2020 MLB Season... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

I dont think the road team should be bunting. If the home team throws up a zero in the top, it's a different story. But I still don't think there is a huge difference in % chance of scoring a run with runner on second and no out vs runner on third and one out

I checked, source I was using isn't updated past 2015, but basically, runner on second and no out results in a run 61-62% of the time (this hasnt really changed going back in time, fwiw), while runner on third with 1 out scores at least a run about 65-66% of the time (again, believe it or not, this had been steady as well). This isn't a perfect comparison, because it assumes A) the bunt always gets down, and B) there's no error or anything, but it gets you in the right direction.

For total runs, runner on second and no one out gives you an average of 1.10 runs, while runner on third with one out is about 0.95 runs.
tenor.gif

Gotta keep playing. Once you start the season you finish it.

I wasn’t looking for your opinion, I was just sharing the info.

You’re one of those people who needs to understand that you don’t need to speak up with your opinion on everything at all times. Nobody really cares. Less is more.

I wasn’t looking for your opinion, I was just sharing the info.

Just saying. The season will continue to play on. That's why the teams have the taxi squads to call on. If you are a well run organization with player development and resources you can navigate a season played during a pandemic.

Just saying. The season will continue to play on. That's why the teams have the taxi squads to call on. If you are a well run organization with player development and resources you can navigate a season played during a pandemic.

Yanks have played two less games than everyone else. Why?

So we’re now at: Yankees, Orioles, Blue Jays, and Phillies who will have missed games...because of spread within the Marlins. But now the Phillies could become a problem so they’re shutting them down too.

And big mouth thinks it’s just a problem with one team and only affects that team.

You can add the Nationals to the list as well since their series with the Marlins is canceled this weekend.

So we’re now at: Yankees, Orioles, Blue Jays, and Phillies who will have missed games...because of spread within the Marlins. But now the Phillies could become a problem so they’re shutting them down too.

And big mouth thinks it’s just a problem with one team and only affects that team.

Testing and contact tracing. Once they started the season I'm telling you they have to and will finish it. Manfred knows 2021 and a players strike looms.

Testing and contact tracing. Once they started the season I'm telling you they have to and will finish it. Manfred knows 2021 and a players strike looms.
Pushing through a global pandemic that could be threatening the very lives of the players and staff seems like a great way to set up some labor negotiations. Good call!

Pushing through a global pandemic that could be threatening the very lives of the players and staff seems like a great way to set up some labor negotiations. Good call!

The players were all given the option to opt out of the season.

The players were all given the option to opt out of the season.
Yup, so what you are saying is that now that we see how the disease can be so easily spread among the players on a team, it's too damned bad if they'd like to opt out now, right? Again, great negotiating tactics. You must be A #1 salesdude at your joint.

One outbreak on one team has affected like 1/6th -1/7th of the league. They’re already up against it, one week in.

I’ve watched 5 out of the Dodgers 6 games, as well as probably catching at least a few innings of at least half of the teams in the league already. Obviously I hope it works and the whole season is played. And what I hope for and want is also meaningless.

This is already a mess.

Yup, so what you are saying is that now that we see how the disease can be so easily spread among the players on a team, it's too damned bad if they'd like to opt out now, right? Again, great negotiating tactics. You must be A #1 salesdude at your joint.

I'm on vacation so not going to spend all night on this. Just know before you sign on for before you sign on to play the season the players that agreed to play should have weighed all possibilities.
One outbreak on one team has affected like 1/6th -1/7th of the league. They’re already up against it, one week in.

I’ve watched 5 out of the Dodgers 6 games, as well as probably catching at least a few innings of at least half of the teams in the league already. Obviously I hope it works and the whole season is played. And what I hope for and want is also meaningless.

This is already a mess.

Teams have an entire minor league system at their disposal.

I'm on vacation so not going to spend all night on this. Just know before you sign on for before you sign on to play the season the players that agreed to play should have weighed all possibilities.

Teams have an entire minor league system at their disposal.

Oh, ok. Wonder why all the teams that have had to postpone games didn’t just play their minor leaguers?

Oh, ok. Wonder why all the teams that have had to postpone games didn’t just play their minor leaguers?

State of their minor league system with major league ready talent or near ready talent. My team is so deep we have guys in our minor leagues that would be everyday players or making the starting rotations on other teams.

State of their minor league system with major league ready talent or near ready talent. My team is so deep we have guys in our minor leagues that would be everyday players or making the starting rotations on other teams.

They should’ve brought them all up and got those games in on Monday and Tuesday then.

Well aren't you special. All that talent and depth and 1 World series in 20 years.

2 world series 2000 and 2009 pal. Cheated out of a chance at another in 2017 and 2018. Astros in 2017 and Red Sox to a lesser extent in 2018.

2 world series 2000 and 2009 pal. Cheated out of a chance at another in 2017 and 2018. Astros in 2017 and Red Sox to a lesser extent in 2018.

The Marlins slapped them around in 2003. Never forget.

2000 was 20 years ago so ya one ws title in 20 Years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom