2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions

Boeheim's and Wildhack's recent comments along with the 2022 recruiting have me more optimistic than I have any business being.
When will I learn my lesson

we aren’t getting tape.

Yeah, that's a bummer.

Guess he didn't feel he could beat out an underwhelming rising Sr with chronic injury issues and a proclivity for fouling, and 2 raw underclassmen?

He would have been plug and play for 25+ minutes a game, and surrounded by shooters.

Yeah, that's a bummer.

Guess he didn't feel he could beat out an underwhelming rising Sr with chronic injury issues and a proclivity for fouling, and 2 raw underclassmen?

He would have been plug and play for 25+ minutes a game, and surrounded by shooters.
You didn't hear? JAB cut ahead of him at Wegman's when he was in 6th grade.

He just fouled out again.
I think he is the most prolific fouler in Cuse history and we have had our share. They need to work on his speed and agility all summer long. Something like the chasing the chicken from Rocky. Four hours a day chasing chicken and four hours a day pumping iron alternating between legs and upper body.

Buddy going pro?
I think he is the most prolific fouler in Cuse history and we have had our share. They need to work on his speed and agility all summer long. Something like the chasing the chicken from Rocky. Four hours a day chasing chicken and four hours a day pumping iron alternating between legs and upper body.

I saw Etan Thomas foul out in 5 minutes - in the first half! - at the Garden. That was the Donovan McNabb game against Georgetown in the BET. That will be hard to beat.

If Hughes, Carey and any of Howard/Bourama/Bobby Braswell leave we’re not winning 15 games and I won’t even pretend otherwise.
I couldn't disagree with this take more than I do. How we do will depend on who we can bring in. If we bring in Towns, that will offset Hughes to some extent. And, I expect a jump from some of our players that return. In '86 we lost pearl, Addison and Alexis. We were doomed. We played for the National championship in '87. A couple of reserves started, triche and Monroe, coleman was better than we expected, and Sherm was much better than we thought off of what he did in '86. And at the end of the year, Rony became the player he always thought he was. Things change. We need to finish the recruiting well. No question. And we need some improvement. Both are still on the table. The loss of Carey, Howard, Braswell, won't hurt us at all. Sidibe will if we don't get another big. I don't see him leaving. Hughes is a terrific player and hard to replace. Towns will be much needed if that is the case.

I couldn't disagree with this take more than I do. How we do will depend on who we can bring in. If we bring in Towns, that will offset Hughes to some extent. And, I expect a jump from some of our players that return. In '86 we lost pearl, Addison and Alexis. We were doomed. We played for the National championship in '87. A couple of reserves started, triche and Monroe, coleman was better than we expected, and Sherm was much better than we thought off of what he did in '86. And at the end of the year, Rony became the player he always thought he was. Things change. We need to finish the recruiting well. No question. And we need some improvement. Both are still on the table. The loss of Carey, Howard, Braswell, won't hurt us at all. Sidibe will if we don't get another big. I don't see him leaving. Hughes is a terrific player and hard to replace. Towns will be much needed if that is the case.

With how weak the remaining players are on defense, we’d need Edwards and Goodine to make massive leaps. I don’t know what my standard expectations should be for grad transfers at this point.

I expect these defections:
- Hughes to NBA draft
- Cary - transfer
- Braswell - transfer (why sit on the bench & never play)

Not sure why MD would return when he could likely play in a Euro league but hope he comes back.

C - Sidibe/Edwards/JBA
PF - Gurrier
SF - Marek, Newton/Richmond
SG - Buddy/Goodine
PG - JGIII/Washington

So could any other player in our rotation I don’t understand this narrative
1. Marek is European so it's close to home & he gets paid.
2. I really doubt any of our other players (excepting Hughes) would interest any higher level Euro league.

We
We have to lose at 1 player from this year's roster. So give your prediction for what the roster will be.
It's not fairly obvious what the roster will be that is for sure.
Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG
4. Howard Washington(redshirt Junior) PG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG
9. Robert Braswell (redshirt Sophomore) F

Freshman
10. Jon Bol Ajak(redshirt Freshman) C
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

I see Elijah Hughes and Jalen Carey leaving after the season and bringing in Towns to replace Hughes.
Why is Carey leaving?

Really? He is going to play over Joe Girard? Or we are going to move Girard to the 2 and sit Buddy. I wish the kid well. But the dye is cast.
Not over but spot either one so they aren't dead tired by the end of the year. Not saying hey wont leave but does he want to sit out another year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom