2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

I don't even like Schilling but his numbers are clearly Hall worthy. It's just a sad commentary on the state of the country to deny him because some don't like his politics and candidates (from a major party) that he supported.
I absolutely hate that piece of Shlit schilling.

that said, he’s a HOFer.

So are bonds and Clemens.

and Kent.

and Pettitte.

and Manny.

and Sheffield.

I don’t support leaving out Schilling, but it’s not just “politics.” Mariano Rivera is a Trumper and nobody cares. Schilling pushes dangerous conspiracy theories. People want to avoid giving him a forum. I don’t agree with it, but I understand it.

Lol at Bonds not in. Entire thing is a joke.
I really don’t get how Ortiz will get in and Bonds won’t.

The Red Sox are my team and I think Ortiz is a HOFer but he IMO used PEDs in his career.

I mean Manny got caught twice.

Arod and Ortiz need to be treated like Bonds and Clemens.

I bet Jeff Bagwell and Jim Thome
Juiced as well.

I don’t support leaving out Schilling, but it’s not just “politics.” Mariano Rivera is a Trumper and nobody cares. Schilling pushes dangerous conspiracy theories. People want to avoid giving him a forum. I don’t agree with it, but I understand it.
99 pct of baseball fans probably wouldn't even know that Rivera was a Trumper. I disagree with all the crap that Schilling spews but he's a hof. If they are that worried about his speech then don't allow him to say anything political.

99 pct of baseball fans probably wouldn't even know that Rivera was a Trumper. I disagree with all the crap that Schilling spews but he's a hof. If they are that worried about his speech then don't allow him to say anything political.
I agree that he should be in and I wouldn’t limit his speech (although I would encourage media outlets not to cover it).

I’m also not sure that a QAnon idiot is a worse person than a domestic abuser. There are allegedly several of those on this ballot.

The voters are trying to maintain this moral integrity that the fan doesn't care about. I'd bet more than half the guys in were jerks and cheated in some way. I state again you let Selig, Torre and LaRussa in - they were the poster children for the roids era.

I also think the desire to not have anyone share the stage with Jeter impacted some voters.

I am not going to shed a tear for Curt. He is his own worst enemy.

The country doesn’t need that speech.
I stopped looking at his nonsense years ago, I was just curious last night so I researched some of his latest tweets, you know what f him, he is just as bad as those rioters, Im done defending him. I hope he never gets in.

I also think the desire to not have anyone share the stage with Jeter impacted some voters.
I agree with this. Let this be DJ's day and a love fest. Not throw someone on stage who is hated by even the very casual Yankee fan. I can see some votes doing that.

Schilling should be in HOF. Anyone that says no is either an idiot or someone that doesn’t understand baseball.
I guess their are a lot more Karen’s in our society than I thought.

Same as with Pete Rose, if the level of play is HOF worthy but there's controversy around the player, put them in the hall but acknowledge the controversy.

This isn't hard.

Same as with Pete Rose, if the level of play is HOF worthy but there's controversy around the player, put them in the hall but acknowledge the controversy.

This isn't hard.
It’s not the same though. Schilling never did anything that disrespected the game of baseball. He may have some crackpot ideas but he never did anything as bad as what Pete Rose did re: baseball.

It’s not the same though. Schilling never did anything that disrespected the game of baseball. He may have some crackpot ideas but he never did anything as bad as what Pete Rose did re: baseball.
I don't disagree. Mostly I'm just saying there's this idea of romanticizing the purity of the game, and it's counterproductive. Reality is, it ain't pure, never really was. Let's acknowledge the totality of the history, good and bad, rather than neglect the parts that aren't ideal. Bonds should be in. The plaque can acknowledge the stats and contributions of the game, and the ugly side of his career. It can all be there. Fame takes different forms.

No steroid guys and no guys of ill repute. I don’t know where that line is, but it must be a factor. Society shouldn’t reward or sanction certain behaviors. The whole notion of a Hall of Fame is kind of goofy. I mean you get to play a game during your prime and if you do really well at the game they enshrine you in an imaginary hall where you are exalted for playing well. People that overcome real hardship should be nationally rewarded somehow. But that’s another matter. And yes I do love it when Syracuse players get into the Hall of Fame. Call me Mr. inconsistent. But dat’s life

This nails Schilling and why those media who hold against him politics need to stop.

The voters are trying to maintain this moral integrity that the fan doesn't care about. I'd bet more than half the guys in were jerks and cheated in some way. I state again you let Selig, Torre and LaRussa in - they were the poster children for the roids era.

Larry Walker says hi.

Schilling should be in HOF. Anyone that says no is either an idiot or someone that doesn’t understand baseball.
Different handle, same nonsense.

Karen’s like the ones that cry to the moderators because they don’t like a song that was posted in the song of the day thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom