2020 MLB Season... | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

At this point, probably. But the potential is there for it to be a lot better than that - really depends on how Urias and May progress. Both have star potential IMO.

But yeah, we lost quite a bit of proven veterans in Ryu, Hill, and Maeda...and with Price opting out.

Buehler is a launching pad rn. Kershaw isn’t dependable in the playoffs. Love Mookie but we needed Cole not another bat.

Combine that with Dave Roberts being inept, I’m concerned.

Buehler is a launching pad rn. Kershaw isn’t dependable in the playoffs. Love Mookie but we needed Cole not another bat.

Combine that with Dave Roberts being inept, I’m concerned.

Im not worried about Buehler. Too early. He’s been very solid in the playoffs so far in his career too.

Yeah, I don’t have a ton of faith in Roberts in the playoffs.

Kershaw certainly has to own his struggles, but both his managers have done him no favors too many times in the playoffs. Pitching him on short rest, bringing him out of the pen, etc...not everybody is built to be used like that.

Im not worried about Buehler. Too early. He’s been very solid in the playoffs so far in his career too.

Yeah, I don’t have a ton of faith in Roberts in the playoffs.

Kershaw certainly has to own his struggles, but both his managers have done him no favors too many times in the playoffs. Pitching him on short rest, bringing him out of the pen, etc...not everybody is built to be used like that.

I think they need to trade for a starter.

In a 60 game season with so many teams making the playoffs...who knows? I think the would be favorites aren’t as big of favorites in a weird season like this as they would be normally.
The first round, which is best 2 out of 3 series, will randomize everything. Then it is followed by only slightly less random best 3 out of 5 series. The chances for the best teams winning the World Series have never been worse.

Not surprised. That's what it looked like when it happened. How long does that usually put you out for? I'm thinking it would be too optimistic that he would be ready to go to start next season?

Not surprised. That's what it looked like when it happened. How long does that usually put you out for? I'm thinking it would be too optimistic that he would be ready to go to start next season?
6-9 months for a torn Achilles.
It isn’t 12 months like a ACL to regain full strength.

He should be back by June 2021 IMO with perfect rehab maybe May.

No way 6 months for an achilles.

The rehabilitation will be rigorous and take between nine and 12 months. Durant can expect to wear a cast or walking boot for six to 12 weeks. While the Achilles tendon in his right leg heals, his leg muscle will weaken.

HOFCeluck and DMDMD could probably give us actual info. I've heard 12-18 months for most of us weekend warriors, but up to a year for the professional athlete.

I may have jumped the gun on that. Zach Britton ruptured his in December 2017, and was back pitching in June 2018.

My bad.

I think they need to trade for a starter.

I wouldn't do any "win-now" trades this year. Stick with whatever you have.

1. We don't even know if the season will end.
2. The playoffs with 16 teams, and 2 of 3 series, will be a total crapshoot.
3. Even if the season does end, of all the sports, the MLB season seems to be the biggest joke and asterisk season of them all -- I see the winner this year as totally illegitimate in MLB ... unlike the NBA or NHL.

Win now trades seem to be a real losing proposition this year.

The people on this thread hoping and wanting the season to be cancelled are people with no rooting interest Red Sox and Mets fans who's teams have no shot and would hate to see the Yankees looking as good as they are and the team they have win the world series. I see right through it. Some claim to be longtime die hard Yankee fans but no real Yankee fan this year and this team we have would want to miss a chance for their team to win a world series.

You're the biggest clown in board history. WANT?

Gary Cohen: "If the Mets win this, they will be 30-37 over the last three seasons when Jacob DeGrom starts a game."

He said this with the Mets holding a 7-2 lead with 2 outs and a strike in the 9th inning with the Braves having a single runner on 1st base.
Disgusting

So the Dodgers are +29 on run differential with a 7-4 record.

When they win are they just clubbing the other team or what?

Runner looking out the window at Kaiser and chip-

1596554975394.png

I wouldn't do any "win-now" trades this year. Stick with whatever you have.

1. We don't even know if the season will end.
2. The playoffs with 16 teams, and 2 of 3 series, will be a total crapshoot.
3. Even if the season does end, of all the sports, the MLB season seems to be the biggest joke and asterisk season of them all -- I see the winner this year as totally illegitimate in MLB ... unlike the NBA or NHL.

Win now trades seem to be a real losing proposition this year.

Fair points. I’m not thinking a one yr rental tho. They need an ace.

Caring about public health (i.e., people's lives) more than baseball is definitely selfish.

It's not when it's not a public health risk when your dealing with pro athletes who are not in that vulnerable demographic. They were all given the option to opt out of the season. Btw how bout giving the baseball fan who has been deprived off any sports for 4 and half months before baseball started back up who might be out of work because of this pandemic or maybe lost or on the verge of losing their business or the person dealing with covid health wise themself our a family member or friend but watching a baseball game on tv takes their mind off whatever they might be dealing with. Then call me selfish then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom