Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to beetch with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Of needs unattended while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
very apt and clever

I don't know about adding in last year's transfers who were injured to this year's class.

I think that I would probably consider UMd's group the best. Their offensive guys seem a bit better than Rutgers. Of course, Georgetown with the All-American defenseman and solid offense guys looks pretty good.

Notre Dame down at #7.

I don't know about adding in last year's transfers who were injured to this year's class.

I think that I would probably consider UMd's group the best. Their offensive guys seem a bit better than Rutgers. Of course, Georgetown with the All-American defenseman and solid offense guys looks pretty good.

Notre Dame down at #7.

I would have chosen Maryland over Rutgers as well. Seems IL went with quantity over quality. Rutgers got a lot of guys, just not sure they got the best guys. Curious how many of the players the Knights picked up would have played for other top teams?

Anyway, no one asked, but I might have done a "Winners and Losers" take rather than a "Top Classes". Seems like Maryland, Rutgers, Gtown, Ohio State and some others would be clear "winners", whereas UNC, Hobart, Villanova (they grabbed a lot of guys but lost two of their best players), Penn and the Patriot League might be considered "losers".

Lastly, yes, frustrating that SU hasn't gotten anyone, but it's also nice NOT to see any Syracuse players (minus Ferenadez, I really don't understand why he's listed) listed going to any of these schools.

Hmmm big kid from a good program at Niksy. I think he was a third team all American in 2019. Curious to see if he gets playing time. Do you know where they said that on FanLax? I can’t seem to find mention of it.
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 8.24.26 PM.png

Hmmm big kid from a good program at Niksy. I think he was a third team all American in 2019. Curious to see if he gets playing time. Do you know where they said that on FanLax? I can’t seem to find mention of it.

3rd team AA in 2021.

Dont know anything about Frattergio but like his length which is somewhat lacking on this team

Noticed two ex Cuse 2019 recruits, Jack Wood and Blake Ulmer , who were given the quick boot in fall camp were d2 AA . Both now play for U Tamp.

Att Wood posted 29-33-62 in 11 games while goalie Ulmer had save percentage of 60% with only 7.5 ga per game. Never know how they would have fared here but...

.. that 19 recruiting class also had att Donnelly and mid Lewandowski who have gone on to perform well for Drexel and UVM.

On another note, my belated congrats here to local champ LeMoyne and another former Cuse player Jake Nelson who started for them and posted 24-15-39 . Happy to see the kid had a wonderful ride in his final season.

Richie Connell is really good! May be that efficient primarily offball guy that we seem to be lacking this year. Would not say no.

His stats are pretty impressive (shot 40% last year and in '20) and has three years of eligibility left. His size is no joke at 6'5. As a lefty I don't know how he would fit in with the rest of the attack. I've said this a bunch before but Rhefuss and Hiltz worked well together because Rhefuss was able to play at X. With Connell you'd probably have to hope that Hiltz could play there, I am not sure that is best use of his skills. But I am sure March could figure it out.

The timing is weird, right as fall ball gets under way. Either way, without knowing much else, it's a nice option to have out there if no one else distinguishes themselves at that third attack spot next to Hiltz and Seebold.

His stats are pretty impressive (shot 40% last year and in '20) and has three years of eligibility left. His size is no joke at 6'5. As a lefty I don't know how he would fit in with the rest of the attack. I've said this a bunch before but Rhefuss and Hiltz worked well together because Rhefuss was able to play at X. With Connell you'd probably have to hope that Hiltz could play there, I am not sure that is best use of his skills. But I am sure March could figure it out.

The timing is weird, right as fall ball gets under way. Either way, without knowing much else, it's a nice option to have out there if no one else distinguishes themselves at that third attack spot next to Hiltz and Seebold.
Didn’t Curry and Dordevic both see time at attack over the weekend? That would solve the problem.

Connell is a stud, but it just won't work with Hiltz playing the wing on that side. Cuse would likely have to ask Connell to run out of the box and/or play exclusively on the crease. Who knows, maybe that will appeal to him.

I've been saying this for awhile but I would like to see Dordevic play "attack." You can still use him up top and on the high wing where he's most dangerous (similar to how Maryland used Connor Kelly) but you also don't have to ever take him off the field. So an attackman in terms of playing time but still a midfielder in dodging style. I don't like when teams take their biggest threats off the field. Offenses are increasingly becoming positionless and March/Gait need to figure out how to keep players like Dordevic as involved as humanly possible.

Didn’t Curry and Dordevic both see time at attack over the weekend? That would solve the problem.
They did in the second half but I wouldn't read into it too much. It seemed like just a way to give the young guns run at middie while the vets could remain on the field.

They did in the second half but I wouldn't read into it too much. It seemed like just a way to give the young guns run at middie while the vets could remain on the field.

Extremely unlikely either would be moved to attack at this point. Its the definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul. A 1st midline of Curry, Dordevic and Quinn is a top 5 mid line innthe country and top 1-2 when they are on.

Extremely unlikely either would be moved to attack at this point. Its the definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul. A 1st midline of Curry, Dordevic and Quinn is a top 5 mid line innthe country and top 1-2 when they are on.
In Paul Carcaterra’s mind maybe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom