2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

Looks like the Mets will need all the run support they can get with Familia and Betances struggling yet again. I think the pen is still the Achilles heel for the team.
Familia has pitched 4 times and hasn't given up an earned run yet. Has walked 6 in 4 innings but has also only given up 2 hit so far. Like last year, he is pitching pretty well. Hard to hit but way too wild.

Betances has an ERA of 13.50. IMHO, he is a lot bigger concern.

Looks like the Mets will need all the run support they can get with Familia and Betances struggling yet again. I think the pen is still the Achilles heel for the team.
I know it's st but Betances looks shot. They ate going to need to make a couple deals at the deadline the only one I trust is Lugo.

Familia has pitched 4 times and hasn't given up an earned run yet. Has walked 6 in 4 innings but has also only given up 2 hit so far. Like last year, he is pitching pretty well. Hard to hit but way too wild.

Betances has an ERA of 13.50. IMHO, he is a lot bigger concern.

it’s a matter of time before familia starts to give up runs. If he’s walking people in spring training there’s no way he holds up against a true major league lineup when the games count. He hasn’t been the same pitcher since the series against the royals.

Game postponed because of a Nats team
member tested positive... I almost forgot we are living in a pandemic. Silly me.

Tomorrow's game off too. So much for looking forward to opening day .

Tomorrow's game off too. So much for looking forward to opening day .
Was there a game tomorrow? Usually day 2 is left open in case opening day is rained out. My take was that they aren't going to reschedule today's game for tomorrow lessen the risk.

Was there a game tomorrow? Usually day 2 is left open in case opening day is rained out. My take was that they aren't going to reschedule today's game for tomorrow lessen the risk.

Correct that is what I meant

Game postponed because of a Nats team
member tested positive... I almost forgot we are living in a pandemic. Silly me.
Silly me getting excited after a long day of work for opening day.

Silly me getting excited after a long day of work for opening day.
I feel you... same boat here. My 7 year old daughter was actually getting excited to watch with me. Saturday it is I guess

now 4 cases with 1 probable? Rizzo says he doesn’t know when Nats will be able to play again. Sounds like series gets washed.

now 4 cases with 1 probable? Rizzo says he doesn’t know when Nats will be able to play again. Sounds like series gets washed.
It did. Not the start to the season I was looking for.

It did. Not the start to the season I was looking for.
I hope this doesn't hurt our batters, who will have gone almost a week without seeing non-Mets pitches.

DeGrom pitches a 6 inning shut-out but the Mets can only muster 2 runs. The bullpen gives up a 5 run inning, including a key error. The Mets get the tying runs on in the 9th and Alonso skies it to the warning track where Harper catches it to end the game.

Yep, the Mets are back!

Rojas is an awful manager. How do you take degrom out?

The starting pitcher's job isn't to win the game any more. It's to get a "quality start".

he hadnt thrown in 10 days.. we was never gonna throw more than 80-85 anyway.. they are already on innings limits for the season. the issue isnt taking him out.. it was taking may out.