2020 PGA Tour... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PGA Tour...

Didnt really like the Fox coverage, but still interesting.. Jumping out so early in the contract, must be some early out clause.

The United States media rights for USGA championships have been transferred to NBCUniversal (NBCU), effective immediately. As a result, NBCUniversal will broadcast the four championships the USGA will conduct in 2020: the 120th U.S. Women’s Amateur (Aug. 3-9 at Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Md.); the 120th U.S. Amateur (Aug. 10-16 at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Ore.), the 120th U.S. Open (Sept. 17-20 at Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck, N.Y.) and the 75th U.S. Women’s Open (Dec. 10-13 at Champions Golf Club in Houston, Texas).

With the COVID-19 pandemic leading to the shift in dates for the U.S. Open from June to September, finding the necessary broadcast hours presented a challenge for FOX Sports, given their commitments to the National Football League, Major League Baseball and college football. What started as an exploration of how FOX Sports and NBC/Golf Channel could work together this unique year led to a broader conversation and eventual agreement for NBCU to take over the USGA media rights. 

Fox wanted to save its money to keep the NFL.
The Us Open was always awkward on Fox.
Glad it’s back on NBC and without Johnny Miller talking about Oakmont.

Fox wanted to save its money to keep the NFL.
The Us Open was always awkward on Fox.
Glad it’s back on NBC and without Johnny Miller talking about Oakmont.

Miller was refreshingly honest when he began working in the booth, but gradually became just another old humorless crank. I think he grew angry when he saw the game had left him behind, when the fault was really his for failure to keep up. However I'm growing very tired of Nick Faldo's self-indulgent prattle - and idiot Nantz gushing all over him, calling him "Sir Nick." He seems to think everyone wants his criticisms of everyone's swing. He sounds like your old aunt and her gossipy friends nattering while knitting and sipping tea together.

Last edited:
Not having to hear Joe Buck call another second of golf is a huge plus.

Something I learned on the broadcast the other day... double hits on a chip shot are no longer a penalty under the new rules of golf. All considered one shot.

Cost me a number of strokes when I was younger, when my chipping game stank.

I know that exigent circumstances played havoc with this year's schedule. But--two tourneys in a row on the same course? They couldn't have worked something else out?

I know that exigent circumstances played havoc with this year's schedule. But--two tourneys in a row on the same course? They couldn't have worked something else out?

It was supposed to be the John Deere Classic, but they cancelled that at the end of May because there are still restrictions in the area. So they had to figure something out on short notice.

Something I learned on the broadcast the other day... double hits on a chip shot are no longer a penalty under the new rules of golf. All considered one shot.

Cost me a number of strokes when I was younger, when my chipping game stank.
Yeah. People are also forgetting you can now ground your club in a hazard. (Not bunkers). I’ve had guys complain to me on the course and I’ve had to set them straight.

that was a crazy fun round of golf a jack place today.. glad i picked a winner at 35-1..

Just saw DeChambeau make a 10 (2 balls ob) on 15 to miss the cut. Pretty much answers the tool who asked Jack how to trick up a course to stop him, LOL!

if you play stupid bad things happen.. a simple 100 yd pitch and he probably still gets to the green with a chance for par.

Course is still getting owned by long hitters. Jack knows you can only design so much defense - eventually you have to control equipment.

change 1 rule , no help from anyone on finding the ball. thats how it is for everyone else who plays golf.

I think it has actually worked out quite well in the end. The course has played very different one week vs the other, and it is interesting to see.

But I was skeptical at first as well.

I hope its carnage. I basically have everyone within 6 shots but I didnt have Rahm.. I had Day and Reavie day 1 and they both gave away multiple shots late yesterday.. No one has shot 2 rds in the 60s but Rahm has 3 if he wins he earned it. But he is a head case and he has not had that crazy hole that has gotten everyone this week at least once.. 74 iss probably enough to win for him.. Reavie played the best yesterday, made nothing and mis hit like 2 shots all day and got nothing out of it

lets see how long this goes.. first 4 groups off thru 5 holes. 1 birdie 8 bogey or worse so far thru less than 5 holes.

Stand by what I said (as did Jack this week). Course got lucky that the baking and the wind, and decision to not water, is making it unplayable. If Jack wasn't involved players would be bit--ing like crazy. Weather is the only deterry to equipment advances and that isn't a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom