2021 Bracketology | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

I don’t think we were seeded 12th.
I think the committee actually did us a solid and said we aren’t going to make an ACC or Maryland team play Syracuse first round so put the next closest team that Syracuse could bus to their first opponent.

Ya Reilly is a good player at just under 60% and Gtown will play multiple guys as well. Hope Phaup is ready to go. We will need Aviles back to.
I believe there are not a ton of good fogos on their schedule outside of Denver. Could be some elevated stats due to that.

Interesting matchuo, Gtown reminds me a lot of the Loyola matchuo a few years ago save for Pat Spencer. Though Carraway is an excellent player. Injuries at LSM put SU in a tough bind as I think Kennedy is our best guy to match up but with Clary gone I don't think that's an option

I like how the Rutgers board thinks as long as they win 30% of the face offs then they're walking away with a win.

Now to see which defense shows up against GTown. I think the offense will get it done as long as it's the quick passing schemes and not the 1 on 1 middie dodging that seems to kill the flow. Who knows, maybe the coaches have a trick or two up their sleeves they were saving for the big dance.

Thoughts on any first round upsets?

Interesting matchuo, Gtown reminds me a lot of the Loyola matchuo a few years ago save for Pat Spencer. Though Carraway is an excellent player. Injuries at LSM put SU in a tough bind as I think Kennedy is our best guy to match up but with Clary gone I don't think that's an option

If they did move Kennedy down for this game couldn't they run Wykoff at LSM? Didn't he play there at Gettysburg?

If they did move Kennedy down for this game couldn't they run Wykoff at LSM? Didn't he play there at Gettysburg?

He played wings on faceoffs but I think he played close defense for most of their games. They haven’t moved Kennedy back all season so I don’t think they’ll do it this week. Even when Wykoff struggled against Robert Morris they moved Murphy on to his guy. Plus they’ll need Kennedy against the Hoyas midfield which is pretty good.

He played wings on faceoffs but I think he played close defense for most of their games. They haven’t moved Kennedy back all season so I don’t think they’ll do it this week. Even when Wykoff struggled against Robert Morris they moved Murphy on to his guy. Plus they’ll need Kennedy against the Hoyas midfield which is pretty good.
What defensive players are expected back, if any?

The Gtown goalie is very good. I would pole Hess. Drake had better show up in the first half or this could be a dog fight.

They must be accepting assurances from Loyola that the 'Hounds will be able to play.

From what I read the team was all re-tested and there were no positives. Not sure if that's official yet.

I don’t think we were seeded 12th.
I think the committee actually did us a solid and said we aren’t going to make an ACC or Maryland team play Syracuse first round so put the next closest team that Syracuse could bus to their first opponent.
Except the Orange are not busing to Georgetown. The site is College Park. That's not far from GT, but at least it's not our opponents' home field, which it likely would have been if we were shipped to Denver.

I think our Orange got as good a placement as they could have hoped for.

The other 4 ACC teams were placed in each of the 4 quarters of the bracket (as they should have been), so SU, assuming they can survive Georgetown, had to be bracketed with one of their league-mates in the second round. Based upon regular-season matchups, UVA was the best choice. I certainly wanted no part of UNC or ND.

Plus, we didn't have to get on a plane and fly to Colorado to play Denver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom