2020 MLB Season... | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Other guys had there issues as well. Just take his two starts against the Sox in '18 They scored 2 runs in the first inning of each start. Got his team behind right from the jump. And to make matters worse, the Dodgers actually complained about Red Sox fans being too close to the bull pen during his warm ups. They have only been playing there for over 100 years. His ERA is what it is. Tampa bay is perfect for him. If the Dodgers lose this time...

And his era doesn’t tell the entire story. Not sure what some random Red Sox bullpen story has to do with a deeper a analysis of the data.

Last edited:
And his era doesn’t tell the entire story. Not sure what some random Red Sox bullpen story has to do with a deeper a analysis of the data.
Just a story about their whining and excuse making. But if you want to make a deeper analysis that somehow makes him a post season ace, knock yourself out. His numbers in the post season scream to me average at best. And the thing is, Clayton is called by some as the best pitcher since Koufax. Or at the very least Pedro. Yet for me, gun to my head, life on the line, I can name a lot of pitchers I would take over him in a big game. A lot. That is really all I am saying. Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:
Just a story about their whining and excuse making. But if you want to make a deeper analysis that somehow makes him a post season ace, knock yourself out. His numbers in the post season scream to me average at best. And the think is, Clayton is called by some as the best pitcher since Koufax. Or at the very least Pedro. yet for me, gun to my head, life on the line, I can name a lot of pitchers I would take over him in a big game. A lot. That is really all I am saying. Feel free to disagree.

Not seeing the part where I said any of that info made him a post season ace. Tho you seem to agree with me. His post season performance has been average. He’s perceived as being below average.

I specifically said none of this info absolves him. Provides some interesting context. My opinion of course.

Not seeing the part where I said any of that info made him a post season ace. Tho you seem to agree with me. His post season performance has been average. He’s perceived as being below average.

I specifically said none of this info absolves him. Provides some interesting context. My opinion of course.
I think his numbers are almost the definition of average. My point is that for a pitcher of his statue, that really isn't good enough.

MLB radio had some interesting analysis on Kershaw’s post season stats.

14 of his 17 inherited runners have scored. 82%. The league average is about 30%. FWIW if his pen was league average in those situations he’d have about a 3.50 post season era.

He has started on short rest 6 times. For comparison Bumgardner 0 short rest starts. Verlander 1.

He has been bad in relief. Not great on short rest. You would like to think he could overcome these challenges but he has also been continuously put in positions where success is less likely. Oh and the scumbag Astros used a history altering cheating scheme to beat him.

None of this absolves him but a ring this year would make it all moot. At least for Dodger fans.

Yup. Only people who actually really watch all these games know that stuff though. His managers have moronically used him like he’s some magic pill. Majority of his struggles were pitching on short rest, being brought out of the pen, or being left in too long. Did not know that inherited runners stat, that’s interesting.

Kershaw was lights out at Dodgers Stadium in game 1 of the 2017 World Series. Got hit hard in Houston. Wonder what the difference was?

So far this year he has been used “normally”, and has pitched 2 amazing games, 1 good game, and 1 so so game(5 innings, 4 runs was his worst outing)...and frankly that’s all I care about right now. We’re trying to win a World Series and he’s been an ace these playoffs.

Justin Turner has been underrated for a while.
He has been the Dodgers most consistent player for 8 years.

He’s been an absolute rock in the field and at the plate.

Kershaw and Jansen have been career Dodgers and among the best at their positions, and then you’ve got Pedro Baez - career Dodger and key reliever the whole time, and Turner who has been a major cog for almost the whole run. 8 straight playoffs for the first 2, 7 for Turner and Báez.

He’s been an absolute rock in the field and at the plate.

Kershaw and Jansen have been career Dodgers and among the best at their positions, and then you’ve got Pedro Baez - career Dodger and key reliever the whole time, and Turner who has been a major cog for almost the whole run. 8 straight playoffs for the first 2, 7 for Turner and Báez.
Your welcome. Still can't believe we gave up on him.

Last edited:
Your welcome. Still can't believe we have up on him.

Turner, Muncy, and Taylor...3 starters, who were just “guys” before we got them. Dodgers front office has been phenomenal at finding guys like that. 3 of our 8 everyday starters.

Buehler: 3-1, 2.36 in the playoffs. In 61 innings. He doesn’t have the win totals to draw attention to it yet, but he’s been an absolute monster the last 3 years in the playoffs.

edit: 83 Ks in 61 innings. Jeez.

Turner, Muncy, and Taylor...3 starters, who were just “guys” before we got them. Dodgers front office has been phenomenal at finding guys like that. 3 of our 8 everyday starters.

And tons of home grown talent including Segar , smith , bellinger , Pederson , almost all the pitchers ...

And Betts was a trade ... which they used the depth of their system to obtain .. Without hurting their big league roster ..

That’s all draft and development .. their payroll is high because they are able to resign their own talent ..

Buehler: 3-1, 2.36 in the playoffs. In 61 innings. He doesn’t have the win totals to draw attention to it yet, but he’s been an absolute monster the last 3 years in the playoffs.

edit: 83 Ks in 61 innings. Jeez.

Those pants though

Kind of shocking how antiquated the process is. Gotta be almost the same as 100 years ago...

how the heck do these not cost 100 dollars each? talk about manual labor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom