2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

Another game, 2 more key players injured.

The Pillar beaning is pretty horrific. Not sure I have ever seen a pitcher so shook up from hitting someone.

Hope Walker is okay.

Going to presume Pillar is out for at least a while. Conforto and Nimmo are on the injured list. So is Almora.

Who do we have now to play outfield? Smith in LF. Lee and Fargas at RF and CF? I think Hagar, who is an infielder, played a little RF when Conforto got hurt. Right now, he might be our only non catcher sub (infield and outfield).

Lindor definitely has something wrong with his arm and you can see Alonso is playing through an injury to his hand/wrist.

Now would be the perfect time for a COVID outbreak...

Last edited:
We have the longest disabled list in baseball and the largest lead in the standings:

2021 MLB Standings | ESPN

I literally cannot remember the last time I checked standings for a favorite team in any sport.

Last edited:

0.62!!!

Gibson completed 28 of 34 games and had 13 shut outs.

Don't look now but our threadbare Mets just split with the mighty Padres in their own place and out-scored them 13-7.

0.62!!!

Gibson completed 28 of 34 games and had 13 shut outs.
It's incredible what he's doing. He just keeps getting better. This must have been what it was like watching Tom Seaver.

Don't look now but our threadbare Mets just split with the mighty Padres in their own place and out-scored them 13-7.
gave away game 1. tatis won that one. tough game 2 and then controlled the last 2

gave away game 1. tatis won that one. tough game 2 and then controlled the last 2
This is an interesting team. They aren’t really consistent but one thing I really like is that they have been very resilient all season and consistently bounce back after bad performances.

DeGrom, Stroman and Walker have been really good. If we can find 2 other guys who can eat up some innings and be decent, we are going to be very hard to beat. Most worried about the bullpen getting overworked because the other 2 starters have been suspect.

Thrilled with the defensive improvements. The offense is going to be fine.

Peterson can have his bad games but he needs to at least throw the innings when he does.. Carrasco coming back late could be a good thing if he throws well.. he will be pretty fresh for the 2nd half of the season.

This is an interesting team. They aren’t really consistent but one thing I really like is that they have been very resilient all season and consistently bounce back after bad performances.

DeGrom, Stroman and Walker have been really good. If we can find 2 other guys who can eat up some innings and be decent, we are going to be very hard to beat. Most worried about the bullpen getting overworked because the other 2 starters have been suspect.

Thrilled with the defensive improvements. The offense is going to be fine.

I've always said that in any sport, if you have a good defense and score high, you'll win. If you have a good defense and you score low, you can still win. If you have a be defense and score high, you still might lose. If you have a bad defense and score low, you'll lose.

With the Mets starting pitching, a bullpen they've finally fixed and a tight defense, not a lot of things have to go right for them to win. If we can get those injured starters back and still be in first place, big things could happen this year.

And good thing might happen for the Syracuse Mets, too, when some of these 'fill-ins' return to the team.

I've always said that in any sport, if you have a good defense and score high, you'll win. If you have a good defense and you score low, you can still win. If you have a be defense and score high, you still might lose. If you have a bad defense and score low, you'll lose.

With the Mets starting pitching, a bullpen they've finally fixed and a tight defense, not a lot of things have to go right for them to win. If we can get those injured starters back and still be in first place, big things could happen this year.

And good thing might happen for the Syracuse Mets, too, when some of these 'fill-ins' return to the team.
but you just base this model from watching the fball team !!!

but you just base this model from watching the fball team !!!

It makes sense anywhere. Our basketball team makes NCAA runs when they play good defense but wind up in the NIT when they don't.

Sure...take DeGrom out. We've got a guy in the bullpen who's just as good.

Sure...take DeGrom out. We've got a guy in the bullpen who's just as good.

Looks like there might be an injury situation.

Tom Seaver's best year was 1971:
20-10 286.1IP 289SKO-61W 210H 61runs, 56 earned, ERA 1.76.

Doc Gooden's best year was 1985:
24-4 276.2IP 268SKO-69W 198H 51runs, 47 earned ERA 1.53.

Jake DeGrom in 2021:
6-2 64IP 103SKO 8W 26H 7runs, 4 earned ERA 0.56.

Let's project Doc's and Jake's numbers over 286.1 innings:

Doc 25-8 277SKO-71W 205H 53 runs, 49 earned.

Jake 26-9 461SKO-36W 116H 31runs, 18 earned.

Tom Seaver's best year was 1971:
20-10 286.1IP 289SKO-61W 210H 61runs, 56 earned, ERA 1.76.

Doc Gooden's best year was 1985:
24-4 276.2IP 268SKO-69W 198H 51runs, 47 earned ERA 1.53.

Jake DeGrom in 2021:
6-2 64IP 103SKO 8W 26H 7runs, 4 earned ERA 0.56.

Let's project Doc's and Jake's numbers over 286.1 innings:

Doc 25-8 277SKO-71W 205H 53 runs, 49 earned.

Jake 26-9 461SKO-36W 116H 31runs, 18 earned.

It's insane what he is doing this year. I would love to see him keep it up and set a record that may never be touched.

Nice to beat the Cubbies for a change tonight. With so many injuries and still winning they could have a great second half and cruise into October. No one else in the NLE has shown even any signs of playing winning baseball except maybe Philly but they usually drop right back pretty quickly.