2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

IMO, imo those two were. Saw much of both Douglas and Prybinski in NJ HS play and edge to former. Reason why Corrigan struck quickly . At fogo, ND also has Will Lynch, a top rated fogo in 2021 class arriving. Corrigan doesn't not seem to be too concerned about that position. Season will tell but believe ND is going to be a very good team again.
Well, having a top fogo recruit is something. Maybe it will work out for ND, some might question it though.

You are comparing 5th year seniors, based on their high school play?

Well, having a top fogo recruit is something. Maybe it will work out for ND, some might question it though.

You are comparing 5th year seniors, based on their high school play?
Just as many did with Naso.

As far as your question, my answer is somewhat because there are physical attributes that do tend to carry forward. Today Douglas is still the more mobile of two with better feet and stick , btw thought he was best defender on Lehigh though another got first team all patriot. Corrigan knew what he needed and who he wanted right out of gate . Ill trust his judgement as well. Either ND or Maryland portal additions would have been of much help to Cuse. Been quite frustrating basically sitting it out.

Seems like a large stretch there.

Reynolds was All-Southern Conference, but Douglass was not All-Pat league. I am not sure you cans say these were the two best.

In the end, my point is not that some would favor ND, but there would be an agrument to put a Big Ten team in front of an ND.
which one(s)?

which one(s)?
Wgdsr, Am I right in saying that UVA was never considered the top team in ACC during the regular season last year? Recall Duke or UNC and then some short thought that maybe ND was because of their balance.

Know UVA never was ranked 1st nationally until end of postseason.

UVA comes in as conference and problably national fav but there is no clear delineation in separation as with Maryland in BIG. Even now, no givens to ACC order.

Expect Duke to return in fuller form instead of being half pregnant with Sowers , for ND drop-off to be slight if any with a offense that might be stronger .A UNC that loses much but has a well of top young talents to draw from. Cuse? 5th of five right now, A supplement or two to the returning core would go a long way.

Just as many did with Naso.

As far as your question, my answer is somewhat because there are physical attributes that do tend to carry forward. Today Douglas is still the more mobile of two with better feet and stick , btw thought he was best defender on Lehigh though another got first team all patriot. Corrigan knew what he needed and who he wanted right out of gate . Ill trust his judgement as well. Either ND or Maryland portal additions would have been of much help to Cuse. Been quite frustrating basically sitting it out.
I have doubts about your ability to make such judgements on defensemen. Others felt Prybylski deserved to be a UA AA and he was named 2nd team all Big East this spring.

In the end, Maryland's transfers are not in as much question as Rutgers and Rutgers recently added a defenseman from Bucknell who was 2nd team all Patriot league,

I get the feeling from your use of Corrigan that you are a ND homer.

I have doubts about your ability to make such judgements on defensemen. Others felt Prybylski deserved to be a UA AA and he was named 2nd team all Big East this spring.

In the end, Maryland's transfers are not in as much question as Rutgers and Rutgers recently added a defenseman from Bucknell who was 2nd team all Patriot league,

I get the feeling from your use of Corrigan that you are a ND homer.
Should he have called him Mr. Coach Kevin S. Corrigan Esq. every time?

which one(s)?
Hopkins finished the season on a high note: playing UMD close twice, beating Rutgers, and pounding PSU. Hopkins young goalie Marcille played well in 3 of the 4 games. Epstein might get more back in form to go with DeSimone. Degnon and Angelus did well on the first midfield and Pesko did well at the end of the season. Even Mcdermott started scoring. Top freshman Grimes could break out as a sophomore. The defense played decently and FOs were good. So I could see someone who viewed Hopkins in a positive manner putting them in front of ND.

Rutgers does return several All-Americans to go with their transfers.

Last edited:
Hopkins finished the season on a high note: playing UMD close twice, beating Rutgers, and pounding PSU. Hopkins young goalie Marcille played well in 3 of the 4 games. Epstein might get more back in form to go with DeSimone. Degnon and Angelus did well on the first midfield and Pesko did well at the end of the season. Even Mcdermott started scoring. Top freshman Grimes could break out as a sophomore. The defense played decently and FOs were good. So I could see someone who viewed Hopkins in a positive manner putting them in front of ND.

Rutgers does return several All-Americans to go with their transfers.
I think Hop has a shot at a breakout year of sorts but I would still put notre dame above them for the preaseason. Epstein and Desimone are good but kind of pale in comparison to a Pat Kavanaugh if we are talking about a guy who can lead an offense. Feel similarly about Degnon and Angelus. Good middies, would get time for almost any school, but not as good as Jackoboice or Dobson, who could also easily improve off his rookie season which still looked a little raw.

Hard to say how much the loss of Will Yorke will impact ND. He is a crease guy who never really dodged, but he did have good chemistry with Kavanaugh. If Jackoboice comes back then Yorke is the only heavy impact guy they lose, which is really not bad for an offense that was looking so strong to begin with. Cole Williams is a far more substantial loss for Hop than Yorke for ND. He was often the most likely guy on the team to draw a slide. The Hop D did look legit down the stretch. If they keep improving there then maybe they have a shot of outpacing a couple ACC teams along with cuse.

Once you talk about Dobson improving, you've put your foot in the door because there is the possibility of Grimes, McDermott and Peshko improving as sophomores also.

Epstein and DeSimone are 2, Kavanaugh is 1. Epstein or DeSimone is better than ND's #2.

Once you talk about Dobson improving, you've put your foot in the door because there is the possibility of Grimes, McDermott and Peshko improving as sophomores also.

Epstein and DeSimone are 2, Kavanaugh is 1. Epstein or DeSimone is better than ND's #2.
True but Dobson did quite a bit more in his freshman campaign than those three. Esptein and Desimone are probably better than Westlin overall, but Westlin's best attribute is being a lethal offball shooter, which compliments Kavanaugh as QB. You dont really need another Desimone/Epstein type at attack when you have a qb like Kavanaugh.

Westlin had 15 goals on 58 shots
this is madness. kavanaugh and westlin hit for almost 20% (15) more points in one fewer game.
they bring in maybe the best fogo in the class.
they reload on defensemen virtually every year.
they have a top 5 goalie.
almost their entire offense is back. they have 5 and 4 stars coming in that probably will have difficulty seeing the field on o because of it.

hopkins was 4 and 9. rutgers lost what? 60-70% of their offense and now are testing new goalies? do they have a faceoff guy?

i will take nd end of year either ranking or rpi, your choice, vs both of those 2. you up?

Wgdsr, Am I right in saying that UVA was never considered the top team in ACC during the regular season last year? Recall Duke or UNC and then some short thought that maybe ND was because of their balance.

Know UVA never was ranked 1st nationally until end of postseason.

UVA comes in as conference and problably national fav but there is no clear delineation in separation as with Maryland in BIG. Even now, no givens to ACC order.

Expect Duke to return in fuller form instead of being half pregnant with Sowers , for ND drop-off to be slight if any with a offense that might be stronger .A UNC that loses much but has a well of top young talents to draw from. Cuse? 5th of five right now, A supplement or two to the returning core would go a long way.
uva had probably the best ooc throughout the season, but after their 2nd loss would never have been considered #1, they weren't a "super team". even if the duke game went the other way.
the b1g used to be deeper. umd usually got nicked (in 6 or 7 games). last year the terps went 12 games unscathed and only 2 games against 4 and 9 hop were even in doubt late.
then even the #2 rutgers mostly routed the rest.
b1g vs acc used to only be nicked by their cellar dweller. in '21, it was the majority of them.

uva had probably the best ooc throughout the season, but after their 2nd loss would never have been considered #1, they weren't a "super team". even if the duke game went the other way.
the b1g used to be deeper. umd usually got nicked (in 6 or 7 games). last year the terps went 12 games unscathed and only 2 games against 4 and 9 hop were even in doubt late.
then even the #2 rutgers mostly routed the rest.
b1g vs acc used to only be nicked by their cellar dweller. in '21, it was the majority of them.
Trying to figure out ACC standing in 22. Not sure there is a order . My understanding is no acc tourney , be same format as last with six games agaisnt 3 acc opponents .

Pre season consensus projects with merit UVA being the strongest with Cuse being weakest but much doesn't pan . UVA was at times considered the 4th best and yet repeated as national champions . Right now viewing either ND or Duke as next strongest acc team with UNC slightly behind those two. All four IMO would be at worst second best team in BIG. Would like to see Rutgers and JHU back on schedule this year as well as Cornell and Hobart.

this is madness. kavanaugh and westlin hit for almost 20% (15) more points in one fewer game.
they bring in maybe the best fogo in the class.
they reload on defensemen virtually every year.
they have a top 5 goalie.
almost their entire offense is back. they have 5 and 4 stars coming in that probably will have difficulty seeing the field on o because of it.

hopkins was 4 and 9. rutgers lost what? 60-70% of their offense and now are testing new goalies? do they have a faceoff guy?

i will take nd end of year either ranking or rpi, your choice, vs both of those 2. you up?
I'll take it.
Picking Hopkins is basing it a lot on how they played in their last 4 games. It does depend a lot on their 3 freshmen from last year: Peshko, Grimes, and McDermott taking a step forward (along with Maher now), and their goalie Marcille continuing to improve.

Hopkins did make a coaching change last season, and because of covid, they didn't have fall ball, and the new staff didn't meet with the team till the Spring.

I am not as high on Notre Dame as you. The midfield doesn't look that strong or deep. Notre Dame's defense fluctuates just like everyone else, if Corrigan wasn't concerned about it he wouldn't have been chasing after transfers.

I'll take it.
Picking Hopkins is basing it a lot on how they played in their last 4 games. It does depend a lot on their 3 freshmen from last year: Peshko, Grimes, and McDermott taking a step forward (along with Maher now), and their goalie Marcille continuing to improve.

Hopkins did make a coaching change last season, and because of covid, they didn't have fall ball, and the new staff didn't meet with the team till the Spring.

I am not as high on Notre Dame as you. The midfield doesn't look that strong or deep. Notre Dame's defense fluctuates just like everyone else, if Corrigan wasn't concerned about it he wouldn't have been chasing after transfers.
i feel like i'm on the hop thread. with all manner of excuses and trophies for having a couple decent games at the end of the year and finally competing. if wishes were kisses, notre dame was a few goals from being undefeated.

i'm assuming you probably know how to work the pm's here better than me... hit me there or here, your stakes.

I'll take it.

Bit confused , wasn't this you less than two weeks ago.

[IMG alt="Zack80"]https://syracusefan.com/data/avatars/m/1/1245.jpg?1349387929[/IMG]

Zack80

2nd String​

JoinedSep 21, 2011Messages654Like396
I don't really have a rest of the top 10. With the Ivy League not playing this past spring, it is hard to know where they are at. With the Ivies not having played and having lost some personnel, I would not expect any of them to be in the top group of 5, but the best of them might be top 10. I'm at 6 right now
1 Virginia
2 Maryland
3 Duke
4 UNC
5 Georgetown
6 Notre Dame

Reactions:CuseAlum87

Bit confused , wasn't this you less than two weeks ago.

[IMG alt="Zack80"]https://syracusefan.com/data/avatars/m/1/1245.jpg?1349387929[/IMG]

Zack80

2nd String​

JoinedSep 21, 2011Messages654Like396
I don't really have a rest of the top 10. With the Ivy League not playing this past spring, it is hard to know where they are at. With the Ivies not having played and having lost some personnel, I would not expect any of them to be in the top group of 5, but the best of them might be top 10. I'm at 6 right now
1 Virginia
2 Maryland
3 Duke
4 UNC
5 Georgetown
6 Notre Dame

Reactions:CuseAlum87
I have looked at things closer now. I had already dropped Notre Dame from the #4 position the previous poster had had them.

Next year is a new year, wgdsr.

I have looked at things closer now. I had already dropped Notre Dame from the #4 position the previous poster had had them.

Next year is a new year, wgdsr.
wow, Inspector Clouseau

Trying to figure out ACC standing in 22. Not sure there is a order . My understanding is no acc tourney , be same format as last with six games agaisnt 3 acc opponents .

Pre season consensus projects with merit UVA being the strongest with Cuse being weakest but much doesn't pan . UVA was at times considered the 4th best and yet repeated as national champions . Right now viewing either ND or Duke as next strongest acc team with UNC slightly behind those two. All four IMO would be at worst second best team in BIG. Would like to see Rutgers and JHU back on schedule this year as well as Cornell and Hobart.
it was play 2 teams once, 2 teams twice.
not a lot surprises me anymore, but i would be if the acc carries the same format as 2021.

the teams get plenty of blood and push by playing one each and a tournament. and there were only 2 fewer total in-conference games throughout the league in the prior setup, with an acc tourn champ to crown. more ooc builds their lead as top conference, if they earn it.

their hand was forced last year with the b1g and ivy not playing anyone, and the be and patriot very limited.

Last edited:
it was play 2 teams once, 2 teams twice.
not a lot surprises me anymore, but i would be if the acc carries the same format as 2021.

the teams get plenty of blood and push by playing one each and a tournament. and there were only 2 fewer total in-conference games throughout the league in the prior setup, with an acc tourn champ to crown. more ooc builds their lead as top conference, if they earn it.

their hand was forced last year with the b1g and ivy not playing anyone, and the be and patriot very limited.
Yes, stand corrected on breakdown. Agree with your thoughts on matter but word is same format this year involving six acc games with no tourney. Know when schedules come out. If same , would seem logical to switch # of matchups, teams you faced once last year would be faced twice this year . For Cuse, mean facing ND n UVA once and Duke and UNC twice. For UVA ,be Cuse n UNC once , Duke and ND twice. Just rumored , shall see.

Hopefully, the Big Ten will reduce its restrictions, so UMD and UNC can continue their rivalry.

Hopefully, the Big Ten will reduce its restrictions, so UMD and UNC can continue their rivalry.
now that starsia's gone, maybe zack you'll personally welcome the hoos as well.
and hoo knows maybe cuse with all the connections.
i am curious whether teams will risk scheduling as many ivies as before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom