2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions

Really? He is going to play over Joe Girard? Or we are going to move Girard to the 2 and sit Buddy. I wish the kid well. But the dye is cast.

Buddy may need to play some 3 next year because we may need the scoring.

It can't be any worse than they are now. They better come into next season with a ton of inspiration and a chip on their shoulder. Poised to be the worst Syracuse tram in the program's history.

Really? He is going to play over Joe Girard? Or we are going to move Girard to the 2 and sit Buddy. I wish the kid well. But the dye is cast.

If Boeheim wasn't such a stubborn guy, he could return to a rotation like he used to do when somebody like Dion or MCW or Brandon Triche was the third guard - go 30 - 30 - 20 and everybody stays fresh, everybody plays better defense, and our shooters will hit a higher percentage, and be able to work harder to get open for shots.

because he is never going to start here. And that means he isn't going to play much.

And he does not want the pressure at all... completely overwhelmed by it and that’s not speculation, it’s a fact... (talking about Carey)

It can't be any worse than they are now. They better come into next season with a ton of inspiration and a chip on their shoulder. Poised to be the worst Syracuse tram in the program's history.
This current team had the worst early season record of any SU team in 50 years, primary because of issues at PG and inability to defend inside. Too skinny, and no depth. Every team with a strong big just killed us inside, much as Moses Wright did yesterday.
With 4 returning starters, improvement from Guerrier and Edwards, Ajak getting stronger over his redshirt season, some of those glaring issues get fixed. I think there is a good chance that Richmond as a frosh can help on the perimeter and Newton can find a role somewhere in the rotation in the front court. The loss of Hughes (though a big loss) will be offset by improvement at PG, inside defense and depth. Worst in program history? Doubt it.

And he does not want the pressure at all... completely overwhelmed by it and that’s not speculation, it’s a fact... (talking about Carey)
The pressure of being behind Buddy and Joe?

I expect Hughes to declare for the draft, and Carey to transfer at the end of the season.

I also think we'll see another departure -- most likely Washington heading off in search of more abundant PT, or Braswell. I'd be surprised if at least one of these players doesn't get "the talk" at the end of the season.

I also expect the coaching staff to line up one, and possibly two grad transfers. Towns if he wants to come here, and Tape if they can leverage the existing relationship to steer him to the hill.

The roster will look a LOT different next season.
This is exactly what I expect. I think it will be Washington not Braswell.

The criticism next year will be:
1) if only Ajak could rebound inside like Quincy G,
2) if only Quincy G could make the outside 3 like Ajak,
3) if only Jimmy B would let Ajak and Quincy G shoot the outside 3.

Hope that we find a true Power Forward (Towns??) that proves to be a good rebounder.

He is going to graduate in 3 years? If he does that then I would say he would go elsewhere and have 2 more years there.

I don't want Washington to leave as I like him as a backup PG. He just doesn't get enough minutes and can't stay healthy.
Believe that Washington is our best ball handler/distributor of our point guards. If only, he could shoot the ball halfway consistently. He is definitely on a short lease.

Too bad because he was a decent scorer in High School. If I was him, I would consider transferring.

Buddy may need to play some 3 next year because we may need the scoring.
I like Buddy but not as a SF. He has not demonstrated any supportive skills pass shooting. His rebounding skills are questionable. He needs to develop the ability that Joe G III has with respect to rebounding. That is to be instinctly in the right place defensively when the ball is shot.

Pretty sure Washington can graduate and be a grad transfer...

He's in a more demanding school than some of the kids who do that and I wouldn't expect that he's in that position yet.

If Carey was going to transfer, why didn't he do it midway through the season?

If Boeheim wasn't such a stubborn guy, he could return to a rotation like he used to do when somebody like Dion or MCW or Brandon Triche was the third guard - go 30 - 30 - 20 and everybody stays fresh, everybody plays better defense, and our shooters will hit a higher percentage, and be able to work harder to get open for shots.

He may want to show schools a clean bill of health before going on the transfer portal? Not that I'm eager to push him out.

I like Buddy but not as a SF. He has not demonstrated any supportive skills pass shooting. His rebounding skills are questionable. He needs to develop the ability that Joe G III has with respect to rebounding. That is to be instinctly in the right place defensively when the ball is shot.

Don’t necessarily disagree, but we may need to make some adjustments with the lineup next year to create some offense assuming Hughes leaves.

Why would Tape come to SU. There are already 31/2 centers on the roster. Current centers have to step up...

Somebody has got to be the third guard next year. Boeheim likes to be able to play 3, ideally. And either Goodine or Carey will be it. I expect one to transfer, probably Carey. But who knows. One of them has an opportunity to earn playing time.

??? What are you saying here?

This is exactly what I expect. I think it will be Washington not Braswell.
Believe that Washington is our best ball handler/distributor of our point guards. If only, he could shoot the ball halfway consistently. He is definitely on a short lease.

Too bad because he was a decent scorer in High School. If I was him, I would consider transferring.
I know some people on here love him, and he is clearly a great kid who has battled a lot of adversity, but Washington is just not a high level D1 player.

Yeah, i was surprised by that, too.

This was discussed. I can’t remember why but there is a definite advantage to how he did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom