2020 MLB Season... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Only took until the 6th inning for the benches to clear in Dodgers/Astros! Didn’t look like anyone got physical, just a standoff.

Joe Kelly struck out Correa to end the inning with 2 runners on, and was talking crap afterwards, to kick things off.

There was some jawing earlier in the inning that the telecast did a poor job of showing us who was talking but you could hear it.

Only took until the 6th inning for the benches to clear in Dodgers/Astros! Didn’t look like anyone got physical, just a standoff.

Joe Kelly struck out Correa to end the inning with 2 runners on, and was talking crap afterwards, to kick things off.

There was some jawing earlier in the inning that the telecast did a poor job of showing us who was talking but you could hear it.

I have the misfortune of the Astros feed. The announcers were dumbfounded as to why Kelly was jawing. “Kelly did his job, why is he jawing at Correa?!?!“

um...

I have the misfortune of the Astros feed. The announcers were dumbfounded as to why Kelly was jawing. “Kelly did his job, why is he jawing at Correa?!?!“

um...

lol, right. And even if this wasn’t the Astros, there were words after that play at first. Couldn’t really see it, but an F-word was audible. Plus he threw behind Bregman, and knocked down Correa.

Never forget the Red Sox traded Mookie Betts for one decent prospect, a few other fringe prospects and a platoon player.
Lol.

Sox lost Mookie but the issue is pitching, not hitting
They traded Mookie for zero pitching prospects and gave up their second best starter last year in a salary dump they ate 1/3 of his remaining salary in the Mookie trade.

They had a top pitching prospect from Minnesota in the original trade. That pitching prospect went to the Dodgers and Sox took a SS prospect when they have Xander for the next 5 years.

The organization is a clown show right now. All they care about is the luxury tax.

LOL I love that Alsacs hates the SOX now.
This is a Gen X/Millennial vs. boomer split in Red Sox fandom.

Younger adults aren’t happy with the organization and don’t care for the team’s corporate spin.

Older fans think this ownership group is better than the old Yawkee ownership which was just incompetent and stupidly run.

I say screw the organization now and they deserve to suck for the crap they try to pettle.

Let’s pay Chris Sale 150 million and David Price 217 million but lowball Jon Lester.

Let’s sell bricks and sing sweet Caroline at Fenway.

Red Sox Organization is one of the most tone deaf organizations in sports that isn’t actively trying not to be.

Plus the Boston media doesn’t help. They spin and defend the Red Sox while spewing negativity for the other teams because Henry owns the newspaper and controls the flagship radio station.

Screw the Sox I hope they go 1-59 this year.

But the bottom of the 8th at Fenway is so good so good.

in the last 20 yrs they have won 4 titles, the Yanks 1 the dodgers 0.. If sox fans expect one every year then its a downer.. They could be the cubs too with 1 every 120 yrs.

Mookie is great but if they signed him they wouldnt have 3-4 other guys going forward. They have a pretty good core right now , but they lost the 2 pitchers they couldnt afford to lose.

This is a Gen X/Millennial vs. boomer split in Red Sox fandom.

Younger adults aren’t happy with the organization and don’t care for the team’s corporate spin.

Older fans think this ownership group is better than the old Yawkee ownership which was just incompetent and stupidly run.

I say screw the organization now and they deserve to suck for the crap they try to pettle.

Let’s pay Chris Sale 150 million and David Price 217 million but lowball Jon Lester.

Let’s sell bricks and sing sweet Caroline at Fenway.

Red Sox Organization is one of the most tone deaf organizations in sports that isn’t actively trying not to be.

Plus the Boston media doesn’t help. They spin and defend the Red Sox while spewing negativity for the other teams because Henry owns the newspaper and controls the flagship radio station.

Screw the Sox I hope they go 1-59 this year.

But the bottom of the 8th at Fenway is so good so good.
I cordially invite you to become a Buffalo Blue Jays fan for the rest of 2020

The Sox could afford twenty-five Mookie contracts.

Okay, I’m exaggerating, but the luxury tax poverty angle is garbage. They own like 80% of NESN.

Basically agree with this. granted the covid crisis has hurt the economics a little, but these dudes have lots of money. The only restrictions in salary really are the ones they put on themselves.

Thinking about their team though, they are kind of in a weird spot. They have what I believe is a barren farm system (correct me if i'm wrong), and even if you said Sale was healthy, the pitching isn't great. But they have a hell of an offensive core; Devers, Boegarts, JD, Benintendi; that's even without including Mookie!

Basically agree with this. granted the covid crisis has hurt the economics a little, but these dudes have lots of money. The only restrictions in salary really are the ones they put on themselves.

Thinking about their team though, they are kind of in a weird spot. They have what I believe is a barren farm system (correct me if i'm wrong), and even if you said Sale was healthy, the pitching isn't great. But they have a hell of an offensive core; Devers, Boegarts, JD, Benintendi; that's even without including Mookie!
Dombrowski traded all their prospects for Chris Sale, Craig Kimbrel.
The previous regime which was at the owner’s orders screwed up Jon Lester so Dombrowski overpaid David Price.

All that core were players drafted or signed by Theo Epstein before he left for the cubs. Except Andrew Bientiendi who was drafted by Epstein’s successor Ben Cherington.

The Red Sox owners hired Dombrowski knowing his mo is to trade prospects for veterans and win now.

Sale helped in 2017. He basically made the difference in making the playoffs but the Astros cheated against him in game 1 of ALDS and rocked him.

In 2018 Dombrowski paid JD Martinez when his team was already going to have to pay Sale or Betts.

They won the WS in 2018.

They fired Dombrowski after 2019.

The team wanted Mookie to give them a discount. He wanted market rate.
John Henry hired a Tampa bay executive to replace Dombrowski.

The owner wants the new executive to run the team like the Rays.

They traded the best player on the team for hot garbage because Chris Sale took a 5 year 150 million deal when if they let last season play out Sale likely gets half of that and he has to have Tommy John surgery in year one of a 5 year deal.

Red Sox owners are lucky Theo was good at player drafting and Ben Cherington left Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech in the farm system for Dombrowski to trade.

The organization is now a dumpster fire. They treat players and coaches like crap in the media on their way out.
Tito Francona, Theo, Price, Lester, etc. the organization is garbage.

Bob Hohler’a job is to right an article with dirt fed to him from ownership on why person X left the organization.
They deserve to suck.

It's kind of weird they fired Dombrowski as quickly as they did, like you said, they brought him in to trade prospects to win a title, and...he traded prospects and he won the title. That said, it was probably fine, cause he isn't the guy you want doing a rebuild. (probably)

Agree on Bloom.

I am not even sure I can totally fault them for Sale; Chris Sale is awesome! They probably should just have signed Sale and then tried to keep Betts as well. They have a lot of money!

It's kind of weird they fired Dombrowski as quickly as they did, like you said, they brought him in to trade prospects to win a title, and...he traded prospects and he won the title. That said, it was probably fine, cause he isn't the guy you want doing a rebuild. (probably)

Agree on Bloom.

I am not even sure I can totally fault them for Sale; Chris Sale is awesome! They probably should just have signed Sale and then tried to keep Betts as well. They have a lot of money!
The Sale trade was fine.
They paid a lot to get him in Moncada and Kopech but Sale is the type of player you overpay to get.
They got him for 3 years at cheap money.
They resigned him without getting a good deal.
They offered Mookie 10 years 300
Million Mookie said no so apparently they went to Sale and said will you take 5-150 and he did.

I like Sale as well. He is a good pro but that delivery was just obviously not going to hold up long term and he got Tommy John surgery this year in year 1.

I think he can come back but I don’t expect he will be the same. I think he will be serviceable though as the slider will get him Ks as long as he has some velocity for his fastball.

Dombrowski had one year left on his deal. They didn’t want him rebuilding and they wanted to go towards the Tampa model so they fired him early to move in that direction.
Dombrowski created a mess but he won a title so his tenure will always be remembered well for that. 108 wins regular season beat the Yankees in their stadium to clinch the division, playoff series beat the defending World Champs and Dodgers in 5 games.

The 2018 team was one of the best modern MLB champions.

The ownership has just screwed up the organization as a Mets fan I know you understand how that feels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom