2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Can someone explain to me how Jeff Kent gets 32.4 pct of the vote? I get the fact he was an ahole.

How is Andruw Jones not closer. 10 Time Gold Glove Winner, 5 Time All-star.

If Big Papi get's in which he will at some point. AROD, Bonds, Clemens should be in. They were hall of famers before steroids Big Papi became a hall of fame player after steroids.

Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are never getting in.
I would hold steroids against Ortiz.
However he has the BBWAA eating out of his hands because he gives them quotes.
Which is why this process sucks.

How was he an ahole ?
Tried posting the link, but this was the article, from a list of most despised teammates in baseball history.

1. The most prolific power-hitting second baseman in big league history, Jeff Kent broke the record previously held by Ryne Sandberg for career home runs by a second baseman. He also took home the 2000 NL MVP Award and was a consistent 20 HR, 100 RBI producer throughout the second half of his career.
    However, he was also a player who consistently had trouble getting along with both his teammates and the media, with all of that boiling over into a dugout fight with Barry Bonds back in 2002.
    The fact that Kent donated $15,000 to proponents of Proposition 8 banning same-sex marriage in the state of California has also been a cause for controversy.

If Big Papi get's in which he will at some point. AROD, Bonds, Clemens should be in. They were hall of famers before steroids Big Papi became a hall of fame player after steroids.
No Bonds or Clemens means no A-Rod.

A-Rod got suspended for an entire season for PEDs.

Arod has no shot. I think Bonds and Clemens gets in.
Bonds would need 52 new votes.
Clemens would need 53 new votes.

Schilling is 16 short.
If Schilling wasn’t MAGA he gets in.

OK, then. See ya.
1611704656108.gif

Ortiz will get close next year and likely make it in 2 years.
I don’t think he should make it now.
The media excuses some but not others.
I don’t blame with them Schilling but I am talking about Bonds and Clemens.

Politics kept Schilling out.

16 votes short means politics.
I don't even like Schilling but his numbers are clearly Hall worthy. It's just a sad commentary on the state of the country to deny him because some don't like his politics and candidates (from a major party) that he supported.

Schilling is 16 short.
If Schilling wasn’t MAGA he gets in.

The hall of fame writers could be accused of being political. Clemens, and Kent are staunch Republicans too.

Ortiz is the elephant in the room. He will get a pass for PEDs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom