2020 MLB Season... | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

This one is over I am afraid. Don't see the Braves having enough. Dodgers are the better team.

This one is over I am afraid. Don't see the Braves having enough. Dodgers are the better team.

is this some sort of reverse jinx?

I have no dog in this fight, but I expect the Braves to come back.

The Dodgers were the better team but wow that baserunning blunder by the Braves is going to stick with me for awhile. Just ridiculous. Cannot happen!

And now all the typical Braves "fans" will act like this season was a complete failure. Disappointing the way they lost but hardly a failure. Lousy sports town.

The Dodgers were the better team but wow that baserunning blunder by the Braves is going to stick with me for awhile. Just ridiculous. Cannot happen!

And now all the typical Braves "fans" will act like this season was a complete failure. Disappointing the way they lost but hardly a failure. Lousy sports town.

The franchise is set up for success for years to come. So much young, top-end, talent on the roster.

The franchise is set up for success for years to come. So much young, top-end, talent on the roster.

Agree completely. I'm very excited about the young pitching with Fried, Soroka, Anderson and now Bryce Wilson showing something. Still have Freeman signed for 1 more year and we have Albies and Ocuma signed until they hit free agency so we can budget based on knowing those numbers. We need to figure out how to replace Ozuna if we can't re-sign him. That will be huge because he had a monster year. Would like to find a way to get Ender Inciarte's contract off the books because he hasn't lived up to it.

Baseball is so odd - kid making his 10th career start is your game 7 starter against a bullpen game for the best team in baseball. Nobody hits over 250 let alone 300, nobody can run the bases or move a runner along, most outfielders can't reach or fail to hit the proper cut off. The game used to be a poem and now its more like a thrash metal song. I prefer the old way, but I'm old.

Baseball is so odd - kid making his 10th career start is your game 7 starter against a bullpen game for the best team in baseball. Nobody hits over 250 let alone 300, nobody can run the bases or move a runner along, most outfielders can't reach or fail to hit the proper cut off. The game used to be a poem and now its more like a thrash metal song. I prefer the old way, but I'm old.

I can't argue the fundamentals are sorely lacking in many instances and it drives me crazy also.

1603123745545.png

The Dodgers were the better team but wow that baserunnin g blunder by the Braves is going to stick with me for awhile. Just ridiculous. Cannot happen!

Lots of talk about the Braves and their bad base running (although, I'm only going to ding Riley, and to a much lesser extent, Markakis). There has been little discussion of the number of fine plays made by Turner on a single batted ball. There is a still photo out there of his diving, parallel to the ground, to make the tag for the first out. The effort is worthy of a 25 year old NFL WR, let alone a 35 year old baseball player.

Lots of talk about the Braves and their bad base running (although, I'm only going to ding Riley, and to a much lesser extent, Markakis). There has been little discussion of the number of fine plays made by Turner on a single batted ball. There is a still photo out there of his diving, parallel to the ground, to make the tag for the first out. The effort is worthy of a 25 year old NFL WR, let alone a 35 year old baseball player.

Reality is, when you lose a 1 run game in game 7, you’re going to focus on the big mistakes or near misses.

If the Braves had comeback and won 5-4, we’d be talking about the play where the ball bounced perfectly for the second baseman to throw Taylor out at home, when Turner was up next. Dodgers would be kicking themselves for that and for leaving guys on base.

And yeah, Turner did a heck of a job to turn that into two outs.

Urias really came through. Guy is big time.

Hopefully Bellinger is ok. Would be tragically ridiculous for the guy to sideline himself by celebrating what ended up being the game winning HR too hard.

Those HR robbing catches he and Mookie made all series were just amazing.

Urias really came through. Guy is big time.

Hopefully Bellinger is ok. Would be tragically ridiculous for the guy to sideline himself by celebrating what ended up being the game winning HR too hard.

Those HR robbing catches he and Mookie made all series were just amazing.
Saw him say that he's done it before and no big deal. One of my shoulders pops out like that from time to time. Sore, but not debilitating. And I don't have access to the trainers and rehab these guys do.

They haven't been to an nlcs in 20 years. And lost by a run to the best team in baseball in a game 7 id call it a success.

Among the worst. And yet they keep building new stadiums.

I don't know that Tampa/St. Pete is a whole lot better. But that (Devil) Rays organization is top-notch, and the locals ought to build them a decent place to play.

Among the worst. And yet they keep building new stadiums.

I don't know that Tampa/St. Pete is a whole lot better. But that (Devil) Rays organization is top-notch, and the locals ought to build them a decent place to play.

Yeah, it’s crazy to me that Turner Field isn’t even around anymore. I still considered that the Braves new stadium, and now they’ve got another new one!

The Georgia Dome too. Only around for 25 years or so?

Yeah, it’s crazy to me that Turner Field isn’t even around anymore. I still considered that the Braves new stadium, and now they’ve got another new one!

The Georgia Dome too. Only around for 25 years or so?
Turner Field still exists. It was reconfigured for use as Georgia State's football stadium.

Re umpires--

I didn't follow the game closely enough this season to know, but did a bunch of umpires opt out/retire this year? It just seems like there are a lot of new names (to me, anyway).
The answer is yes. Around 1 of 7 decided to sit this season out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom