2020 MLB Season... | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

I love Mookie. Great player. He wouldn't resign with the Red Sox. There is nothing that could be done to change his mind. He had a reason and it's a reason that I don't disagree with. But Mookie said that he was going to test the free agent market because he owed it to the other players to do that. He is traded to the Dodgers and signs within two weeks. Now, I wouldn't have given him that contract for 12 years. But regardless, he wasn't signing with the Sox. And not for nothing, you can't ever get even in a trade with a guy like that but Verdugo is a really good player and Jeter Downs is one of the two best prospects in the Red Sox system.

Still a great game, but man, that will be talked about for a long time. Snell had 9 strikeouts including 2 each for Betts, Seager, and Turner. He looked pissed. Mouthed the f word.
cash's book says don't go through the lineup a 3rd time

screw the book. great pitchers don't need pitch counts. jack morris threw way over 100 pitches in his brilliant 10 inning game 7 win for the twins

Still a great game, but man, that will be talked about for a long time. Snell had 9 strikeouts including 2 each for Betts, Seager, and Turner. He looked pissed. Mouthed the f word.
I just don't get it the guy has nasty stuff. He has pitched as well as he has all year and you bring in a struggling Anderson.

I mean given the circumstances that’s probably the worst decision I’ve ever seen made in a baseball game. That’s so blatantly bad.
terry collins says "hold my beer"

It's an easy thing to say. It might even be a nice thing to say. He wanted to leave. I'm not guessing. he signed a deal with the Dodgers two weeks after getting traded there. I don't blame him either.

The “book” doesn’t even support the move .. Betts has been quite bad vs lefties all year and destroyed RHP ... and Anderson has been getting lit up recently ..

The “eye test” doesn’t support the move either ...

So the only metric he was using was a preordained one ... and that requires zero intuition .. why even have managers ?

I mean given the circumstances that’s probably the worst decision I’ve ever seen made in a baseball game. That’s so blatantly bad.
?? How about letting Pedro go out for another inning after he threw 100 pitches and shook hands with all of his teammates thinking he was out of the game?

The “book” doesn’t even support the move .. Betts has been quite bad vs lefties all year and destroyed RHP ... and Anderson has been getting lit up recently ..

The “eye test” doesn’t support the move either ...

So the only metric he was using was a preordained one ... and that requires zero intuition .. why even have managers ?
Maybe Snell has struggled with Betts his whole career. He did say that Betts was the toughest guy he has ever faced.

?? How about letting Pedro go out for another inning after he threw 100 pitches and shook hands with all of his teammates thinking he was out of the game?
A. At least he rode his horse to the finish line
B. I’m 23 so my earliest memory as a Sox fan is watching the year after with my dad, just a little before my time ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom