2020 Transfer Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

It looks like people were talking to soon about Notre Dame getting into the act.

It looks like people were talking to soon about Notre Dame getting into the act.

One day to early on my post, two good pick ups for them especially Gallagher.

Fernandez reportedly heading to JHU. Guess bit warmer, bit closer and bit more prestigious degree.

Great wing player, always enjoyed the double poling for aceoffs and the wins and mayhem it created.

Wish him well other than when we face the BlueJays. Think this was in works while Petro still coach , wouldn't surprise to see Millman bring in a Big Red or two next.

Fernandez reportedly heading to JHU. Guess bit warmer, bit closer and bit more prestigious degree.

Great wing player, always enjoyed the double poling for aceoffs and the wins and mayhem it created.

Wish him well other than when we face the BlueJays. Think this was in works while Petro still coach , wouldn't surprise to see Millman bring in a Big Red or two next.

Best of luck to Fernandez. Don’t like him going to Hopkins but it’s not much of a surprise seeing the holes they have. He’ll certainly help on ground balls and has a very high motor, something Hopkins fans like to complain about their players not having.

Depending on the Big Red players Milliman lures to Baltimore that could really change their fortunes. Teat and a healthy Epstein could be really scary. Wonder if bringing in too many guys might hurt team chemistry, given we have no idea when the staff will meet with the team in person.

Best of luck to Fernandez. Don’t like him going to Hopkins but it’s not much of a surprise seeing the holes they have. He’ll certainly help on ground balls and has a very high motor, something Hopkins fans like to complain about their players not having.

Depending on the Big Red players Milliman lures to Baltimore that could really change their fortunes. Teat and a healthy Epstein could be really scary. Wonder if bringing in too many guys might hurt team chemistry, given we have no idea when the staff will meet with the team in person.

On the surface I still don't get this one simply for the fact that Fernandez was already a starter in a program he's familiar with yet he's transferring to another school that's probably just as expensive and he still has to get a plane to get there. I wonder if there's some sort of underlying issue with the coaching staff?

I wonder if there's some sort of underlying issue with the coaching staff?

Probably this. What Desko and co. do works, but it's not for everyone. Milliman and Koesterer both seem more personable and hands-on. Maybe he prefers that kind of relationship with his coaches. Either that or he wanted the academic step up. Seeing as he'd likely have to sit a year if he transferred within the ACC, that pretty much leaves the Big Ten, and it's hard arguing with Hopkins from an academic standpoint, and he'd be guaranteed playing time there. Maryland just brought in Burlace (and Ubriaco the year before), not much room in Terptown for another pole.

Wish him well.

Probably this. What Desko and co. do works, but it's not for everyone. Milliman and Koesterer both seem more personable and hands-on. Maybe he prefers that kind of relationship with his coaches. Either that or he wanted the academic step up. Seeing as he'd likely have to sit a year if he transferred within the ACC, that pretty much leaves the Big Ten, and it's hard arguing with Hopkins from an academic standpoint, and he'd be guaranteed playing time there. Maryland just brought in Burlace (and Ubriaco the year before), not much room in Terptown for another pole.

Wish him well.
This. That's a nice pickup for Hop but nothing that really makes them all that much more of a threat for a Championship. If he was set on the B1G, better Hop than the Twerps or Penn St.

On the surface I still don't get this one simply for the fact that Fernandez was already a starter in a program he's familiar with yet he's transferring to another school that's probably just as expensive and he still has to get a plane to get there. I wonder if there's some sort of underlying issue with the coaching staff?

agreed I'm so perplexed by this one and to go to Hopkins??? I really want to know the drivers behind his decision to leave Cuse, a potential national championship team next season, for a rebuilding hopkins. Makes no sense but good luck to him EXCEPT when he plays Cuse.

Figured Duke was done after Sowers but wrong.. Odonnel may not be as well known as some other fogos but he is very good. 66% , Gonna pair with Ginder and they will be quite a good pair just as Gallagher and Leonard will be at ND. Phaup and Varello are also a good duo but gonna have their work cut out for them .

Wouldn't overthink Fernande departure, sometimes simply not the right fit. Maybe Cuse needs another pipeline beyond IMG given recent departures. Fernandez will upgrade JHU wing play and get to gb's but look forward to Cuse mids inverting on him. Our youngsters are an athletic group..

Wonder what is next shoe to drop in portal. Cuse, UNC and UVA all quiet . Guess is Tillmen might feel compelled to reinforce his 3rd midline

The Fernandez move made no sense to me either as he was a valued starter and impact player -

I’ve heard two stories - the first that he didn’t click with the team - wasn’t that close to the guys and the second , that he was slowly being “pushed out” - with Clary breathing down his neck and getting more time ..don’t know which, if any, are true, but all plausible

He can be a terror. Expect the the coaching change to jump start him and Epstein's return to full health to be of great benefit. JHU has a few good youngsters such as Murphy coming on. Gotta straighten out the D and goal tending but they aren't that far away from being a good team again.

The Fernandez move made no sense to me either as he was a valued starter and impact player -

I’ve heard two stories - the first that he didn’t click with the team - wasn’t that close to the guys and the second , that he was slowly being “pushed out” - with Clary breathing down his neck and getting more time ..don’t know which, if any, are true, but all plausible

Don't want to get to far down the rabbit hole but it was more of 1 then anything else. Was just looking for a situation he felt was a better fit for him so to speak. He was not unhappy with the team or staff just felt it wasn't the right place for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom