2020 MLB Season... | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

The Rays will be a 3rd place team this year. We will be healthy and better, and the Blue Jays are better then them. Btw not entitled. Using lost money during the pandemic is just a reason not to spend money.

You have zero credibility when it comes to the Rays. You spent the whole year saying they would falter, and they kicked the crap out of the Yankees at every turn, booted them from the playoffs, and made it all the way to the World Series! Lol!

McCann a much better fit , better price point and JT regression will be much steeper over the life of the contract I have a feeling.. McCanns numbers the last 2-3 yrs are pretty much the same as JT for the money saved
I love the new owner trolling Buster though on the status of the deal..

You have zero credibility when it comes to the Rays. You spent the whole year saying they would falter, and they kicked the crap out of the Yankees at every turn, booted them from the playoffs, and made it all the way to the World Series! Lol!

We lost our number Severino our 2 starter for the season in spring training, Kahnle one of our best relievers, and Paxton our number 3 starter. None of those guys we had for the postseason. During the season when the RAYS beat us we never had our full lineup.

We lost our number Severino our 2 starter for the season in spring training, Kahnle one of our best relievers, and Paxton our number 3 starter. None of those guys we had for the postseason. During the season when the RAYS beat us we never had our full lineup.

So what? Guess the Yankees were the only team with injuries.

I would guess you don't follow the Rays very closely. Take a few minutes and discover the long list of expected contributors who didn't play for them this past season due to injury.

I'm really hoping the Mets come away with Realmuto. I would "settle" for McCann, Bauer, and Springer tho...

I'm really hoping the Mets come away with Realmuto. I would "settle" for McCann, Bauer, and Springer tho...
That would be a dream offseason. If the coupons were still here Trevor May would have been the only move.

2ND most valuable sports franchise (according to Forbes) in 2020. I don't care about the financial hits of the Covid 19 pandemic or Michael Kay on YES yesterday saying how the Yankees lost most money and was impacted most by not having the revenue of having fans in the stands. I don't care we Yankee fans put our time and money into supporting this team on TV with our YES NETWORK subscriptions or when we over the years like my family go to games at the stadium and between tickets, parking (If we drive, other times we have gone on charter buses to the games) and concessions etc some times spending upwards of 100 dollars or more a game for a 3 game weekend home series for a family of 5 myself, girlfriend, our daughter, and the grandparents. We have the money and as George said the Yankee fans and the people of NY deserve the best. Plus we need a catcher.

sure you've never called WFAN? I could've sworn I heard this on the Steve Somers show at 1:00 AM

sure you've never called WFAN? I could've sworn I heard this on the Steve Somers show at 1:00 AM

Never. Point is Money should never be an issue for the Yankees. Yankee fans don't care.

Never. Point is Money should never be an issue for the Yankees. Yankee fans don't care.

There is a luxury tax that is rather punitive. Yanks cannot pay Cole, Stanton, will need to pay Judge, and go our and sign everyone else.

Lol. Your owners do. This isn't 1998 anymore and George is not running the Yankees. Times have changed the sport is different

There is a luxury tax that is rather punitive. Yanks cannot pay Cole, Stanton, will need to pay Judge, and go our and sign everyone else.

Actually they can. Our payroll was much higher in 2009 and we brought in CC, TEX, and Burnet in that offseason. Already had AROD'S contract. Don't give me we are going to have to pay Judge coming up. Judge is a team player he won't cost as much as you think.

This all goes back to Hal. We can afford anybody we want too. Always have always will.

Actually they can. Our payroll was much higher in 2009 and we brought in CC, TEX, and Burnet in that offseason. Already had AROD'S contract. Don't give me we are going to have to pay Judge coming up. Judge is a team player he won't cost as much as you think.

This all goes back to Hal. We can afford anybody we want too. Always have always will.
Lol ya Judge doesn't really want to get paid.

This is what CuseRunner thinks is going on in the Yankee Stadium basement:

printing money.gif

Yankee fans should just hope Judge asks for what Mookie Betts got in arbitration.

Mookie got 10.5 million year one in arbitration. He went to arbitration that year and won.

Then signed a 2 year 47 million contract so they wouldn’t have to go arbitration again.

Judge will want to get paid.
Yankees will be stupid to go arbitration with him he will start costing what he deserves.

Judge made 8.5 million last year.
Yankees can make that 12.5 million atleast this year probably more.
Then over 20 million next year.

Judge is going to be on the market for 25 million. Hal, like the other owners, isn't going to pay a luxury tax, give up draft picks, to pay guys for past performance.

LOLLLLL at expecting Judge to give the Yankees a huge discount. Can’t wait to see you turn on him when he doesn’t.

LOLLLLL at expecting Judge to give the Yankees a huge discount. Can’t wait to see you turn on him when he doesn’t.

Your not a Yankee fan so it doesn't compute with you. Home Grown superstar king of the city. He is a team first guy he has no ego. He want's to win multiple championships here with the Yankees. Same age as Mookie Betts. Mookie got 12 years 365. Judge would probably take 7 years 175 or 8 years 180. That is totally fair given his injury history. Judge is a different cat he won't hold the Yankees hostage which could hamper future team spending (which shouldn't matter anyway like I said being how much money the franchise is worth and makes)

Your not a Yankee fan so it doesn't compute with you. Home Grown superstar king of the city. He is a team first guy he has no ego. He want's to win multiple championships here with the Yankees. Same age as Mookie Betts. Mookie got 12 years 365. Judge would probably take 7 years 175 or 8 years 180. That is totally fair given his injury history. Judge is a different cat he won't hold the Yankees hostage which could hamper future team spending (which shouldn't matter anyway like I said being how much money the franchise is worth and makes)
There is no way a dude is just going to give up nearly $200 million.

Lol

There is no way a dude is just going to give up nearly $200 million.

Judge is a different guy. He the face of the franchise and probably the face of NY pro sports. He knows this.

Prediction: 8 years 200 million (25 million a year)

If he doesn't then he is not the man Yankee fans and New Yorkers have believed he is.

Judge is a different guy. He the face of the franchise and probably the face of NY pro sports. He knows this.

Prediction: 8 years 200 million (25 million a year)

If he doesn't then he is not the man Yankee fans and New Yorkers have believed he is.
Like, he isn’t a moron?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom