2020 Transfer Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

So we just picked up 7 inches and 40 pounds in the last several hours.

Aka, big jump in comp so wont know until fall ball rolls around but fits the athletic profile that Cuse leans towards on D

Don't think we're done either adding transfers.

JC...the other transfer(s) youre hearing about are they offensive or defensive??

If there is a second I think defense is where it will be. Again with the caveat that nothing is for certain. Wyckoff was definitely not on my radar so hopefully there is another one out there if it makes sense.

If there is a second I think defense is where it will be. Again with the caveat that nothing is for certain. Wyckoff was definitely not on my radar so hopefully there is another one out there if it makes sense.

Thanks JC...I was hoping for another offensive player, not that they need it but was thinking someone like Bertrand or Sundown or even one of the kids from Albany, McComber or Skidders just for reinforcements given the firepower in the ACC.

Gotta be he wants to run 1st line somewhere, right? Kid is very solid. Tough loss.
I wouldn’t jump to that as a reason. He will have been on campus for 4 years and may have a specific grad school plan and/or is looking for a change. Thought it was odd that we didn’t have him on man up, but besides that I think he must have expected Dordevic to take his spot and we were giving the second middies plenty of run. Would be pretty disappointing if it’s solely because of playing time.

I wouldn’t jump to that as a reason. He will have been on campus for 4 years and may have a specific grad school plan and/or is looking for a change. Thought it was odd that we didn’t have him on man up, but besides that I think he must have expected Dordevic to take his spot and we were giving the second middies plenty of run. Would be pretty disappointing if it’s solely because of playing time.
Good player but dont think that is issue. . Bright kid who is problably pursuing a higher degree at a low cost given his academic strengths.

This blows
Both very good points and highly likely. If he can go to a Georgetown, Hopkins, etc., and grab a masters degree, kudos to him. I know he's a DC kid as well.

Good player but dont think that is issue. . Bright kid who is problably pursuing a higher degree at a low cost given his academic strengths.

This blows

I am probably in the minority here but while he was a good player I don't see this as a big loss overall. Certainly I would have preferred that Lipka had stayed especially with only being a Jr with the extra year and his familiarity with playing on the 1st and 2 line, but that said I think we have a lot of similar type of middies already on the roster and coming in the next two years. Lipka was a good overall player but he didn't really stand out in shooting or passing or dodging and ran to hot and cold when he played on the 1st line last year. I wish him the best and wouldn't mind him changing his mind but I would fee a lot worse if this was Buttermore.

I am probably in the minority here but while he was a good player I don't see this as a big loss overall. Certainly I would have preferred that Lipka had stayed especially with only being a Jr with the extra year and his familiarity with playing on the 1st and 2 line, but that said I think we have a lot of similar type of middies already on the roster and coming in the next two years. Lipka was a good overall player but he didn't really stand out in shooting or passing or dodging and ran to hot and cold when he played on the 1st line last year. I wish him the best and wouldn't mind him changing his mind but I would fee a lot worse if this was Buttermore.
The type of player that you hope can be easily replaced by an underclassman.

Agree yet disagree respectfully .His shot could be erratic but he played in seams and was equally dangerous with either hand. He move and occupied defenses that created spaces for others. He filled in competently for Dordevic on first line then lead the second line that at times was as productive as first. Recall him hitting some big shots that lead to important wins such as invert vs Army last year . May not be Constabile but gonna miss what he did for us .Wish him well.

I'm with you and no offense to Lipka, he was a fine player but I think this just opens the door for other guys who could end up being more productive. I wonder with the possibility of fall classes being online next year, plus obvious tuition costs etc. if you may start seeing more guys transferring that you didn't expect.

I agree 100% but what concerns me is why does Syracuse always have all these transfers?? No other school, unless I'm mistaken, have the # of transfers Cuse does. There are plenty of other rosters in country that have a ton of talent and those schools aren't seeing the # of transfers or decommits for that matter. Just look at the rosters of UVA and Duke. They have just as much talent as Cuse and they're not dealing with the glut of transfers out and decommits Syracuse has dealt with over the past few seasons.

Is there a systemic problem with Syracuse?? Maybe I'm an alarmist but this trend is worrisome.

I agree 100% but what concerns me is why does Syracuse always have all these transfers?? No other school, unless I'm mistaken, have the # of transfers Cuse does. There are plenty of other rosters in country that have a ton of talent and those schools aren't seeing the # of transfers or decommits for that matter. Just look at the rosters of UVA and Duke. They have just as much talent as Cuse and they're not dealing with the glut of transfers out and decommits Syracuse has dealt with over the past few seasons.

Is there a systemic problem with Syracuse?? Maybe I'm an alarmist but this trend is worrisome.

No other school has close to 60 players on the roster. Not enough playing time for everyone.

Just look at the rosters of UVA and Duke. They have just as much talent as Cuse and they're not dealing with the glut of transfers out and decommits Syracuse has dealt with over the past few seasons.

Hopkins and Maryland just to name two are close if not equal to Syracuse roster size

Not sure how Hop and Maryland got invited to the discussion. Both their rosters have been revolving doors this transfer season.

Not sure how Hop and Maryland got invited to the discussion. Both their rosters have been revolving doors this transfer season.

they got invited bc you said roster at Cuse was 60 people and I stated that shouldn't be an issue as other prevalent programs have similar roster sizes and aren't seeing the # of transfers or decommits as Syracuse is, hence Maryland and Hopkins...was addressing YOUR comment.

Why wouldn't you be curious as to an underlying issue that is impacting the program?? We now have more transfers in the portal than any other program coupled with the decommits we've seen over the past couple seasons. NO one saw the Lipka one coming and I agree with Jeremy that it's not a huge loss I just don't understand why no other program sees the bleeding with players that Syracuse does.

Without any inside information it may be as simple as they've had a large roster for quite some time now and they do red-shirt a lot of players every year, probably as many as any other top program. I would agree that from a lacrosse perspective the Fernandez and Lipka transfers are a little strange but the other guys in the portal aren't, they're all guys that want to play and clearly don't think they will either next season or in the future.

Also i think it's fair to point out some of the transfers they've been able to bring in over the years (Scanlon, Mariano, Staats, Cody Jamieson, Sid Smith to name some off the top of my head).

they got invited bc you said roster at Cuse was 60 people and I stated that shouldn't be an issue as other prevalent programs have similar roster sizes and aren't seeing the # of transfers or decommits as Syracuse is, hence Maryland and Hopkins...was addressing YOUR comment.

Why wouldn't you be curious as to an underlying issue that is impacting the program?? We now have more transfers in the portal than any other program coupled with the decommits we've seen over the past couple seasons. NO one saw the Lipka one coming and I agree with Jeremy that it's not a huge loss I just don't understand why no other program sees the bleeding with players that Syracuse does.

Other than Fernandez and Lipka, did we lose anyone who even saw the field much? Nelson wasn't going to play except in mop up time, Strang's fate was sealed when Porter decided to return, that leaves the Kims and Donnelly who certainly weren't going to start in 2021. Should we have benched Trim, Dordy and Curry just to keep the 4th and 5th mids happy?

Why wouldn't you transfer to a smaller program where you can pay half as much tuition and play twice as much.

Right now the Syracuse roster is only 55 counting the 12 incoming recruits and the one incoming transfer .

Breakdown is 10 attackman, 14 midfielders, 6 ssdm, 16 poles, 6 fogos, 3 goalies

Right now the Syracuse roster is only 55 counting the 12 incoming recruits and the one incoming transfer .

Breakdown is 10 attackman, 14 midfielders, 6 ssdm, 16 poles, 6 fogos, 3 goalies

3 goalies?

Porter
McPeak
Katch
Thompson
Duffy

Maybe Klan sticks around too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member