2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Really ? How do u explain other than in 1985 with Ewing we have not moved up in all the draft lottery we have participated in ?
You are familiar with how a lottery works right? Some teams never win it. At least we had the Ewing era.

You are familiar with how a lottery works right? Some teams never win it. At least we had the Ewing era.

I am. Orlando and Cleveland both won 3 times. Cleveland for hometown Lebron and twice after Lebron left. No way that happen out of chance. Best chance to make sure we have to tank process 76ers style.

The late David Stern hated the Knicks.

If only the lottery process was transparent and shown to the public.

Damn NBA rigs the lottery.
Of course they wanted Zion in New Orleans over New York.
Damn you NBA.

I am. Orlando and Cleveland both won 3 times. Cleveland for hometown Lebron and twice after Lebron left. No way that happen out of chance. Best chance to make sure we have to tank process 76ers style.

Not everything is literally a conspiracy theory come to life.

I know it's hard for you.

If only the lottery process was transparent and shown to the public.

Damn NBA rigs the lottery.
Of course they wanted Zion in New Orleans over New York.
Damn you NBA.

I'm against the lottery. Nothing more than a quick 30 min TV buck for ESPN. Go back to worse record.

I'm against the lottery. Nothing more than a quick 30 min TV buck for ESPN. Go back to worse record.
The NBA has never done just worst record.
Before the lottery the worst team in the East and the worst team in the West would flip a coin to determine the first pick.
Regardless if their were multiple teams in either conference with worse records than the worst team from the other conference.
That is how Houston got Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson in consecutive drafts.

Worst records will never happen for he intergrity of the game. The current process works. The worst teams get the advantage in the lottery.

so if the NBA has conspired against the Knicks, which they have...why bother to tank?

we need to fight out of this 1 W at a time.

no cheap paid for wins like all the crybaby superstars need by playing with each other on 3 teams each year.

good old fashioned 80s basketball till the Knicks become a destination again.

2 words i never want to hear from you ever again...

generational & tank.

your welcome.

So the NBA wanted to fix the lottery for the Cleveland Cavs?

Thibs has these Knicks playing some ball! Doin a great job so far! What a hire!

Do you know Thibs reputation. Superstar players hate him other than Jimmy Butler. We need to draft our superstar players cause superstar free agents won't play for him.

Do you know Thibs reputation. Superstar players hate him other than Jimmy Butler.

Yup. And he knows how to coach and get a team to overachieve and perform in the short term.

Lots of these guys are playing to stay in the league. All adds up to a scrappy, overachieving bunch that brings a modicum of credibility to the Knicks for once.

Yup. And he knows how to coach and get a team to overachieve and perform in the short term.

Lots of these guys are playing to stay in the league. All adds up to a scrappy, overachieving bunch that brings a modicum of credibility to the Knicks for once.

What will that get us by chance sneak into the 8th spot and get swept by the Bucks Nets or Celtics. Or just miss the playoffs and end up in the back end of the lottery and miss out on a generational prospect this year and next in Cunninghnam and Bates. These guys are Magic Johnson in Cunningham and Lebron in Bates. Either be good enough to contend for a championship or be really bad and tank. Worse spot is anywhere inbetween.

What will that get us by chance sneak into the 8th spot and get swept by the Bucks Nets or Celtics. Or just miss the playoffs and end up in the back end of the lottery and miss out on a generational prospect this year and next in Cunninghnam and Bates. These guys are Magic Johnson in Cunningham and Lebron in Bates. Either be good enough to contend for a championship or be really bad and tank. Worse spot is anywhere inbetween.

You must’ve missed how the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors championship teams were built.

good old fashioned 80s basketball till the Knicks become a destination again.
OR good old fashioned '70-'73 basketball -
Depending on your personal timeline/perspective!

Agree with screw Free Agent$ route -
Would be cool to see Thibs build a championship contender from within.

OR good old fashioned '70-'73 basketball -
Depending on your personal timeline/perspective!

Agree with screw Free Agent$ route -
Would be cool to see Thibs build a championship contender from within.

Thibs got fired his last HC job. Just saying. I never wanted him to begin with. We should have fired him when Doc Rivers became available. Or kicked the tires on Coach Cal. How many top young upcoming current superstars are from Kentucky and played under Cal.

Thibs got fired his last HC job. Just saying. I never wanted him to begin with. We should have fired him when Doc Rivers became available. Or kicked the tires on Coach Cal. How many top young upcoming current superstars are from Kentucky and played under Cal.
Doc wasn't taking the Knicks job. Neither was cal. Thibs is a good coach he's tough but this franchise has been run like a country club for 20 years.

Did the NBA change its draft/lottery rules again?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would think you throw away multiple seasons for two 14% chance shots at top picks.
the lottery tournament was the best idea i ever heard.

take the final 4 and the winner gets #1, loser #2 with a consolation game for #s 3 & 4.

the other 4 just go by record.

The NBA has never done just worst record.
Before the lottery the worst team in the East and the worst team in the West would flip a coin to determine the first pick.
Regardless if their were multiple teams in either conference with worse records than the worst team from the other conference.
That is how Houston got Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson in consecutive drafts.

Worst records will never happen for he intergrity of the game. The current process works. The worst teams get the advantage in the lottery.
Getting those 2 is actually insane.

LP
Getting those 2 is actually insane.
The old system was easy to rig.
In 1984 Chicago and Houston flipped for the top pick.
Houston won.
Portland got the second pick from another trade.
If Chicago wins the flip they take Olajuwon and Jordan goes to Another team.
It’s crazy that Houston took Olajuwon over Jordan and it kinda was the right pick at the time. Even though Jordan became Jordan.

You really don't know the definition of Generational talent do you? Cunningham is a very good player. He is neither a "Generational" talent nor Magic.

You really don't know the definition of Generational talent do you? Cunningham is a very good player. He is neither a "Generational" talent nor Magic.

What? The best player in the draft is ALWAYS the next Magic Johnson and LeBron James! Lol.

Gonna mess around and up tanking for Lonzo Ball
and Joe Smith or something.

If you ever look at old drafts, it's crazy how many of the top picks were traded. Like, 84, since it was discussed, above, only 4 of the first ten picks were made by the teams in the "right" spot. 83 and 82 werent that bad, but then in 81 you had 6 of the first ten picks being traded, 80 was 7, and 79 was 8! Teams just didnt value them at all.

That's how you get the Lakers with the first pick in 79, the Jazz essentially traded them first rounders in 77/78/79 in exchange for signing Gail goodrich as a FA in 76. (the lakers also sent Utah their 1 in 78, to "even" things out) Goodrich was 33 and basically just about done as a player.

LP
The old system was easy to rig.
In 1984 Chicago and Houston flipped for the top pick.
Houston won.
Portland got the second pick from another trade.
If Chicago wins the flip they take Olajuwon and Jordan goes to Another team.
It’s crazy that Houston took Olajuwon over Jordan and it kinda was the right pick at the time. Even though Jordan became Jordan.

Yeah and in the 2019 draft. If we lost the coin flip we would have gotten JA Morant. Pretty good silver medal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom