2020 MLB Season... | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

The deGrom stat is crazy. Two time cy young winner and the Mets barely win with him

The thing that really gets me is, especially last year, it's not like they were a bad team! They were 86-76 last year! They were 14-18 when the guy who won the Cy Young started (71 win pace) and 72-58 (90 win pace) when he didn't start!

The deGrom stat is crazy. Two time cy young winner and the Mets barely win with him

One thing to consider is as the #1 starter, it often sets up where deGrom is going against the other team's ace so it may not be exactly easy to score runs for him. I feel like I'm not adding much to the conversation but just my initial thought.

One thing to consider is as the #1 starter, it often sets up where deGrom is going against the other team's ace so it may not be exactly easy to score runs for him. I feel like I'm not adding much to the conversation but just my initial thought.

It's a point, but generally, most teams pitching schedules are thrown off by the second week of the season anyway, between guys getting skipped, mismatched days off, rainouts, etc.

Just off the top of my head, I know he started OD Last year against Scherzer. Which was one of the games they actually won when he started

when the mets dont choose to not hit for his starts, they choose to blow the save.

its uncanny.

The thing that really gets me is, especially last year, it's not like they were a bad team! They were 86-76 last year! They were 14-18 when the guy who won the Cy Young started (71 win pace) and 72-58 (90 win pace) when he didn't start!
when the mets dont choose to not hit for his starts, they choose to blow the save.

its uncanny.
It’s embarrassing. Bullpen and offense letting down a back to back cy young winner. Really crazy.

Shows you how pitcher win/loss is so misleading. Rick Porcello on the Sox went 17-7 with a 4.28 era. Not bad by any means, but not elite.

It’s embarrassing. Bullpen and offense letting down a back to back cy young winner. Really crazy.

Shows you how pitcher win/loss is so misleading. Rick Porcello on the Sox went 17-7 with a 4.28 era. Not bad by any means, but not elite.
The 2018 Red Sox scored a lot of runs for Porcello.
He is a pitcher who throws to contact and eats a lot of innings. Those type of pitchers tend to have higher ERAs because they aren’t nimbling around the plate.

Porcello was cooked after last year. He needed to go to the NL without a DH.

DeGrom is like Pedro in 1999-2000 he didn’t get a lot of run support those years but still had a way better W/L.

My fantasy league got rid of wins in our categories for QS. I think QS are now overrated.
6 Innings 3 ERs or 4.50 era is considered quality.

Baseball has become to obsessed with analytics in front offices.

He is a pitcher who throws to contact and eats a lot of innings. Those type of pitchers tend to have higher ERAs because they aren’t nimbling around the plate.

DeGrom is like Pedro in 1999-2000 he didn’t get a lot of run support those years but still had a way better W/L.

My fantasy league got rid of wins in our categories for QS. I think QS are now overrated.

That's a nicer way of saying "those types of pitchers tend ot have higher ERAs because they aren't as good"

on QS; in this day and age, not a lot of pitchers even consistently go 6 IP. Only 25 guys last year had more than 20 starts lasting 6 IP or more, not even 1 per team

Stop being selfish and hope the season gets cancelled. I like to know who your team is. The point is the season will continue and a world series will be played.
Best post this forum’s ever seen

Teams are required to provide outdoor, covered spaces for the visiting team to minimize time spent indoors. Both teams must also have dedicated spaces where they can observe social distancing during rain delays.

Teams must reduce their traveling parties to only personnel who are absolutely essential to playing games. All staff and players must wear face coverings at all times in hotels in the road except for when alone in their rooms.

On the road, staff and players must notify their club compliance officer if they intend to leave the hotel for any reason. At home, staff members and players are now PROHIBITED from visiting bars, lounges, malls or other places in which larger groups gather.

Any covered individual found to be flagrantly violating these protocols, including refusing to wear a face covering after being reminded, can be banned from further participation in the 2020 season, following a written warning.

Last edited:

I think quality starts is a simple stat that is underrated.
6/3 is not great, but its decent, and its the bare minimum to get the stat. Most quality starts will be above that.
I also think managers tend to overuse the bullpen (which burns them at times in regular season) so a starter that can go a decent 6 innings consistently always has value on the field IMO.

Mets, Jets, Nets ... coincidence?

coincidence.gif

6 times worse than the flu.
It depends on how bad you get either one. I've knock on wood never had Covid but some have and don't have severe symptoms. I had the Flu really bad once. I couldn't get out of bed for a week. My joints were aching like I've never experienced before. I was throwing up so much I really thought my insides were going to explode. The Flu can be really serious as well.

It depends on how bad you get either one. I've knock on wood never had Covid but some have and don't have severe symptoms. I had the Flu really bad once. I couldn't get out of bed for a week. My joints were aching like I've never experienced before. I was throwing up so much I really thought my insides were going to explode. The Flu can be really serious as well.

I was actually speaking of deaths

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom