. Great to see potential long-term promise of a young TEAM developing for the Knicks future vs a bunch of plug-n-play Free Agent$ bumbling around.

No reasonable Knicks fan could take issue with Thibs so far. Phenomenal!

the lottery tournament was the best idea i ever heard.

take the final 4 and the winner gets #1, loser #2 with a consolation game for #s 3 & 4.

the other 4 just go by record.
Wasn't aware of that idea -interesting but complicated way to eliminate tanking! Assume debated here when first proposed.
Read several variations, including 5 consecutive days of games before playoffs with rising pot of $ to be split by players per game as incentive.
Worst-case scenario: Counter-productive bad injury to your $30M+ star player in the tournament that causes them to miss the following season.
Also wonder how the NBA would determine the appropriate $ pie for players that provides them same or more incentive as teams to play for draft picks? Is it in all players' best interest to provide playoff-level effort? A marginal starting player may think their PT is key to improving/showing value and see the projected pick at their position as a negative to their career(?) Or dial down effort to avoid injury/protect their career?
Where to play the games? All markets eligible?
Definitely interesting stuff. Is there a "favorite" with details?

2 Quotes from a good 12/30 NY Post article:

In the eight-man rotation Thibodeau used in Tuesday’s victory at Cleveland, seven of the players were on last season’s moribund squad. Yes, coaching matters

Thibodeau has used the same starting lineup since opening night — all five players who were on the Knicks last season under David Fizdale and Mike Miller. Fizdale was bounced after 4-18 start and the club finished 21-45.

Includes many player quotes -and words back-up their play. All sound completely bought in and very happy with Thibs. Amazed with short preseason how far the Knicks have come -complete turnaround!

Fun team to watch and wonder how far Thibs can take these young promising players while adding a couple more good ones along the way. Great to see potential long-term promise of a young TEAM developing for the Knicks future vs a bunch of plug-n-play Free Agent$ bumbling around.

No reasonable Knicks fan could take issue with Thibs so far. Phenomenal!
It was a great hire. We got the right guy to dig the franchise out of this 2 decade long hole... one game at a time.

At least I’m willing to watch.

Nice bounce-back game tonight! (glad wasn't able to watch the 3-36 FL Debacle)
Great plays (particularly Randle and Robinson) in Crunch Time to pull out the W.
Fun seeing bench/team reaction to Robinson's block and ensuing fast-break basket.
Love the Knick D -Randle made it much tougher for Sabonis this time, and 2 assists shy of another T-DBL.
Austin Rivers making a splash after the delay to start his season.
Man it's fun watching the Knicks! Only thing missing so far is a full Garden that would be roaring for the effort and style of play of the New Knicks.

I love to see Randle’s assist totals up so high. Back when he was a Laker you’d see flashes of the court vision and passing ability that made you think he could possibly be a Anthony Mason point forward type. He just didn’t look do it consistently.

Thibs is such a horrible coach cr. All he's done so far is beat the Bucks and Pacers.

1. Superstar Players Hate Him outside Jimmy Butler
2. He was fired from last Job in Minnesota
3. This team needs to tank this year and next year for Cade Cunningham and Emoni Bates back to back drafts.
4. Hates the young core players we might have Robinson Barrett Toppin Quickley Knox.

This is my point not the right coach.

1. Superstar Players Hate Him outside Jimmy Butler
2. He was fired from last Job in Minnesota
3. This team needs to tank this year and next year for Cade Cunningham and Emoni Bates back to back drafts.
4. Hates the young core players we might have Robinson Barrett Toppin Quickley Knox.

This is my point not the right coach.
1. Well you don’t got any, so it’s all good.
2. Basically every NBA coach gets fired from every job eventually, so what?
3. Not that easy.
4. How do you figure? RJ never comes out. Robinson starts. Toppin is hurt and Quickley just came back.

3. Not that easy.
4. How do you figure? RJ never comes out. Robinson starts. Toppin is hurt and Quickley just came back.

4. Robinson, Randle, Toppin (when healthy), Barrett, Quickley need to be the starting lineup
with Knox, Frank, Smith JR, Peyton, Burks, Rivers off the bench.

4. Robinson, Randle, Toppin (when healthy), Barrett, Quickley need to be the starting lineup
with Knox, Frank, Smith JR, Peyton, Burks, Rivers off the bench.

Get off the injured list and earn it then. This must be the training staff’s fault.

I would pay some good $$ for CR to call into the Thibs coach's show (doesn't exist), and ask him why he isn't tanking so the Knicks can get 2 generational talents (!) in the next 2 drafts.

I would pay some good $$ for CR to call into the Thibs coach's show (doesn't exist), and ask him why he isn't tanking so the Knicks can get 2 generational talents (!) in the next 2 drafts.

To be fair, they’d have less than a 2% chance to get those generational talents even if they lost every single game.

But I like those odds. It’s only like flipping a coin and getting six straight heads. It’s so simple.

Nice bounce-back game tonight! (glad wasn't able to watch the 3-36 FL Debacle)
Great plays (particularly Randle and Robinson) in Crunch Time to pull out the W.
Fun seeing bench/team reaction to Robinson's block and ensuing fast-break basket.
Love the Knick D -Randle made it much tougher for Sabonis this time, and 2 assists shy of another T-DBL.
Austin Rivers making a splash after the delay to start his season.
Man it's fun watching the Knicks! Only thing missing so far is a full Garden that would be roaring for the effort and style of play of the New Knicks.

There was a moment in the game where Randle got a stop on Sabonis (may have drawn an offensive foul on him) and he let out an emotional roar that told me that someone (Thibs?) challenged him to shut Sabonis down on D.

3. Not that easy.
I'm going to go against the grain a little and point out a valid point CR has made many of you look right past. Anyone thinking the Knicks can add a superstar or 2 to the current Knicks mix under Thibs are likely to be disappointed. The current players are buying in because they have little choice. If they dont they are gone and likely not in the NBA any longer. Thibs style is not conducive to bringing in better experienced players because they won't want to adapt to Thib's style. There is the rub. They are getting better because of Thibs but he comes with a ceiling. There aren't many "superstars" willing to do what Thibs demands. The focus in my opinion should be on extending players like Randle that have bought in and have the necessary skills to excel. Right now Randle is the only Knick I have any confidence in that he will contribute every single game.

The Knicks biggest problem right now is RJ. What is he? What is he good at? He's still only 20 but I'm not very optimistic that he will ever be anything.

I'm going to go against the grain a little and point out a valid point CR has made many of you look right past. Anyone thinking the Knicks can add a superstar or 2 to the current Knicks mix under Thibs are likely to be disappointed. The current players are buying in because they have little choice. If they dont they are gone and likely not in the NBA any longer. Thibs style is not conducive to bringing in better experienced players because they won't want to adapt to Thib's style. There is the rub. They are getting better because of Thibs but he comes with a ceiling. There aren't many "superstars" willing to do what Thibs demands. The focus in my opinion should be on extending players like Randle that have bought in and have the necessary skills to excel. Right now Randle is the only Knick I have any confidence in that he will contribute every single game.

The Knicks biggest problem right now is RJ. What is he? What is he good at? He's still only 20 but I'm not very optimistic that he will ever be anything.

I've been saying for a bit that RJ is a 6th man at best. Too inconsistent to give you great minutes night in and night out, but a guy that can get hot every few games and be a solid contributor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom