2020 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule

Scott Marr let that date slip last season.

I guess we can scratch Hobart on March 31. Maybe it moves to February?

I guess we can scratch Hobart on March 31. Maybe it moves to February?

I fully expect it to unless SU is going to play again at Hobart which I really hope we dont.

My even later guess:

vs Bingo/Colgate Feb 8
vs Colgate/Bingo Feb 15
vs Army Feb 22
vs Hobart Feb 29
at Hop Mar 7
at ??? Mar 14 (Rutgers again?)
at Duke Mar 21
vs ND Mar 28 (outside)
at Albany Apr 3
at Cornell Apr 7
vs UNC Apr 11 (outside)
at UVa Apr 18
at ACCT Apr 24-26

Last edited:
My latest guess:

vs Bingo Feb 8
vs Hobart Feb 15 ??
vs Army Feb 22
at UVa Feb 29
at Hop Mar 7
vs ??? Mar 14 (outside) (Rutgers again?)
at Duke Mar 21
vs ND Mar 28 (outside)
at Albany Apr 3
at Cornell Apr 7
vs UNC Apr 11 (outside)
vs ??? Apr 18 (outside)
at ACCT Apr 24-26

UVA is moving all its conf games to the end of the regular season

"Syracuse hasn’t announced its schedule yet. The Orange will be playing all of their games outside of the Dome after March 1 because of renovations in that building.

Syracuse is on the verge of lining up an alternate site for "home'' games after that date, but the deal isn’t final yet. The Orange would use that site for both regular season games and postseason contests it might host.

Cicero-North Syracuse is one possibility for SU. Syracuse beat Duke in a home game on that field last season."

Anyone have an idea of what they might have lined up?

Further confirmation of the move of our game to later in the season - Air Force @ UVa, Sunday Mar 1, per Air Force official schedule release.

Further confirmation of the move of our game to later in the season - Air Force @ UVa, Sunday Mar 1, per Air Force official schedule release.

Pretty sure every ACC school is back loading ala the B10 now. Not a huge fan but I understand it.

When it was just 4 teams, the UVa schedule was always back-loaded. We'd play the others one week after another and the 4th week was the ACC tournament. It was always funny to see the ACC standings posted on TV, etc., because the other 3 would have 2-0, etc., records and UVa would be 0-0.

Last edited:
Rumors of Hobart on the 2/29/20, should be a home game.

Heard this was likely as SU plans to back load the early schedule as much as possible. Expect 5 home game in February.

Heard this was likely as SU plans to back load the early schedule as much as possible. Expect 5 home game in February.

That would mean starting the season on February 1st, which would be the earliest I can ever remember SU starting, or having a midweek game in February, which I don't remember them ever doing. But this season should be much different than any in the past given the Dome closure, so either are possible.

Army is always home, and if Binghamton is really on the schedule, they always play in Syracuse as well. Hobart is due in the Dome so that gives you three solid Dome games in February.

No word on if Colgate is on the schedule again, but the game is due to be in Hamilton. Can they get them to do two years in Syracuse in a row? They did with Hopkins the last two years, so not out of the realm of possibility. Albany moves out of the February slate so a new opponent will need to moved there. This is most likely Hobart if there are only four opponents for the month.

Potential February slate could look like - Colgate, Binghamton, Army, Hobart. And if there is a fifth team, someone would need to be moved up. Having only two home games after February seems kind of bonkers, maybe we are over-reacting to the Dome being closed?

This year could have been good for a neutral site game, wonder if that was/is being considered?

Season Ticket Renewal Info...

Thank you for your support of our Orange Men’s Lacrosse program as a season ticket holder. The 2020 Syracuse men's lacrosse season will feature a deep roster of returning players, a talented incoming class and a schedule filled with marquee matchups that makes for one of the nation’s most challenging slates. The home schedule includes ACC foes Notre Dame and North Carolina, with another exciting non-conference gauntlet. Head coach John Desko and the Orange are gearing up for another exciting year!

Your renewal invoice for the upcoming 2020 home season is now available on your MyCuse account. Due to the ongoing construction of the Dome roof replacement, this will be an unusual schedule, with four games played at the Dome, and two played at the Cicero-North Syracuse high school. Your season ticket will include all six games, with the games played at CNS high school being general admission (in a reserved season ticket area).

Note the season parking pass includes the four games played at the Dome, with free parking for all patrons at the games played at CNS high school.

The deadline to renew is Friday, December 6, 2019. Click here to renew today!

4 Februarys ?
ND and UNC outside.

Tix are $75 for 6 games.

Guessing they're $15 per game if you buy individually.

Last edited:
Season Ticket Renewal Info...

Thank you for your support of our Orange Men’s Lacrosse program as a season ticket holder. The 2020 Syracuse men's lacrosse season will feature a deep roster of returning players, a talented incoming class and a schedule filled with marquee matchups that makes for one of the nation’s most challenging slates. The home schedule includes ACC foes Notre Dame and North Carolina, with another exciting non-conference gauntlet. Head coach John Desko and the Orange are gearing up for another exciting year!

Your renewal invoice for the upcoming 2020 home season is now available on your MyCuse account. Due to the ongoing construction of the Dome roof replacement, this will be an unusual schedule, with four games played at the Dome, and two played at the Cicero-North Syracuse high school. Your season ticket will include all six games, with the games played at CNS high school being general admission (in a reserved season ticket area).

Note the season parking pass includes the four games played at the Dome, with free parking for all patrons at the games played at CNS high school.

The deadline to renew is Friday, December 6, 2019. Click here to renew today!

It appears we were unable to get that 5th February home game that I had heard about it. Not a great sign. Were looking at 7 or so road games, a high number for SU lacrosse to say the least.

It appears we were unable to get that 5th February home game that I had heard about it. Not a great sign. Were looking at 7 or so road games, a high number for SU lacrosse to say the least.

4 home games in Feb

At least 2 road games in March (Hop and Duke).
1 home game in March (ND at CNS), plus March 14 is open right now.

3 road games in April (UAlbany, Cornell, UVA)
1 home game in April (UNC at CNS)

6 home / 5 road / March 14 unknown.

Fit Rutgers in there somewhere.

4 home games in Feb

At least 2 road games in March (Hop and Duke).
1 home game in March (ND at CNS), plus March 14 is open right now.

3 road games in April (UAlbany, Cornell, UVA)
1 home game in April (UNC at CNS)

6 home / 5 road / March 14 unknown.

Fit Rutgers in there somewhere.

Going to be a very different schedule this year as I believe JHU has already scheduled Navy for the week we usually play them in March. I expect the 4 home games in February to be Army, Hobart and some combo of Colgate and Bingo or a similar type of team.

SU is in a tough spot for March, could be zero "home game" until April for weather and scheduling concerns. I also believe all/most of the ACC games will be backloaded to April.

Last edited:
Going to be a very different schedule this year as I believe JHU has already scheduled Navy for the week we usually play them in March. I expect the 4 home games in February to be Army, Hobart and some combo of Colgate and Bingo or a similar type of team.

SU is in a tough spot for March, could be zero "home game" until April for weather and scheduling concerns. I also believe all of the ACC games will be backloaded to April.

Navy is playing Hop on the 14th. We should be playing Hop on the 7th now.

There are also only 3 usable weekends in April: 4th (Albany Friday), 11th, and 18th. ACCT is the 24th-26th. Can't play all the ACC games in April.

The 1st weekend in May is free, but everyone else has their tournament that weekend.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom