2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Why is no one talking about Teddy Dolan? Every time we played Binghamton I thought he played well. Probably could have looked even better playing behind a better defense though.

Can't imagine Tehoka goes back to school but how about RIT with Sundown. (and yes, I could also see him at Tampa.)

I think we aim higher if we look for a goalie in the portal. He was not even MDs go to back up and even McNaney didn't overly impress me as their starter. Best goalie in the portal is still probably Bonaventure's Brett Dobson.
Yeah, right. Are you related to Dobson.

Yeah, right. Are you related to Dobson.
Nope. Just seen him play enough times and looked at the numbers. He is better than MDs third string goalie. If there is another goalie in the portal who put up 60% as a starter last year please let me know and I will change my tune.

Why is no one talking about Teddy Dolan? Every time we played Binghamton I thought he played well. Probably could have looked even better playing behind a better defense though.
He did look good in our 2020 game and put up an excellent 58% last year in goal. Didn't realize he had quite that good a year. Save percentage is far from everything, but I guess my general rule is if you are high 50s or 60+ then you are doing something right in goal and if you are mid 40s or lower you are doing something wrong, regardless of the D in front of you or strength of schedule.

Nope. Just seen him play enough times and looked at the numbers. He is better than MDs third string goalie. If there is another goalie in the portal who put up 60% as a starter last year please let me know and I will change my tune.
Starter against what though? Canisius, Siena, ...

Starter against what though? Canisius, Siena, ...
If you are hitting 60% I think you are doing something right. I have also seen him play against superior competition and still stand his ground. He played great against Denver in 2020, with as little help as possible in front of him. I have also seen him have big games for team Canada and while he was playing top high school competition at Hill Academy.

Wanted to clarify that Cameron from UNC is in the portal as a grad transfer for the 2023 season. He will be in Chapel Hill in 2022.

Murphy would be a great fit for the Syracuse. It was rumored that he may have had some academic issues, but he is a talented player and may just need a fresh start. Interestingly enough when he committed to Hopkins as a rising freshmen all the media sources uses photos of him wearing Syracuse gloves...

Rutty now has 6 transfers, most are grad but their trying to out ND for the most transfers. Some decent pickups but still don't see anyone as good as Mullins Kirst or 29 year old Charalambides. Cameron is a good pick up though, mostly a crease guy but he and the Penn transfer add some higher level skill.

Last edited:
If you are hitting 60% I think you are doing something right. I have also seen him play against superior competition and still stand his ground. He played great against Denver in 2020, with as little help as possible in front of him. I have also seen him have big games for team Canada and while he was playing top high school competition at Hill Academy.
Brandau was given the award for the top goalie in Maryland as a senior at Boys' Latin.

Nice haul, I wouldn't have minded SU giving the D3 kid a shot here. That said I rather have Khan

I’m not tuned in to anything but I don’t think Khan will be at SU. Maybe coaching staff changes things but I’d be surprised.

DIII should be interesting to watch. They have to use that fifth year at a DI school but curious to see how many can make the jump. Wykoff and Rogers from High Point are the only two names from last year who stood out as DIII transfers but I’m certainly missing some people.

I’m not tuned in to anything but I don’t think Khan will be at SU. Maybe coaching staff changes things but I’d be surprised.

DIII should be interesting to watch. They have to use that fifth year at a DI school but curious to see how many can make the jump. Wykoff and Rogers from High Point are the only two names from last year who stood out as DIII transfers but I’m certainly missing some people.

Ya sorry I should have clarified I meant if I was Nova. Khan is definitely not coming to SU.

Wonder if Petro would make a run? He’s been a source of obsession for Hopkins fans.

Can't shoot a lick
True but they were starting to use him as a ssdm where he showed some potential. He could be successful there with more reps. Could essentially have a Peter Dearth type career path, who also quickly improved at ssdm when given time to get used to the role. One of the more athletic guys in D1.

Can't shoot a lick
Agree, but I'd bet March could fix that and the kid is an incredible athlete. If he were to join the orange and not cost any of the 12.6 scholarships he would add experienced depth to the midfield. Not saying the orange should chase him, but they shouldn't turn him down if the conditions are right.

Agree, but I'd bet March could fix that and the kid is an incredible athlete. If he were to join the orange and not cost any of the 12.6 scholarships he would add experienced depth to the midfield. Not saying the orange should chase him, but they shouldn't turn him down if the conditions are right.
Not sure I would have much faith in him finally figuring it out on offense. He has had 3 years to improve now and has still not gotten it done at all. Probably could find the cage a couple times in transition if he was a ssdm though.

True but they were starting to use him as a ssdm where he showed some potential. He could be successful there with more reps. Could essentially have a Peter Dearth type career path, who also quickly improved at ssdm when given time to get used to the role. One of the more athletic guys in D1.

He has a 15% career shooting percentage and shot only one for 13 last year, as I think he converted to SSDM. Not great obviously. He had a promising nine points in 6 games in 2020, but still only shot 14% that year. I think if Petro thought he was worth the gamble then great, I would take that as a good sign. I guess the question is does he only want to play offensive midfield? Since he is graduating he might just be looking for a different opportunity.

Maybe Gait could teach him a trick or two also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom