2020 NY Football Giants Season... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2020 NY Football Giants Season...

I don't live and die by this stuff (funny what some bad seasons and a societal upheaval will do) but Jones seems good enough and smart enough and they need a lot more talent. It's such a game of attrition. If this were basketball yeah I'd take the better player.

I'm watching a generational talent possibly not ever pan out as it.

For as silly as it sounds I'm somewhat wary of guys that have the best lines, the best backs, the best WRs beating up on Wake and NSCU.
How about Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State?

How about Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State?

Haven't seen QBs really light it up from those places on Sundays lately either.

The local football team in DC has a guy from tOSU often times lost out there and he looked like superman in Columbus.

But like I said, just my opinion.

Haven't seen QBs really light it up from those places on Sundays lately either.

The local football team in DC has a guy from tOSU often times lost out there and he looked like superman in Columbus.

But like I said, just my opinion.
I'm saying Lawrence has beaten elite teams as well. Not that those schools have had great QB success.

Going from the college game to the NFL is hard, period. Translating QBs to the NFL is also one of the most challenging projections for any player in any sport. But Lawrence seems to check a lot of boxes, including winning.

I'm saying Lawrence has beaten elite teams as well. Not that those schools have had great QB success.

Going from the college game to the NFL is hard, period. Translating QBs to the NFL is also one of the most challenging projections for any player in any sport. But Lawrence seems to check a lot of boxes, including winning.

Understood, got it.

As far at the NYG go, they need a bunch more help, still. It would help if they didn't draft guys that rob people and trade picks for guys they can get as FAs, but it it is what is.

I guess what I am saying is I'd rather have Jones and maybe 3 or 4 other guys out there better than it would look with TL and some lesser guys.

Understood, got it.

As far at the NYG go, they need a bunch more help, still. It would help if they didn't draft guys that rob people and trade picks for guys they can get as FAs, but it it is what is.

I guess what I am saying is I'd rather have Jones and maybe 3 or 4 other guys out there better than it would look with TL and some lesser guys.

This is definitely a fair take. I'm just higher on Lawrence and likely much lower on DJ than most NYG fans.

No doubt we need a bunch more help. Totally aligned there.

Also, I don't have faith in Gettelman and it's obviously way too early to truly evaluate Judge.

This is definitely a fair take. I'm just higher on Lawrence and likely much lower on DJ than most NYG fans.

No doubt we need a bunch more help. Totally aligned there.

Also, I don't have faith in Gettelman and it's obviously way too early to truly evaluate Judge.

I can see that. It would be great to have Lawrence, but concerned about all the other needs that pick can get the team. And DG is a bit hit / miss guy right now.

Wow. Sterling Shepard on IR. Turf Toe really ? Not going to go on but seriously. He Cant stay healthy.

Wow. Sterling Shepard on IR. Turf Toe really ? Not going to go on but seriously. He Cant stay healthy.

They have a 3 game IR this year. He's not out for the season.

Okay but point is. Every year he can't stay healthy we have him and Engram. Turf Toe really ?
Have you ever had turf toe? It hurt like an SOB. No way anyone can be close to 100% in a sport that requires speed, agility, and the ability to turn on a dime.

That 49ers team is a walking mash unit.
I can’t believe the Giants aren’t pressuring Mullens more.

This is a game you should win.

We just play loser football. Every single season.

Type of team, in a tie game, to commit a penalty on 3rd and 22 that gives them a first down and leads to a TD drive, and then immediately throw a pick and give up a FG, suddenly going into half down 10.

Last edited:

Giants making Mullens looks like Joe Montana. It's sad.

We just play loser football. Every single season.

Type of team, in a tie game, to commit a penalty on 3rd and 22 that gives them a first down and leads to a TD drive, and then immediately throw a pick and give up a FG, suddenly going into half down 10.
Not sure Giants will win a game this year. Defense is bad. Offense has turnover issues. Not sure if its talent or coaching but guys shouldn't be walking into the end zone untouched.