2020 MLB Season... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Rob Manfred is worse than Roger Goodell.

8 games for Joe Kelly in a 60 game season for throwing at the team that deserves it.

So from now on anyone who plunks someone gets 8 games? Or is MLB just going to protect the Astros?

it gets reduced but also tries to nip this from happening 20 more times this yr.

I cant imagine what people would do if they were commissioner in these sports.

it gets reduced but also tries to nip this from happening 20 more times this yr.

I cant imagine what people would do if they were commissioner in these sports.

Punishments should be based on what actually happened. 2 games, max.

If someone else drills an Astro and a brawl breaks out, then hammer them.

8 games for Joe Kelly in a 60 game season for throwing at the team that deserves it.
THAT is flukin pathetic.

now that we know that throwing at the commissioners prescious astros is 8 games, id call up 2 bum's and have them both throw at the astros.

can someone hit altuve please??...

THAT is flukin pathetic.

now that we know that throwing at the commissioners prescious astros is 8 games, id call up 2 bum's and have them both throw at the astros.

can someone hit altuve please??...

Leave Smurfette alone, go after Bregman.

Dodgers-Astros is 1-1 in the 11th with a runner on second and ESPN goes split screen with Mets/Red Sox and gives the volume/commentary to that game! What??

Im actually mad when I see the Dodgers are on ESPN now. I’ve got the MLB package. Give me a real broadcast where the commentators are actually in the stadium and they don’t pull BS like this, anyway. I miss Joe Morgan and Jon Miller.

Down 2 at home, bottom of 9th. Bases loaded nobody out. Center of the batting order up.

We couldn't get the ball out of the infield. Red Sox win, 6-5. :(

Last edited:
Dodgers-Astros is 1-1 in the 11th with a runner on second and ESPN goes split screen with Mets/Red Sox and gives the volume/commentary to that game! What??

Im actually mad when I see the Dodgers are on ESPN now. I’ve got the MLB package. Give me a real broadcast where the commentators are actually in the stadium and they don’t pull BS like this, anyway. I miss Joe Morgan and Jon Miller.
This was from 2005 and the sport just seemed way more relevant and fun with this promo.

Now the sport doesn’t feel National and all just regional. The announcers are just so bland and don’t make it fun.

Runner on 2nd to start the inning since the 10th(it’s now the 12th), and not one bunt has been laid down to move a runner to 3rd.

I know that’s largely gone from the game, but jeez. You would think this is a situation where it might happen.

Runner on 2nd to start the inning since the 10th(it’s now the 12th), and not one bunt has been laid down to move a runner to 3rd.

I know that’s largely gone from the game, but jeez. You would think this is a situation where it might happen.

“Well someone finally hit it behind the runner, they just hit it 390 feet.” -Chipper Jones

Baseball players have never been less skilled at baseball.

He's trying to nip it in the butt so this doesn't turn really ugly I get it.

He's trying to nip it in the butt so this doesn't turn really ugly I get it.
1. Screw Houston they deserve to be drilled by every team. Especially the Dodgers.
2. Kelly didn’t do anything wrong.
3. Correa is a loser. Kelly hit him with a 3-0 curveball that wasn’t even close to intentionally. Correa overreacted. If Kelly was going to hit him he doesn’t hit him with a curveball. Kelly gets control problems watching him from time to time.

4. The astros deserve worse.
Manfred has somehow passed goodell as the worst commissioner in the Big 4 sports and its amazing he did it so easily.

“Well someone finally hit it behind the runner, they just hit it 390 feet.” -Chipper Jones

Baseball players have never been less skilled at baseball.

It may not be what the advanced analytics say to do and that's fine, but yeah - I miss the guys who could actually bat as a skill. Way too many HR or nothing guys anymore.

1. Screw Houston they deserve to be drilled by every team. Especially the Dodgers.
3. Correa is a loser. Kelly hit him with a 3-0 curveball that wasn’t even close to intentionally. Correa overreacted. If Kelly was going to hit him he doesn’t hit him with a curveball. Kelly gets control problems watching him from time to time.

Manfred has somehow passed goodell as the worst commissioner in the Big 4 sports and its amazing he did it so easily.
He threw at his head, I don't care what the astros did, no one deserves that.

He threw at his head, I don't care what the astros did, no one deserves that.

Kelly threw behind Bregman.

On Correa he threw a curveball and Correa ducked his head which brought the pitch near his head.
If Kelly wanted to hit Correa he doesn’t throw a curveball at him. Curveballs don’t hurt. That pitch slipped and Correa’s head bobble made it look like the head.

The Astros deserve to get drilled this entire year. The fact Manfred gave Kelly the equivalent of a 22 game suspension is a joke. If Kelly got 1 game it would be one game too many but at least understandable.

Nobody in baseball feels bad for the Astros but manfred. He is literally ruining his dying sport faster than i thought a Commissioner could.

So what kind of petty chicanery should teams try when playing the Astros?

Personally I think it should be a 50/50 whether every Astros runner at first gets pantsed by the first baseman.

Liquid Heat

So what kind of petty chicanery should teams try when playing the Astros?

Personally I think it should be a 50/50 whether every Astros runner at first gets pantsed by the first baseman.
I liked Muncy throwing ribshots for tags on throw overs.

He cannot help solve a simple regional cable dispute. The rest of this is way beyond his skillset.

I dont think the road team should be bunting. If the home team throws up a zero in the top, it's a different story. But I still don't think there is a huge difference in % chance of scoring a run with runner on second and no out vs runner on third and one out

I checked, source I was using isn't updated past 2015, but basically, runner on second and no out results in a run 61-62% of the time (this hasnt really changed going back in time, fwiw), while runner on third with 1 out scores at least a run about 65-66% of the time (again, believe it or not, this had been steady as well). This isn't a perfect comparison, because it assumes A) the bunt always gets down, and B) there's no error or anything, but it gets you in the right direction.

For total runs, runner on second and no one out gives you an average of 1.10 runs, while runner on third with one out is about 0.95 runs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom