2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions

We have to lose at 1 player from this year's roster. So give your prediction for what the roster will be.
It's not fairly obvious what the roster will be that is for sure.
Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG
4. Howard Washington(redshirt Junior) PG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG
9. Robert Braswell (redshirt Sophomore) F

Freshman
10. Jon Bol Ajak(redshirt Freshman) C
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

I see Elijah Hughes and Jalen Carey leaving after the season and bringing in Towns to replace Hughes.
Here is a different view that is very speculative..
1) Sidibe
2) Boeheim
3) Girard
4) Guerrier
5) Edwards
6) Ajak
7) Richmond
8) Newton

Dolezaj goes home and can’t get back due the coronavirus and decides to play in Europe closer to his home.
Hughes leaves for NBA
Braswell, Washington, Carey and Goodine all transfer.
No one transfers in. (I am pretty positive someone will transfer in but may not be the ones we expect/want)

Sidibe, Ajak and Edwards will play center
Guerrier, Newton, Ajak will play power forward.
Newton, Richmond will play small forward.
Richmond, Girard and Boeheim will play guard.

Slight variation:
Dolezaj returns and play super sub (playing center, forward and guard positions)
Hughes returns because the coronavirus delays the NBA seasons. (forward and guard)
Braswell returns and is healthy (playsforward)

Of course, if the coronavirus delays the next NBA season, it probably will also affect the next NCAA season.

oh what fun and Syracuse will still field a competitive team even if they have play their cheerleaders. Just joking.

Guards:
Girard - 30-35 minutes
Buddy -35-37 minutes
Kadary - 10-15 minutes

SF:
Marek - 30-35 across all three front line spots barring foul trouble
Braswell 5-10 if somewhat healthy and doesn't leave

PF:
Quincy (ability to play all three front line rolls) - 25-30 minutes assuming foul issues persist
Transfer who can play SF and PF - tough to find since only 10-15 minutes available

Center:
Bourama - 25-30 minutes assuming still very foul prone
Edwards / Bol Ajak - 10-15 minutes combined

Buried with no minutes:
Woody

Here is a different view that is very speculative..
1) Sidibe
2) Boeheim
3) Girard
4) Guerrier
5) Edwards
6) Ajak
7) Richmond
8) Newton

Dolezaj goes home and can’t get back due the coronavirus and decides to play in Europe closer to his home.
Hughes leaves for NBA
Braswell, Washington, Carey and Goodine all transfer.
No one transfers in. (I am pretty positive someone will transfer in but may not be the ones we expect/want)

Sidibe, Ajak and Edwards will play center
Guerrier, Newton, Ajak will play power forward.
Newton, Richmond will play small forward.
Richmond, Girard and Boeheim will play guard.

Slight variation:
Dolezaj returns and play super sub (playing center, forward and guard positions)
Hughes returns because the coronavirus delays the NBA seasons. (forward and guard)
Braswell returns and is healthy (playsforward)

Of course, if the coronavirus delays the next NBA season, it probably will also affect the next NCAA season.

oh what fun and Syracuse will still field a competitive team even if they have play their cheerleaders. Just joking.

What if Jesse follows Marek's lead and goes home for the summer, but can't get back in the fall?

7 scholly players, one of whom has a real penchant for fouling out.

What could go wrong?
You what would be cool?
If the NCAA for next year said all kids who are students at your school could play college sports.
So say a former athlete who left early to go pro could comeback next year.

It would be cool but won’t happen.35 year old Eric Devendorf playing his last year.

You what would be cool?
If the NCAA for next year said all kids who are students at your school could play college sports.

It would be cool but won’t happen.35 year old Eric Devendorf playing his last year.

I would take him in a second over either of our starting guards. And I was not a Devendorf fan by any stretch of the imagination.

You what would be cool?

I think Carmelo Anthony would then need to take a few classes to enrich his knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom