2020 MLB Season... | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

With the Yankees eliminated, this is the World Series I wanted. In a year with a postseason extra-susceptible to randomness, we get a match-up between the two best regular season teams. I also believe these are the two best-run franchises (from a player personnel perspective) of the last five to ten years.

Last edited:
200.gif.cf.gif

Albies and Acuna, Jr signed long term deals already, bought out the pre-arbitration years. I gather neither are represented by Scott Boras.

They signed stupid deals and cost themselves tens of millions

Way to place no relevance on your regular season Rob. August and September no one will be watching.

They better cut the regular season to 82 games if they’re going to have the same number of teams as the NBA and NHL... AND ... those leagues have longer playoff series the first couple rounds .. it makes zero sense

Clutchton Kershaw improves to 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA in the 2020 postseason.

50% swing and miss rate tonight which is the highest he’s ever had in his career ... regular or postseason ...

Only threw 78 pitches also so should be in good shape for his next start.

Obviously I just want to win in any way possible, but if Kershaw were to win the clinching game in his next start - that would make for a great moment.

They signed stupid deals and cost themselves tens of millions

Bird in the hand...if Albies turns out to just be a guy he struck quick. Acuna I think we still be a FA at around 30 or so?

Ek2vZF9XEAUi8mW.jpg

John W. Henry taking the team public.
Whoopie!!!
How is the investigation into the death of the person on your yacht going Mr. Henry? But let’s focus on Bobby Kraft getting a happy ending dasher.

Bird in the hand...if Albies turns out to just be a guy he struck quick. Acuna I think we still be a FA at around 30 or so?

This isn’t football ...and these aren’t pitchers ... injury risk is very low for anything long term and Acuna is an all world talent ... I can see a little justification for Ozzie .. but acuna .. who was advising that guy ?

This isn’t football ...and these aren’t pitchers ... injury risk is very low for anything long term and Acuna is an all world talent ... I can see a little justification for Ozzie .. but acuna .. who was advising that guy ?

Bryce Harper in his first seven years made about 47 million. Then years 8-10 would've been 75 mil or so except for the pro-rated COVID year. It's not that far off for Acuna, and he'll still be young enough to get a crack at FA.

Clutchton Kershaw improves to 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA in the 2020 postseason.
Yes. Let's forget about the past. He is like Mark McGuire. I'm not here to talk about the past.

Ek2vZF9XEAUi8mW.jpg

John W. Henry taking the team public.
Whoopie!!!
How is the investigation into the death of the person on your yacht going Mr. Henry? But let’s focus on Bobby Kraft getting a happy ending dasher.
Shouldn't you be firing some reporter? And wow. A sad person kills themselves and you use it to take a shot at john Henry? That is both sad and pathetic. And it doesn't change what Bob Kraft did. Honestly, I just lost a lot of respect for you. And not for nothing, but Kraft's team had a multiple murderer on their team and I never and would never tie that to Kraft. SMH

Last edited:
Yes. Let's forget about the past. He is like Mark McGuire. I'm not here to talk about the past.

MLB radio had some interesting analysis on Kershaw’s post season stats.

14 of his 17 inherited runners have scored. 82%. The league average is about 30%. FWIW if his pen was league average in those situations he’d have about a 3.50 post season era.

He has started on short rest 6 times. For comparison Bumgardner 0 short rest starts. Verlander 1.

He has been bad in relief. Not great on short rest. You would like to think he could overcome these challenges but he has also been continuously put in positions where success is less likely. Oh and the scumbag Astros used a history altering cheating scheme to beat him.

None of this absolves him but a ring this year would make it all moot. At least for Dodger fans.

MLB radio had some interesting analysis on Kershaw’s post season stats.

14 of his 17 inherited runners have scored. 82%. The league average is about 30%. FWIW if his pen was league average in those situations he’d have about a 3.50 post season era.

He has started on short rest 6 times. For comparison Bumgardner 0 short rest starts. Verlander 1.

He has been bad in relief. Not great on short rest. You would like to think he could overcome these challenges but he has also been continuously put in positions where success is less likely. Oh and the scumbag Astros used a history altering cheating scheme to beat him.

None of this absolves him but a ring this year would make it all moot. At least for Dodger fans.
Other guys had there issues as well. Just take his two starts against the Sox in '18 They scored 2 runs in the first inning of each start. Got his team behind right from the jump. And to make matters worse, the Dodgers actually complained about Red Sox fans being too close to the bull pen during his warm ups. They have only been playing there for over 100 years. His ERA is what it is. Tampa bay is perfect for him. If the Dodgers lose this time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom